in University of California Santa Barbara that teach Fine Arts Edit
Professor in the Fine Arts department
at University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA
are you Richard Ross?

08/26/2012
Photo1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I know he comes here and flags all the bad comments about himself but here we go: if you have interest in photography or art in general stay away from him. You will get discouraged, humiliated and not learn anything technical and usefull about art making. He is a hustler who runs after money/ fame but not an art educator.

12/08/2010
Artst19 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I came into this class hoping to gain a greater appreciation for photography. Instead, my beliefs about photographers were only confirmed: that they are unrightfully pompous and have no true artistic merit. You pushed a button... Great job. We didn't learn any technical skills and were basically told we could never be as successful as Ross.

03/07/2009
ARTST120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I totally lost interest in photography. my dreams are ruined. he will do whatever he wants because 'he has teneur'

02/10/2006
artst 19 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This guy is the biggest **** I have ever met. All he tries to do is shut you down. He constantly talks in a condescending **** manner. If you come late once, he will make it his mission to give you the worst grade possible. He didn't talk about anything but how bad all the student's work is, and should be jumped

09/20/2005
good
Photo Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B

Richard is a crackup! Harsh sense of humor! Youll know where you stand with this guy. Never got to know him very well but i wasnt a photo student. But I hear, if you do, hes awesome. Highly reccomend!

09/13/2005
good
Photo Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

09/06/2005
inventions Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Richard is argumentitive... it gets kind of annoying in discussionss.... u say the sky is blue... he would say its pink just to hang out on his high horse.... he was really unclear about what as expected of us... but in the end we all got high marks.... so

09/05/2005
good
Photography Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

09/03/2005
good
Photography Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

05/10/2005
good

Still in this class and I LOVE THE LECTURES!! I get sad when they're over. This guy is so awesome, you hang on to every word he says. his attitude at first made me think, "this guy is either a dick or really awesome" but he ended up being realllllly cool.

04/26/2005
good
Art19 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very motivating and exciting. Sense of humor. Open to opinions, respectful. Genuinely cares.

12/10/2003
good
ARST19 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A