in Long Beach City College that teach English Edit
are you Anthony Starros?
C+

01/04/2014
good
Eng 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

VERY VERY good teacher.. Made class interesting and easy to learn. A little bit tough on grading essays but I've had it more tough than him before. Is very clear with lectures and assignments. Just make sure you do all your essays and REALLY TRY to focus on what he's asking for... Pretty simple to pass! I reccommend

12/19/2013
good
ENG-1 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

There' a lot of homework, and a lot of text book use. Do all the assignments, participate in online forums, and you will do fine. Essay grading depends, he is more interested in what you have to say then where you place your commas.

08/06/2013
Eng1 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He ridicules my writing and gives a grade that seems suitable for you. Even you do well with the other parts. Very disappointed. I thought I would do well but nope he made it worse. Worse teacher!

08/06/2013

Worse teacher. I am going to look for another teacher.

06/13/2013
good
ENGL 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This guy is the only teacher I have ever considered nominating for a scholastic award. He's awesome, and if you follow his directions, he will make your semester worth while.

12/04/2012
good
Eng105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Professor Starros is a wonderful teacher. He makes the class enjoyable and makes himself available to help students. The hybrid class does require a lot of work but if you keep on top of your assignments, you'll be fine.

11/29/2012
good
Eng105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

So... he's a very down to earth professor. I highly recommend him! He's very committed to his job. During my semester with him his father past away, and yes he was absent a few times but regardless he recovered, returned & continued being the professional he is. He's pretty fun, very helpful. Strict grader, but for your own good! I'm very satisfied

11/26/2012
good
Engl105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Greatest Professor I have taken so far at LBCC. I highly recommend him. He is extremely committed to his students and will do anything he can to help you in your essays. Very lenient on essay topics. Amazing at making sure you understand what is going on in the class. The greatest English teacher I have ever had, I am surprised he is only at LBCC.

01/05/2012
good
Eng1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Anthony Starros is such a wonderful professor. I was referred to him by my brother who attended CSULB master's program with him. Mr. Starros is such a great professor, and witty too. He really keeps you interested in English, and explains things in clarity for means of improvement. I recommend him, but just know there's a heavy work load.

12/02/2011
good
Eng105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great Professor. Very approachable and helpful. I expected a hybrid class to be very challenging, but I was pleasantly surprised.Although he doesn't give out bonus points, he does does give students the liberty to redo a bad paper to get a better grade. Overall, I really enjoyed his class.