Nolan Lickey at Utah Valley University

Nolan Lickey

Number of ratings 40 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/28/10

mgmt1010

His tests are take home seems easy right? Wrong. His wording on the selfmade questions are sketchy at best. the hardest question of them all is trying to understand what he is actually asking for. He usually doesnt answer questions made very clearly unless he actually knows what he is talking about. Overall easy class to pass.But i wouldnt take agn

4/21/10

BSBE

Lickey did not accept a final 7 page paper of mine because I didnt list a source. Its not like he just docked me a few points which would have been fine but he just flat out did not accept it. Dropping my grade a whole letter grade. He is no fun. Will not be taking anymore classes of his and recommending against himn the rest of my schooling.

4/15/10

MGMT1010

Nolan is a WEIRD teacher. He does not answer your questions clearly. If he doesn't know the answer to a question he won't admit it and will go around the question. Take home tests, but they are hard and he tries to trick you. Most of his lectures are irrelevant and boring. I wouldn't recommend him as a teacher.

3/4/10

Still have my binder :)

5/15/09

MGMT1010

Easy class! Good text book of basic terms etc. you will use a lot in upper division classes. Good foundation class, easy tests from text and not a lot of homework at all! He is a strange duck!

5/6/09

MGMT1060

He is tough! His tests, though take-home are very difficult. You must attend to do well on tests. He is disorganized and mean. I learned a lot in the class though.

4/11/09

MNGT1010

He is a nice guy but not a very good teacher. He talks about random things in class and covers about 40% of the test in class. He tries to trick you with lame test questions. BAD TEaCher

2/10/09

alskd1765

Oh my this teacher is SUCH an idiot! He NEVER responds to e-mails and is extremely unhelpful and his questions that are supposed to be from the textbook aren't there! Then when you get your assignment back when you think you did a good job he gives you a bad score on it! I would NEVER recommend him to anyone!

11/18/08

MGMT1060

This was the best class I had this semester! I learned things in this class that I wouldn't learn anywhere else. He is a great teacher and you do not want to pass this class up!

10/19/08

MGMT1010

HORRIBLE! He is probably the worst teacher I have ever had. He dosen't teach everything he tests you on. He is a bad teacher and if you can AVOID his class!

10/14/08

MGMT1060

Took his Pers. Finance class. It was awsome! Kind of loose requirements, but its a Freshman class. Probably the most relevant and useful class Ive ever had. DO IT!

10/14/08

MGMT1010

One of the best 2 or 3 teachers I've had. Opened my eyes about some of the business world. I'm taking more bus. classes, from him if I can

7/22/08

MGMT1060

WORST TEACHER EVER! His class had potential to be intersting but i came out learning basically nothing. His class is easy but he doesn't teach and then tests you on the things he didn't teach. Don't buy the text book since we never used it.

4/28/08

Bus1060

Professor lickey is absolutely useless. He has no desire to help students, only to prove that he is right 100% of the time. He is impossible to work with. A real mistake

3/26/08

BUS1060

He's taught his whole life and never actually been in the business world.While taking his class I got all my answers backed up by extremely sucessful business owners in the community, but it didn't matter. He thinks he's always right. He told me"academics and the real world hardly ever agree" What?? Then why have academics. He thinks he's God.

12/15/07

bus1100

He runs a tight ship in class you don't want to be caught talking or being disrespectful.I was worried I would fail his class and so I went and talked to him. He's better on a personal level and he will work with you if he feels that your trying. But he makes you sweat a little.

12/5/07

mgmt1060

He is absolutaly not helpful, and will make you feel dumb if you ask a question, and after that he doesnt even answer the question. you never know what to study for and his tests are trick questions. i hated that teacher. the class was important, he sucks though... bad

11/2/07

PERSOFINA

I took his personal finance class, and it was a little bit of a joke. His tests were unrealistic and unreasonable because he would merely give T/F questions that should have had a "C" - sometimes answer possible. He would twist things his way a lot and didn't have a lot of assignments. Because of that, it is hard to get a good grade.

4/3/07

BMGT1060

Best class I ever had! This one should be required. I've learned more in this class than any 5 others. Down to earth financew stuff we all need!

1/8/07

MGMT1010

Course was on-line. Instructor was unclear about drop dead date for assignments. Denied the final exam. Dean ruled in my favor after dispute and passed final exam with flying colors, Lickey gave B as final grade.

More Business professors at Utah Valley University