Voltura at University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV)

Voltura

Number of ratings 29 / Average Grade:  C Submit a correction

7/9/14

Phil 102

I took this class online in the summer. I felt I would've done better in a real classroom. The work requirement is minimal each week, but the tests are very HARD. He really makes you question your answer. Prepare to study a lot for your tests, or take it in an actual class to best understand the material is my recommendation.

4/24/14

PHIL 102

This online class was very easy. The whole course is only 8 chapters from the textbook, discussions every week, and 4 tests. I feel like I did not learn a lot, and I would have preferred an in person section that is harder. But having this easy class definitely helped the grades in my other classes.

12/11/13

PHIL 102

He is extremely helpful when you email him, but in terms of communicating to the class and making objectives clear; he needs a little work. I feel I would have done better if I took an in person section. He's not bad, but not great.

5/29/13

PHIL 102

Took as an online class, very easy. It's easy to miss a lot of the test questions, though too, and that can lower your grade quickly. He offers makeup tests, but I found those to be a little harder. I did all the discussions and usually got a 16/20 for the tests and ended up with a B-.

4/5/13

PHIL 102

The class was easy. A weekly discussion question and tests, but overall the teacher was not that great. When we took online tests he took FOREVER to post the grades, so aggravating! Easy class, but would not recommend the teacher. Not very reliable.

7/5/12

PHIL102

I took the online class, this is a skeleton review of philosophy 102. EASY to understand, Easy to pass with A/B. Work Required: DB Posts (2times/week) & tests weekly. So glad I took this class, Professor posts grades promptly, is available at all times, and provides great references to understand course content. Need an easier class? Take this one!

1/17/12

PHIL102

I took his online class and the only reason I got a C was because I missed an exam. The class is easy enough if you actually do the work. Philosophy isn't an easy A like most people think.

12/20/11

PHIL102

Mr. Voltura knows his material. Unfortunately his poorly designed powerpoints, and lack of communication make his Distance Education Course difficult to follow. His tests are unpredictable, only testing on a few topics. If you are taking this for Gen Ed, find someone else. The re-takes are available, but the same unpredictability exists.

7/13/11

PHIL102

One of the most difficult/tricky class you must take inorder to graduate at UNLV.Took summer online b'cus take take an entire semester of disecting arguments.Allows retake 2 tests out of 4, almost no communication during 5 weeks of class, grades posted almost 1 week after test, frustrating.If you must take, then take Jerry.

1/13/11

Phil102

Extremely hard class. I would recommend not taking it online. Tests are pretty difficult, but if you ask for help, he is more than willing to help you.

12/20/10

PHILO102

His tests seem to test on only couple concepts, so if you get those concepts you should do fine. NOt the best professor I have taken, but took his class online. You get graded on 4 exams & 10% is discussion posts. I felt he was wishy washy at times. wouldn't recommend to others.

11/29/10

Philo102

Took his online class. Overall, it was a pretty easy online class, you just need to keep up to date with the discussion posts due weekly. Also make sure you read the chapters he assigns. His tests are unpredictable sometimes, he seems to test on only couple concepts--so if you understand that concept you should do fine. Offers ReTests, which helps!

12/24/09

PHI102

Took this class online. Have mixed feelings about this dude. His tests are kind of tricky, especially the first one, but they eased up a little bit I think cuz everyone was either gettin a C or below. But he's a helpful prof., just email him Qs and you should be fine. There are only like 3 tests though, but he gives retakes. Final is 25% of grade.

1/31/09

phil102

This course is difficult but Jerry made it simple. He is always there for you. He has all kinds of supplemental information for the course. You have the Textbook, diagrams, he is always on-line for you, has a 24 hours ph# for you to call for extra help. His discussions are creative! You actually, come out being a smarter person!! He ROCKS!

12/16/08

phil102

I hated the subject but if you just spend five minutes a day you can make a C or better. I thought the final was way harder then the other 4 test. You have to take it, so I would recommend him.

12/4/08

PHIL102

Took online class. Professor was very kind and helpful and participated in our class discussions along with the students. Quizzes are a little tricky but he lets you do one retake for each.

7/22/08

PHIL102

he seems like a nice guy and says he'll help you out whenever you need it but don't ask him to explain anything to you. He gave me the shortest answers EVER and didn't really answer my questions. He told me MULTIPLE TIMES he was going to curve the grade at the end and DIDN'T. It's fine if teachers don't curve but don't lie about it!

5/28/07

PHI102

I took this class online. The professor is very friendly and helpful. There are weekly discussion questions, which are very easy to answer. I thought the first quiz was a little tricky. The rest of the quizzes and tests were much easier though. There were only four homework assignments. Overall, this was a very easy class.

2/17/07

PHI102

I took online class. Pretty easy. Just participate in discussions and read textbooks. Exams are easy if you just read the book. Teacher is pretty cool.

11/30/06

phi102

More Philosophy professors at University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV)