Donald Kuderer at University of Wisconsin - La Crosse

Donald Kuderer

Number of ratings 65 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/20/11

SPA304

Professor Kuderer seems to know his stuff, but he speaks pretty quietly and is hard of hearing. I feel bad, because he seems really nervous in front of a class. Overall, the class is pretty boring, because you don't really have to do anything in it - he answers his own questions. Although you are supposed to attend, it is hard not to want to skip.

3/28/11

spa321

Kuderer is very hard. He talks in a monotone, and is very dry. He uses no technology, and the videos we watch are from the 80's. He doesn't actually teach what is on the test, he just brings in a lot of articles that he finds interesting, and have very little to do with what we are learning.

12/21/10

SPA201

This was the worst teacher I've ever had. Expect to learn everything yourself out of the book. If you ask a question he nods and stares for about 5 minutes before answering. We never knew if he was asking us questions or if he was talking to himself, so we all stopped answering him. Class was so pointless. I would rather do an online course.

12/17/10

SPA321

Very Boring!! This made it hard to pay attention in class. Everyone in my class fell asleep. He is very monotone. He thinks faster than he talks, so sometimes I couldn't tell if he was looking for us to answer or if he was trying to finish his thoughts.

12/8/10

spa304

was very boring and did not explain anything.

12/3/10

SPA201

Reads activities out of the book and answers his own questions, doesn't engage the class much, hard of hearing which makes things awkward sometimes (socially awkward), very boring class but easy if you study for the tests, he's a pretty fair grader

12/1/10

SPA303

He isn't the greatest at explaining things when students have questions. Attendance is mandatory since 303 usually has a small class size (mine is around 13). You're only allowed to miss 2 classes a semester. Tests are pretty easy which is nice, but the class as a whole is REALLY boring.

4/29/10

SPA321

BORING. I am a history major so I love the content. The man cannot teach! He is pretty picky about grading, I didn't mind that. I just wish that he taught the material instead of having us just read and reread and rereread. He was not super helpful about most things. But he does seem to know what hes talking about. Socially awkward.

4/15/10

SPA321

As many have already said, this guy is awful! He's an extremely picky grader and never gives the benefit of the doubt. Also can't hear for crap

4/6/10

SPA321

I don't know who gave this man a teaching license but they should probably be imprisoned for life. Never take him for anything. Every day in class I sat by the window wishing I could jump. He is literally the worst teacher I've ever had. It's boring. It's tedious. He has no social skills. I've met rocks with more personality

12/2/09

SPA321

Boring. HARD tests every other week. Tough grader. Mumbles, very disorganized. Doesn't let us leave early ever (even after tests!). Not a good teacher at all. We don't speak in class at all and my talking skills are decreasing because of it. Do not take this class!

12/1/09

Span201

Not that hard of a class, he is pretty nice. He can be boring.

12/1/09

SPA321

DO NOT take spanish civilizations with him unless you have absolutely no choice. Classes are super boring and very difficult to pay attention to, he gives us no chance to talk and just blabs on. Tests are very detailed and there is one about every other week. Text is difficult to understand. Most boring class I've ever taken!

11/19/09

SPA321

He is very unkind and not forgiving or understanding. He told me "I don't really pay attention to the students in class" and "I guess our opinions differ on what this question requires but I am not going to compromise on it. I'm right and you are not."

11/19/09

SPASPA

This professor is entirely not understanding and unkind. I quote from him "I don't really pay much attention to the students during class." and "I guess we have differing opinions on what this answer is, but I'm not going to compromise on it. I'm right."

11/5/09

spa326

Mumbles, constantly switches from eng to spa, expects wayy too much for a 1 credit class, silly quizzes, lots of articles to read. :/

4/27/09

SPA304

You will teach yourself. Everyday you must do the homework assigned because you go over it and random quizzes usually appear (though usually the day after the chapter begins..so not useful because you know nothing). Make sure you do listening exercises online because he times them. Show up. Be able to teach yourself most of it.

1/31/09

SPA304

I've had 3 classes with the guy, and I'm already bored and angry with his teaching style. He DOES indeed have tests every class, they're short, but I hear they're worth quite a bit. He DOES indeed have a hearing problem, he wears hearing aids but they don't do jack. And he IS really boring, rambles, mumbles, puts up pointless slides... AVOID!

12/15/08

Spa321

WORST PROF EVER!!! He is so rude and favors anyone who has been abroad. He mumbles and you can't understand anything. We spent most days on Wikipedia and looking at llamas in Nat Geo magazines. Insane "quizzes" which are really tests. Arrogant and makes fun of students. Everyone hates him. No idea how he still has a job. Avoid at all costs!!!!!!

12/6/08

SPA201

He's not very good. You will have a major amount of homework every night, he doesn't realize that you have other classes. He is very unorganized, and is literally deaf so you have to repeat everything you say about ten times. If you have a choice, don't take him.

More Languages professors at University of Wisconsin - La Crosse