Rebecca Strongbow at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)

Rebecca Strongbow

Number of ratings 78 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

8/8/13

SPC 1017

You will definitely need the book, all your quizzes are from an online site, and you need the code from the book. She was very out of it, wouldn't show up for class, and never returned our speech grades, or updated Angel. I got an A and have no idea how since I missed a speech. If you want an easy speech class, take her over the summer.

4/23/13

SPC1017

Very easy to follow. If you do everything that is written on your syllabus you'll get an A+. There's 3 easy speeches and 2 formal ones. For this two you have to prepare well. She is very helpful, clear and nice. If you need any help she'll help you with no problem. I loved her! :)

1/3/13

SPC1017

I've never had a teacher as friendly as her! She loves her job and shows it, cares a lot about the students, and has a fairly easy class to boot. The speeches are the hardest part of the class but the main point of it all is to learn not to be as nervous in class while speaking. Take her! Blended classes, make sure you have a new "bundled" book.

1/2/13

SPC1017

This teacher is the best!! She really wants all of her students to pass. Even if you are shy and afraid to speak infront of your peers she makes you feel so at ease that only the ones who do not show up or do nothing are the ones who will not pass!!!

12/15/12

SPCH1017

Loved this class. She emails you back right away and is very clear and has everything planned out from day 1.

9/27/12

SPC1017

This class was easy but R. Strongbow is a bit confusing on her instructions on speech assignments. I did the blended course. Quizzes are a breeze. She can be rude & sarcastic at times. But just ignore it and pass the class. Over all her class is really easy. Take her!! Good Luck!!

7/23/12

SLA1047

Wonderful Professor! Everyday in Mrs. Strongbow's class was very easy-going and fun. Very positive atmosphere for learning. I've already recommended her to 4 other students. Take Professor Strongbow!!

5/4/12

SPC1017

Great teacher, low key and very informative. Speeches were a breeze, test were open book, just show up, do your speeches and you will do well!

12/14/11

SPC1017

Very easy teacher. Open note and book quizzes, very easy speechs. She lays out exactly what she wants you to do with the speech. If you do that and take good notes (for the tests) you get an A. It is really that easy. She struggles with the online portion however, I would not recommend taking a blended course with her.

12/3/11

spc1017

She is an awesome teacher! I don't mind speaking, so I wasn't nervous, but she is very helpful and encouraging. You get open book/notes quizzes, 2 1-3 minute speeches and 2 5-7 minute speeches. Do what she expects and you'll do fine! I would take any class she offers!!

10/22/11

SPCH1001

I loved her.. SHe is a great teacher. SHe only has 2 speechs at the end of the semister. The class is very easy and if your the type who doesn't like to speak in front of people this is the class for YOU! EASY "A" Take her!!!

7/12/11

SPC1017

Take her for a blended summer course. You only have two speeches and half the audience. I had the worst anxiety about this class and she made me feel at ease! She can be really confusing about what she wants. I recommend reading her hand outs rather than taking notes. Easy A if you can follow directions based on her hand outs!

4/28/11

spc1017

TAKE STRONGBOW!!! Only 3 speeches. 1st is only 2 mins, other 2 are 6 minutes. SUPER EASY!!!

4/20/11

SPC1065

she is a great teacher. we only had 2 speeches when everyone else had 5 or more. she spends half the class on your speeches and half on her teaching. no final and she is funny.

4/15/11

SPC1017

I put off speech till I absolutely had too but she made the class enjoyable. While I admit there is maybe 2 or 3 weeks between each speech, she encourages us to get them over with. There was a boy in my class with speech anxiety who couldnt look at the audience when he spoke, and she passed him based on content. VERY helpful and VERY understandable

12/14/10

SPC1147

Best teacher by far that I have had yet in college. Very energetic and loves her job. Has high respect for all students. Definitely recommend taking her for Speech Communications.

12/8/10

SPC1017

Very energetic teacher, she always has a new outfit and hairstyle every day, deffinatly never boring. But i took the express class, and either because it was express or lack of thought behind it, the time between our 2 speeches was very short. we did not have enough time for our 2nd speech and felt very rushed. felt book work was usless.

8/21/10

speec101

Prof. Strongbow is an amazing professor. One year later and I'm still recommending her for Speech class. She might be unorganized but she cares for her students. Just ask a question and she will answer it. She made speech class fun and entertaining!!! Take Strongbow!!!!

5/29/10

SPC1017

Very nice woman. I've never had a teacher who is so nice, and respectful to their students. She treated us as if we were her babies! I took Dr. Suess and failed in Spring. My confidence dropped and I didnt even want to take her. Dr. Finklea recommended me to her, and she retored my faith. Really!! Some teachers think it's a contest of who can be me

5/9/10

spc1017

She is a little energetic, does go over good and helpful topics in the book. Outline was difficult to understand, but once i got the hang of it, it was a sinch. She is helpful, responds quickly through email. I emailed my outline and she sent it back with corrections before it was due. Easy A if you do outline and present speech

More Communication professors at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)