in Utah Valley University that teach Anthropology Edit
at Utah Valley University, Orem, UT
are you David Knowlton?

11/13/2013
good
ANTH 101G-004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Not at all what I expected. Way better. Not a puppy mill course like most classes down here. I am struggling though despite attending class and doing readings and working with my friend on the readings. Showed my boss. She said. "Looks like a great professor. Teaches like my professors at Cornell. Let me know how it goes." Oh man pressure is on!

11/08/2013
101G Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Run...don't walk away from this professor. After the first quiz, which the class averaged around 60%, he stated he doesn't have to teach us what he quizzes us on. His lectures are often disorganized and he is easily distracted by anyone who speaks a different language. He uses his own unedited textbook and his other required books are outdated.

10/23/2013
101G Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Do not take his class. Lectures consist of ramblings and tangents. Even if you read the texts and go to class you will not do well on quizzes. He used the F word in class and it's equivalent in a hand gesture "just because he could" in an effort to "further explain." Also I found his examples in using the Mormon church demeaning and unnecessary.

08/28/2013
good
ANTH 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

DAVID KNOWLTON FOR PREZ.

04/22/2013
good
Anth 4130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Get ready to read and participate. It's the best way to learn anything in his class. It's tough material but man, its the best.

12/30/2012
good
Anthr1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

We have to admit that Anthropology is a discipline with a lot of material to cover. Do not come to this class thinking you will get a good grade by doing nothing! however, you will like the lectures and see the world from a different point of view. The professor is very knowledgeable and the readings very interesting.

10/29/2012
ANTH101G Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I didn't like my class at all. Sure, sometimes the discussions were interesting, but most of the times they were just confusing and I never really understood the point. The reading material was sometimes really hard to understand and his tests. . . boy, he talks in riddles. If you like crystal clear professors who will answer you directly, not him.

08/14/2012
ANTH1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I really regret taking his class. He was never clear on anything, terribly disorganized and often went off on tangents that didn't seem to relate with what we were supposed to be learning. The quizzes and tests were impossible, and most of our class didn't get good grades at all by the end. This class was a nightmare.

05/02/2012
good
ANTH1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Lets be honest, its anthropology, which means its impossible to not do any work and still understand the material, and its impossible for the professor to be 100% clear on exactly what you need to learn. That being said, it was a pretty good class, and you can learn a lot if you put in the time. Take it and you won't regret it I promise

04/25/2012
Anth1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I remember reading these reviews before I signed up for the class, not knowing if it would be worth it. Let me tell you now, take anthropology from David Knowlton, he is fantastic and you will learn lots! I agree with the guy that talked about getting a dictionary :) I feel so smart after this class.