in Trident Technical College that teach History Edit
at Trident Technical College, Charleston, SC
are you Frank Whisman?

01/20/2009
good
HIS102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the best teachers I've ever had. I wish I could take another class with him. Incredibly entertaining. He makes it fun to learn about history.

08/11/2008
good
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This guy is the man! I loved his class so much I took his 102 class too. I was not happy at first with the class but after a while I kinda warmed up to it. Take good notes, his tests are verbatim from the notes. He is crazy and says alot of crazy stuff but its an easy class!

06/18/2008
good
HIS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

At first I was not happy about having to take 101 to transfer to another college because that area of history just really doen't interest me, but Mr. Whisman really made a difference. He makes learning history fun and encourages people to learn more about the world. I would definately take him again in a heartbeart. TAKE HIM you wont regret it.

03/25/2008
good
His101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful teacher. He is very intelligent and knows his stuff. He will keep you entertained. DONT MISS CLASS. He gives wonderful notes and tells stories with them to make more sense. This is the only class that I enjoy going to. Take him if you can. I am going to take him for His 102 because I enjoyed him so much.

12/11/2007
good
HIS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is a really nice and understanding teacher! His tests are extremely easy. They are based on notes that are given in class. He is extremely fair in grading! He sometimes says inappropriate things--just ignore it! Easy "A"!!!

12/07/2007
good
histSECT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This guy is very funny. All of your tests are based on the notes you take in class you don't really need your book other than for maps. Do not miss classes or you will be missing the only study guide he gives. Awesome teacher.

10/11/2007
good
HIS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Like this guy alot!

07/05/2007
good
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hands down the best teacher I have had in any subject!Motivates me to study harder and also throws in an occasional life lesson with his lectures

02/23/2007
good
Hist101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Whisman is a hell of a teacher!!! Because of him, I want to be a history major. It is amazing how he can lecture for a whole class period without ever looking at his notes. I am taking him again for 102. I wish he taught at CofC. He cracks me up too. Word of advice, copy down the outline everyday and leave room between each name for notes

12/13/2006
good
HISAM Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher

10/04/2006
good
his102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Whisman is a great teacher. Although his test are completly fill in the blank, if you take notes, listen, and study the lec., you will pass. Take him if you get the chance, I enjoyed his class.

07/19/2006
good
HIS 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved Mr. Whisman and his class. If you listen and take notes, you're guaranteed to pass. He lectured most of class, but he was funny and his stories, entertaining. He's a nice guy in general and if he teached any other history classes, I'd definititely enroll =)

04/25/2006
good
HIS 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Easy class if you take notes and listen..He makes the class very interesting...It is a very good class to take..

03/31/2006
good
HIS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Whisman is great...He should go on Jeopardy..He's so smart and he knows his stuff..He's a great teacher..you should def take him

03/17/2006
good
HIS 101 and 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great instructor! Easiest college class I have taken...but learned more from it than any other class. If you go to class, take notes, use those notes to study...you will probably get an A. Wish they would give him an American History class to teach. I would take it in a heartbeat.

01/26/2006
good
Hist102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A little boring.. but I recommend it!

01/26/2006
good
Hist 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Easy class.. recommed it!

01/11/2006
HIS 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Whisman may be easy, but I cannot stand sitting through his class. He tells horrible jokes and is extremely close-minded. He thinks America is the only good country in the universe and that our culture is the only way to live. His lectures are average... he goes on tangents about unrelated topics. I do not recommend his class.

08/16/2005
good
History 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is the best teacher....PERIOD. His lectures are always intersting and the way he teaches you actually will learn a lot. If you go to class and just write down what is on the board you will do fine. This is by far the greatest teacher. SO GET HIM!!!!

08/09/2005
good
HIS 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Whismas rocks! He is one of the best teachers Ive had. Always keeps the class laughing with his funny and sarcastic jokes. He loves to tell stories of his "days". His test are highly easy and the research paper you have to do is a piece of cake! No MLA needed!!! I learned alot as well. Definetely a class you want to take.