Elsie Okobi at Southern Connecticut State University

Elsie Okobi

Number of ratings 51 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/8/12

ILS330

She is knowledgeable about the field, but she not be instructin students. Did not follow syllabus, assigned at least 7 labs that were not announced, incomprehensible grading guidelines. I will no longer pursue this field as a result. Do anything to avoid her instruction.

1/9/12

ILS504

The commenters before me are not exaggerating in the slightest--Dr. Okobi is the worst. The semester ended over a month ago and she still hasn't posted my grade. She doesn't reply to emails, she doesn't grade the mountain of work she assigns, her instructions could be generated by a toddler with a toy typewriter. Made me lose faith in the program.

8/20/10

ILS504

I took her classes in 1999. Back then we didn't have this rating as a resource. Please believe all these reviews if you are considering taking her classes. Clearly she hasn't changed over the years. She's the reason tenure should be abolished.

11/10/09

ILS504

I can't stress this enough: If you value your sanity, DO NOT TAKE A SINGLE CLASS WITH THIS "Professor". The comments here pretty much sum it up. I'm a bright person and don't complain about tough work, but what she does is incomprehensible. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

11/3/09

ILS504

BEWARE! IF THERE IS ONE PIECE OF ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU, IT IS AVOID HER AT ALL COSTS! EVEN IF IT MEANS YOU GRADUATE LATE! SHE IS AWFUL, THE WORD ISN'T EVEN STRONG ENOUGH! PLEASE HEED MY WARNING! I HOPE I CAN SPARE YOU MY PAIN AND CONFUSION. A CHILD COULD DO A BETTER JOB TEACHING!

10/11/09

ILS508

In all the classes I have taken for my Bachelors and now my Masters, I have never encountered a professor as bad as this one. How on earth she earned a high school diploma let alone a doctorate is beyond comprehension. I have heard that students have rallied for years to get rid of her but Southern will not listen. YOU WILL WASTE YOUR MONEY!

6/29/09

ILS504

I never received a single grade for over 20 assignments! Assigned all work in triplicate: individual assignments due weekly, work compiled into a single Word doc, and a website with all work loaded onto it. Gave strict guidelines for the final project for all libraries except school libraries, then refused to answer questions about it. Frustrating!

6/4/09

ILS504

Another worthless instructor in the library school at Southern. Again..tenured...not much you can do. Do not waste your money.

4/23/09

ILS504

Too add more to everything already posted: she is so disorganized that she often posts assignments due the year previous. Then takes down the lesson plan for the week, puts it back with a "fixed" due date, but will not tell the class. I do not understand how she completed a degree, much less got hired to teach.

4/22/09

ILS504

Horrible, horrible teacher. Gives the entire department a bad name. I have advised people against applying to this school's MLS program solely because of her presence.

4/21/09

ILS504

She couldn't teach her way out of a paper bag. She is not helpful at all, and will even respond to you rudely for not being able to understand her lack of clarity and disorganization. She has no clue how to use the eLearning system. It is sad to know that she is paid for what she does. She needs to take some organization and teaching classes.

4/17/09

ILS504

This is this single most awful professor ever. She should not be allowed to teach, if you can even call what she does "teaching." She is arrogant and rude, unorganized, unclear, and then gets frustrated when you don't know what's going on. She's impossible to understand, and if you ask for help, she's as helpful as a brick.

3/11/09

ILS504

It's an online class and she can't even bother answering e-mail. If I can find a decent job soon, I probably won't bother finishing this program just on the chance that I'll have to put up with her insanity again.

3/11/09

ILS504

I have her right now, and I'm thinking about dropping out entirely. I have already wasted more time on assignments that were posted on the Assignments tab, but turned out not to be due at all, ever, that I would like to sue the school for my tuition and my time. It almost seems like she is purposely being obtuse.

3/3/09

ILS504

This professor is extremely unorganized and the class suffers because of it. She is also very rude to students looking for help.

3/3/09

ILS506

She changed assignments after they had been posted and changed due dates all the time. One could never get a straight answer to a question and the assignments were not designed well.

2/24/09

ILS504

The problem is that no one wants to sink their student career just to provide a public service and complain about her. I wish I'd come here first before registering. She really is as atrocious as every one of these previous comments suggest. I love teachers who give me a challenge, but not when the challenge is in trying to decipher what they want.

2/24/09

ILS504

THE WORST professor ever. This is my second masters degree and I can say...this woman should not even be teaching kindergarten.

1/15/09

ILS599

There used to be many comments about how terrible this instructor is, but they seem to have disappeared. She really is that bad.

11/28/08

ILS504

Possibly the worst professor I have ever had. Assignments are incoherent, mispelled, and incorrect due dates are assigned. Much of her info has not been updated since 2000. When she is emailed or called for clarification, she gives snippy and vague answers. There were many negative reviews here before, but they disappeared.

More Information Science professors at Southern Connecticut State University