in West Valley College that teach Economics Edit
at West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
are you Janis Kea?
B

12/05/2014
34436 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Tough Grader" "Tests are tough"

She is a wider professor. Her classes are boring as hell and the test is really different than the homework or the other assignments

01/03/2014
ECON1BH Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She's a really nice lady, I enjoyed going to her office hours, and she really does want to help students as much as possible. Unfortunately, I found her explanations of material pretty confusing even though I've already taken 1A. If you want to love and understand econ well, take Liu. Otherwise, I think Kea's class is the next best thing at WVC.

12/19/2012
good
ECON1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Kea is a really nice teacher. She offers help if anybody needs it and always encourages people to come to her office if they need help. Class was pretty easy, since I already had prior knowledge of economics taking Macro-econ in high school. Got an A in the class only having to read a few pages in the book. u take her Go to class!

06/06/2012
good
Micro001B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Not an easy class but if you do the aplia, pay attention in class (esp worksheets), and study hard you should manage a B. Shes really nice and helpful but theres tons of aplia assignments due every week. I studied hard and econ is even my major and I still ended up with a B.

05/23/2012
Micro1234 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I felt like a fish out of water most of the time. She talks reall fast so be prepared. I think Econ is either something you GET or you DON'T...Although I had NO problem with MACRO.

05/22/2012
ECON1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

DONT TAKE HER!! took her class online and it was horrible. Exams were too hard and too long. Not enough time. Questions were to time consuming. Hard to get majority points on aplia correct, which really hurts your grade. Assigns way to much hw per week. Alot of it is completely useless like reading small articles. She just wants to create busy work

04/27/2012
good
Microecon Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The online homework is very time consuming and it's hard to get good grades on them. She is a nice lady and wants to help, but I regret taking this class.

02/04/2012
Econ1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took her Online. She Honestly assigns 5-9 assignments per week!! It was very annoying. Most of them weren't hard they were just time consuming and mind numbingly dull. If you have a full class load do not take her class.

05/18/2011
good
econmic Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She knows what shes talking about. She enjoys teaching it. I didnt find the class easy, but I wasnt interested in the subject at all. No homework handed out in class, but there is online hwk due at least twice a week. a mid term, final, and aplia (attendance is like 5%) only things graded which sucks

10/14/2010
Econ1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Don't ever take her class. She assigned too much homework assignments that you barely had time to study for other courses. Three times per week you had to turn in the homework on Aplia. In-class lectures and problem practice were neither useful nor ever involved with Aplia assignments. I had enough with her class that decided not go with her Macro.

10/03/2010
MicroEcon Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is a nice lady, but she talked really fast and kept telling different stories about her darling husband. She was not usefully nor clearly explaining the problems and did not go in depth. I dropped her class last semester and I am taking Micro with Sam Liu now. I feel happy with Sam.

01/27/2010

This teacher is cool as a person, but the material was really confusing to me, I didn't need the class so I dropped it, along with like 20 other students in the class! The material was too hard and teaches fast!

01/06/2010
good
ECON001B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took microecon with Kea as an honors course. I'm not sure if the difficulty level is much different but I did find this class quite challenging. Kea is very nice and helpful if you have questions for her. I liked her as a teacher, but did not enjoy econ much which is why I struggled a bit. Her exams are pretty hard in my opinion. I got a B.

11/14/2008
good
ECON1AB Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had never taken Econ before and I loved it! Mrs. Kea was EXTREMELY helpful and definitely seems to enjoy teaching. She gave out additional handouts and assigned groupwork during most, if not all, the difficult topics. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

06/10/2008
good
Econ1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I have taken her for both macro and micro economics, i never really excelled beyond a C in either class, but economics and i just don't click. But as a teacher, mrs. kea was great, her lectures were very informative, she was really helpful with questions, and the overall curriculum was challenging but do-able. i definitely recommend.

01/02/2008
ECON1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I had many difficulties in her online class, as did most of the class. She refused to respond to questions in a timely manner, was unwilling to help students (one person asked for help and she told them to just drop the class!)and was unresponsive to any of our concerns. Spent the entire semester stressed and on my own. I was absolutely MISERABLE!

12/18/2007
Econ1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took her online class and she NEVER taught anything. I relied on the book 100%. She didn't check her email regularly, so when I had a question on an assignment that was due, she didn't respond until after it was turned in. There was a a 2 week period that she didn't communicate with us at all! She didn't take any responsibility for her downfalls!

05/28/2007
good
ECON1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Kea is a great teacher, great sense of humor, reviews every class to help students memorize. Class is hard, but if you study hard & ask questions, you only have a midterm and final to worry about. Weekly online homework assgt's, kinda hard if you don't like graphs, but she's always available for meetings to go over online assgt's with you.

05/17/2007
good
econSECT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Ms Kea as stimulating lectures, but uses Aplia as a homework tool. This may not be the best method for all students. If you like immediate feedback on homework and like quizzes this may not be the class for you.

01/30/2007
econ1b Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

you need to do an online assignment every week they are not fun and you can make them up! tests are very hard and you only have a midterm and a final!