in University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) that teach Philosophy Edit
at University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV), Las Vegas, NV
are you Voltura?
C

07/09/2014
Phil 102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took this class online in the summer. I felt I would've done better in a real classroom. The work requirement is minimal each week, but the tests are very HARD. He really makes you question your answer. Prepare to study a lot for your tests, or take it in an actual class to best understand the material is my recommendation.

04/24/2014
good
PHIL 102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This online class was very easy. The whole course is only 8 chapters from the textbook, discussions every week, and 4 tests. I feel like I did not learn a lot, and I would have preferred an in person section that is harder. But having this easy class definitely helped the grades in my other classes.

12/11/2013
good
PHIL 102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is extremely helpful when you email him, but in terms of communicating to the class and making objectives clear; he needs a little work. I feel I would have done better if I took an in person section. He's not bad, but not great.

05/29/2013
good
PHIL 102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took as an online class, very easy. It's easy to miss a lot of the test questions, though too, and that can lower your grade quickly. He offers makeup tests, but I found those to be a little harder. I did all the discussions and usually got a 16/20 for the tests and ended up with a B-.

04/05/2013
PHIL 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

The class was easy. A weekly discussion question and tests, but overall the teacher was not that great. When we took online tests he took FOREVER to post the grades, so aggravating! Easy class, but would not recommend the teacher. Not very reliable.

07/05/2012
good
PHIL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took the online class, this is a skeleton review of philosophy 102. EASY to understand, Easy to pass with A/B. Work Required: DB Posts (2times/week) & tests weekly. So glad I took this class, Professor posts grades promptly, is available at all times, and provides great references to understand course content. Need an easier class? Take this one!

01/17/2012

I took his online class and the only reason I got a C was because I missed an exam. The class is easy enough if you actually do the work. Philosophy isn't an easy A like most people think.

12/20/2011
PHIL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Voltura knows his material. Unfortunately his poorly designed powerpoints, and lack of communication make his Distance Education Course difficult to follow. His tests are unpredictable, only testing on a few topics. If you are taking this for Gen Ed, find someone else. The re-takes are available, but the same unpredictability exists.

07/13/2011
PHIL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

One of the most difficult/tricky class you must take inorder to graduate at UNLV.Took summer online b'cus take take an entire semester of disecting arguments.Allows retake 2 tests out of 4, almost no communication during 5 weeks of class, grades posted almost 1 week after test, frustrating.If you must take, then take Jerry.

01/13/2011
good
Phil102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Extremely hard class. I would recommend not taking it online. Tests are pretty difficult, but if you ask for help, he is more than willing to help you.