in Des Moines Area Community College that teach English Edit

06/04/2013
good
JOU177 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She was a great teacher. Pushed me to become the writer I am today, and I know that I wouldn't be at my skill level without her. She's a kind and caring person who doesn't believe in letting you slide by without trying. True definition of a great teacher. She's retiring this year and she'll be missed.

01/24/2012
good
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the best professors I've ever had. She knows what she's talking about and truly lives to teach. We need more like her out there. She isn't easy by far, but I wouldn't be the writer I am today without a professor like Professor LaVille.

01/14/2011
good
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Awesome person and teacher too, it's obviously how much she cares about other people. Her class is not easy, but you will learn to become a better writer.

12/21/2006
Engl117 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took this over a summer so I didn't put too much effort forth, but she didn't offer too much for teaching. Minimal instruction, boring and uncreative assignments, over-reliance on an online service to comment on our papers, and harsh on her own grading. At the very least though, she is a nice person and the informal discussions we had were fun.

10/10/2004
Journalism Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

As a journalism student, I had the opportunity of getting to know her as a person and as a teacher. As person she's great. . caring and wonderful. As a teacher she expects a lot out of you and she's very critical.

11/20/2003
118 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

NEGITIVE in her remarks. Even on an 'A' paper all you see is a vast land of red marks.