Jan Laville at Des Moines Area Community College

Jan Laville

Number of ratings 6 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

6/4/13

JOU177

She was a great teacher. Pushed me to become the writer I am today, and I know that I wouldn't be at my skill level without her. She's a kind and caring person who doesn't believe in letting you slide by without trying. True definition of a great teacher. She's retiring this year and she'll be missed.

1/24/12

ENG101

One of the best professors I've ever had. She knows what she's talking about and truly lives to teach. We need more like her out there. She isn't easy by far, but I wouldn't be the writer I am today without a professor like Professor LaVille.

1/14/11

ENG101

Awesome person and teacher too, it's obviously how much she cares about other people. Her class is not easy, but you will learn to become a better writer.

12/21/06

Engl117

I took this over a summer so I didn't put too much effort forth, but she didn't offer too much for teaching. Minimal instruction, boring and uncreative assignments, over-reliance on an online service to comment on our papers, and harsh on her own grading. At the very least though, she is a nice person and the informal discussions we had were fun.

10/10/04

Journalism

As a journalism student, I had the opportunity of getting to know her as a person and as a teacher. As person she's great. . caring and wonderful. As a teacher she expects a lot out of you and she's very critical.

11/20/03

Rater Interest

NEGITIVE in her remarks. Even on an 'A' paper all you see is a vast land of red marks.

More English professors at Des Moines Area Community College