in Appalachian State University that teach Political Science Edit
Professor in the Political Science department
at Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
are you Emmanuel Udogu?

11/13/2013
Writing PS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Honestly, this is near the top in my list of worst classes of all time. It has been easy, but beyond the realm of constructive easiness. I have learned virtually nothing other than the fact that his book (which we have been reading in class, literally) is a best-seller. If you want something out of Writing in PS, take a different class.

11/07/2013
good
Writing in PS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

I am in his Writing in PS class and it is by far the easiest class that I've taken. MUST read before class but the readings are never more than 20 pages and I usually have enough time to skim right before class and do well. Class involvement is essential but if you just mention "self-interest" during discussions, you'll be fine. Very easy grader.

09/05/2013
PS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I've had three classes with this professor and I think he's really great. You MUST read the chapters he assigns! He loves class discussions about them and really, reading 20-30 pages for HW isn't a big deal. Attendance is strict and mandatory. He never cancels class. You can't be afraid to talk in his class because he will call on you anyway.

04/08/2013
good
PS 2240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class is really a no brainer for PS majors. The tests are pretty easy but can be tricky when the questions aren't worded very well. His grading policy is a little harsh (each absence and missed test question is a point off your final grade), but he's interesting to listen to and the material is really very simple.

03/26/2013
PS 2240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Professor Udogu is very good. For this class, the questions were multiple choice and it took 10 minutes to take. He's not easy, but this is college. If you're already a good student and you come to class you will do well in it. He can be a little quirky, but he's nice.

09/30/2011
PS2240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I'm currently in his 2000 and 4000 classes. He is a great professor that expects a lot from his students because he wants you to do better than him. He has high expectations but not unreasonable. Don't take this for an easy A. Attendance is mandatory. Go to class, take notes and you'll get a good grade. It's pretty easy so long as you do that.

06/03/2011
good
Honorall Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I was a PS major at App State, and I took literally ALL of his classes. He appreciates students that show up for class, do their HW, and have an open mind. His lectures prompt a higher level of thinking. He is also an accomplished, published writer-- which is reflective of my reasoning in choosing him as my honors thesis advisor. Take his classes!

01/18/2011
good
PolitScie Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Udogu was one of the most influential professors I have ever had. I would retake his class anytime!!

11/14/2010
good
PSComp Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is a smart guy with a dry sense of humor that I find hilarious. I get the feeling that his lower level classes are very cut and dry; I wouldn't really recommend him for those, but I imagine his knowledge would be more useful in the more focused Poli Sci courses.

04/20/2010
AfricPoli Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This is by far the worst professor I have had at Appalachian. He very obviously picks favorites and if your not one of his your grade will reflect it. Doesn't tell you what he wants on any project and will punish you for not reading his mind. I worked for an entire semester on a 66page project and he decided to cancel it aftereveryone turned it in.