in St. Petersburg College (all campuses) that teach Communication Edit
Rebecca Strongbow
Professor in the Communication department
at St. Petersburg College (all campuses), St. Petersburg, FL
are you Rebecca Strongbow?

08/08/2013
SPC 1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

You will definitely need the book, all your quizzes are from an online site, and you need the code from the book. She was very out of it, wouldn't show up for class, and never returned our speech grades, or updated Angel. I got an A and have no idea how since I missed a speech. If you want an easy speech class, take her over the summer.

04/23/2013
good
SPC1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very easy to follow. If you do everything that is written on your syllabus you'll get an A+. There's 3 easy speeches and 2 formal ones. For this two you have to prepare well. She is very helpful, clear and nice. If you need any help she'll help you with no problem. I loved her! :)

01/03/2013
good
SPC1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I've never had a teacher as friendly as her! She loves her job and shows it, cares a lot about the students, and has a fairly easy class to boot. The speeches are the hardest part of the class but the main point of it all is to learn not to be as nervous in class while speaking. Take her! Blended classes, make sure you have a new "bundled" book.

01/02/2013
good
SPC1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is the best!! She really wants all of her students to pass. Even if you are shy and afraid to speak infront of your peers she makes you feel so at ease that only the ones who do not show up or do nothing are the ones who will not pass!!!

12/15/2012
good
SPCH1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Loved this class. She emails you back right away and is very clear and has everything planned out from day 1.

09/27/2012
good
SPC1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class was easy but R. Strongbow is a bit confusing on her instructions on speech assignments. I did the blended course. Quizzes are a breeze. She can be rude & sarcastic at times. But just ignore it and pass the class. Over all her class is really easy. Take her!! Good Luck!!

07/23/2012
good
SLA1047 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful Professor! Everyday in Mrs. Strongbow's class was very easy-going and fun. Very positive atmosphere for learning. I've already recommended her to 4 other students. Take Professor Strongbow!!

05/04/2012
good
SPC1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher, low key and very informative. Speeches were a breeze, test were open book, just show up, do your speeches and you will do well!

12/14/2011
good
SPC1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very easy teacher. Open note and book quizzes, very easy speechs. She lays out exactly what she wants you to do with the speech. If you do that and take good notes (for the tests) you get an A. It is really that easy. She struggles with the online portion however, I would not recommend taking a blended course with her.

12/03/2011
good
spc1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is an awesome teacher! I don't mind speaking, so I wasn't nervous, but she is very helpful and encouraging. You get open book/notes quizzes, 2 1-3 minute speeches and 2 5-7 minute speeches. Do what she expects and you'll do fine! I would take any class she offers!!

10/22/2011
good
SPCH1001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved her.. SHe is a great teacher. SHe only has 2 speechs at the end of the semister. The class is very easy and if your the type who doesn't like to speak in front of people this is the class for YOU! EASY "A" Take her!!!

07/12/2011
good
SPC1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Take her for a blended summer course. You only have two speeches and half the audience. I had the worst anxiety about this class and she made me feel at ease! She can be really confusing about what she wants. I recommend reading her hand outs rather than taking notes. Easy A if you can follow directions based on her hand outs!

04/28/2011
good
spc1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

TAKE STRONGBOW!!! Only 3 speeches. 1st is only 2 mins, other 2 are 6 minutes. SUPER EASY!!!

04/20/2011
good
SPC1065 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

she is a great teacher. we only had 2 speeches when everyone else had 5 or more. she spends half the class on your speeches and half on her teaching. no final and she is funny.

04/15/2011
good
SPC1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I put off speech till I absolutely had too but she made the class enjoyable. While I admit there is maybe 2 or 3 weeks between each speech, she encourages us to get them over with. There was a boy in my class with speech anxiety who couldnt look at the audience when he spoke, and she passed him based on content. VERY helpful and VERY understandable

12/14/2010
good
SPC1147 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher by far that I have had yet in college. Very energetic and loves her job. Has high respect for all students. Definitely recommend taking her for Speech Communications.

12/08/2010
good

Very energetic teacher, she always has a new outfit and hairstyle every day, deffinatly never boring. But i took the express class, and either because it was express or lack of thought behind it, the time between our 2 speeches was very short. we did not have enough time for our 2nd speech and felt very rushed. felt book work was usless.

08/21/2010
speec101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Strongbow is an amazing professor. One year later and I'm still recommending her for Speech class. She might be unorganized but she cares for her students. Just ask a question and she will answer it. She made speech class fun and entertaining!!! Take Strongbow!!!!

05/29/2010
good
SPC1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very nice woman. I've never had a teacher who is so nice, and respectful to their students. She treated us as if we were her babies! I took Dr. Suess and failed in Spring. My confidence dropped and I didnt even want to take her. Dr. Finklea recommended me to her, and she retored my faith. Really!! Some teachers think it's a contest of who can be me

05/09/2010
good
spc1017 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a little energetic, does go over good and helpful topics in the book. Outline was difficult to understand, but once i got the hang of it, it was a sinch. She is helpful, responds quickly through email. I emailed my outline and she sent it back with corrections before it was due. Easy A if you do outline and present speech