Anthony Starros at Long Beach City College

Anthony Starros

Number of ratings 52 / Average Grade:  C+ Submit a correction

1/4/14

Eng 105

VERY VERY good teacher.. Made class interesting and easy to learn. A little bit tough on grading essays but I've had it more tough than him before. Is very clear with lectures and assignments. Just make sure you do all your essays and REALLY TRY to focus on what he's asking for... Pretty simple to pass! I reccommend

12/19/13

ENG-1

There' a lot of homework, and a lot of text book use. Do all the assignments, participate in online forums, and you will do fine. Essay grading depends, he is more interested in what you have to say then where you place your commas.

8/6/13

Eng1

He ridicules my writing and gives a grade that seems suitable for you. Even you do well with the other parts. Very disappointed. I thought I would do well but nope he made it worse. Worse teacher!

8/6/13

Eng1

Worse teacher. I am going to look for another teacher.

6/13/13

ENGL 1

This guy is the only teacher I have ever considered nominating for a scholastic award. He's awesome, and if you follow his directions, he will make your semester worth while.

12/4/12

Eng105

Professor Starros is a wonderful teacher. He makes the class enjoyable and makes himself available to help students. The hybrid class does require a lot of work but if you keep on top of your assignments, you'll be fine.

11/29/12

Eng105

So... he's a very down to earth professor. I highly recommend him! He's very committed to his job. During my semester with him his father past away, and yes he was absent a few times but regardless he recovered, returned & continued being the professional he is. He's pretty fun, very helpful. Strict grader, but for your own good! I'm very satisfied

11/26/12

Engl105

Greatest Professor I have taken so far at LBCC. I highly recommend him. He is extremely committed to his students and will do anything he can to help you in your essays. Very lenient on essay topics. Amazing at making sure you understand what is going on in the class. The greatest English teacher I have ever had, I am surprised he is only at LBCC.

1/5/12

Eng1

Anthony Starros is such a wonderful professor. I was referred to him by my brother who attended CSULB master's program with him. Mr. Starros is such a great professor, and witty too. He really keeps you interested in English, and explains things in clarity for means of improvement. I recommend him, but just know there's a heavy work load.

12/2/11

Eng105

Great Professor. Very approachable and helpful. I expected a hybrid class to be very challenging, but I was pleasantly surprised.Although he doesn't give out bonus points, he does does give students the liberty to redo a bad paper to get a better grade. Overall, I really enjoyed his class.

12/2/11

Eng105

Great teacher. Very approachable and helpful. Although he doesn't give away bonus points, he does allow students to redo a one bad paper at the end of the semester to get a better grade. Really like his class.

7/18/11

Eng1

Mr. Starros is tough to please and is quite demanding. Perhaps he is trying to "weed out" the weak. Due to the heavy work load, I learned a tremendous amount. To put it simply, I was glad when it was over.

7/10/11

ENG26

Mr. Starros is knowledgeable in the art of creative writing. He is very instructive. The class is not centered around textbooks but you will need to submit 2-3 manuscripts and keep a two entry per week journal. Proofread your papers for grammatical errors and be sure to attend class and BRING ENOUGH COPIES OF MANUSCRIPT. Easy class otherwise.

6/20/11

Engli105

Mr Starros is a great teacher who is relentless in making sure his students understand the material. My class was actually his favorite w@1:30 spring 2011. I learned a lot.

5/1/11

ENGL105

GREAT TEACHER DOESN'T GIVE HOMEWORK DURING SPRING BREAK LET'S YOU OUT EARLY VERY HELPFUL

3/20/11

ENG105

Do not take this professor. He will screw up your individual writing style. It is either his way or a bad grade. He take literally two weeks to respond to an email. Makes you keep a crap journal as if your in junior high and then does not even read it at the end of the semester. The man has a major ego to boot.

1/11/11

Engeng

i remember Mr. Starros i love going to his class. He is very handsome. I learned a lot about pop culture in his class.We have the same taste in movies. LOL.

11/11/10

Engl000

Great teacher! took him for creative writing.

6/4/10

eng1

I took him for an online class. He was an amazing teacher. the only teacher who let me enroll late in his class because i needed the class to be done this semester to transfer. first paper was a C. last was an A. got an A in the class. the journals really help with the essays. amazing teacher.

5/18/10

Eng1

Excellent professor! Very passionate about what he teaches. I have taken him for both English 105 and 1, and have seen a significant increase in the quality of my writing. Definately the best English teacher I have ever taken!

More English professors at Long Beach City College