in San Jacinto College South that teach Mathematics Edit
Jerry Tate
at San Jacinto College South, Houston, TX
are you Jerry Tate?

12/08/2014
precal Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Lectures are long" "Get ready to read"

His class is really hard. I went to the MathLab on a daily basis after class to get clarification on what he taught. I wouldn't take him if you're not strong in math. He gives homework assignments but doesn't take them up at the test like he says he will. I got more help from going to MathLab then to him.

12/05/2014
Math 1315 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD
"Tests are tough" "Get ready to read"

He's a nice man, and good at his subject, but very hard if you're not good at math. I did not go to high school and felt there was a huge learning gap in my Precalc class. He does not use MML at all, which really helps me and carried me through 1314. He will answer questions, but it just didn't help me. The tests were hard, and no daily grades.

09/11/2014
good
Precal Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I will be honest. He drops your lowest test grade. He explains the material very. He is very willing to help. Lots of homework. BUT HIS TESTS ARE REALLY HARD! Take him at your risk.

04/10/2014
good
Precal Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He's explains things clearly at a steady pace. Makes it seem pretty simple in class but you HAVE to work hard! Homework isn't for a grade but highly recommended! (Some show up on quizzes or even exams.) I normally enjoy math & don't need a lot of practice but have only passed one exam so far... Textbook is only for homework. Good sense of humor too

03/30/2014
good
precal Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His tests are really hard. If you want that A, you will have to work hard for it. Very nice man. Very helpful during lecture and conference. And always willing to help.

11/06/2013

DO NOT TAKE HIS CLASS. He's really nice and all, but he doesn't explain things very well and acts like you should know everything already. Exams are worth 60% of your grade, the final is 30%, and homework on mathlab is 10%, which if you're struggling is not the way to go at all. I had to drop his class because of it.

12/14/2012
good
MATH2412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took the Pilot Pre-Cal/Trig class. Professor Tate is a really great teacher. He is able to explain math in a way so that everyone understands. He teaches what the student will be tested on and is a great person and great teacher. Make sure to take notes and do the reviews and you'll do well in his class. Take him!

11/13/2012
good
MATH2401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Clear lectures, a little repetitive to ensure communication. Usually arrived 2-5min after the class was scheduled to start (at 8AM). A little impersonal in class, but friendly and helpful durring conference hours. I'd recommend.

good
MATH1314 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Also, his tests are very easy if you know what you're doing. He will post up reviews with the answers and go over anything you have trouble with. You will have notes from class that go over everything you need to know. If you did well in math in high school, this class will be a breeze.

good

Professor Tate is a really good teacher! He teaches everything step by step and will gladly answer any questions. His pace was a little slow for me. The only homework he gives in on MyMathLab and there is more than enough time to finish it. No textbook is required.

good
MATH1314 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

GREAT teacher! all you have to do is take notes in class, do your hw in my math lab, and if there are exams, he'll give you a review online and the test is kind of like the review.but overall, he's a great teacher! I would recommend you to take his class.

10/06/2012
good
MATH2412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher and Math is not my strong subject. He will spend time to answer even the most obvious questions. I am taking him again for Calculus

07/18/2012
good
MATH1304 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher! Don't know why so many people slam him? He isn't a breeze, but if you have an average understanding of math and don't mind studying then you will do fine! Very straightforward, tells corny jokes, and has a passion for what he teaches. I recommend him!

12/17/2011
MathTrig Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I hated this class. I got an A in COllege Algebra with Lewis! The best teacher and still did awful. I tried talking to him for help and nothing! I did so bad!

10/18/2011
good
Math2413 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had him for both Trig and Calculus. I don't understand why so many people had trouble in his class, because his classes were pretty straightforward. Do your homework and any review he gives and you can easily make an A. He loves what he does and does it well. Take him if you can fit him in your schedule! He takes time to help his students out.

05/18/2011
MATH2312 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Worst Teacher EVER!!!!

03/30/2011
Math1314 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Test count as 90% and Homework/quizzes on MyMathLab are worth 10% of your overall grade. If you aren't a brainiac when it comes to Algebra then DO NOT TAKE HIM!

02/03/2011
good
Math1412 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I dont know what some of the people below me are talking about. Dr. Tate is one of the best math teachers I have ever had. His lecture is very well structured and he explains difficult concepts in way that's easy to understand. He really cares about his students too. I missed a test because of car troubles and he was very kind in letting me retake.

12/24/2010
good
MATH1316 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you are good at math, Dr. Tate isn't a hard teacher at all. I noticed a lot of people in my class never asked him questions even though he gave them the opportunity to ask every day. The tests are very similar to the homework and the examples he works on the board in class.

12/03/2010
MATH2312 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor doesn't seem to care if you pass or not. He is very strict. Don't take him if you can't teach yourself out of the book. There was times when I would just review the book myself without his lecture and did WAY better than if I had gone to class. I think his lecture only confuses you more.