Lisa Perez at Minnesota State University

Lisa Perez

Number of ratings 34 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

7/17/14

PSYC 201

Generally unclear, and did not make it seem like a safe environment to ask questions. She seemed disinterested most of the time and was not punctual with assigning things, which meant they all piled up.

12/6/12

PSYC419

Very nice. She knows what she is talking about and is very good at explaining concepts. She cares about the students and how they are doing in her class and makes mandatory review sessions to help you on the test. This class is hard and you have to work if you want to do well, but it's worth it.

10/24/11

PSYCH101

She is a BAD professor. She acts like she doesn't care or she doesn't want to be there. She makes you do way too much work for a 100 level class and her tests are worded so you get it wrong.

11/17/10

psyc201

She had us buy Aplia and we never used it... not very clear with her lectures either. She grades really randomly... tests and quizes i thought i failed i got B's on. she will make time to see you if you need help though.

3/1/10

PSYCH101

I cant believe women is a college professor, she would rather have people fail her class to take any time to explain things in detail or even lift her finger to put the notes online for a program that we pay for at the school. She is terrible and very unhelpful, never take this class with her you will regret it

2/28/10

psych101

This teacher is terrible. It seems as if shewould rather have her students do poorly in her class. She isn't nice, helpful, or even reasonable. all of her tests/quizzes are made to be confusing. she doesn't post notes or send notifications. DO NOT TAKE HER!!

2/17/10

PSYC101

She is a very intelligent woman, tests are way too hard, very boring, doesn't post notes, study guides that are posted dont cover all material on test. Always has a chip on her shoulder. would not recomend.

12/10/09

PSYC419

Great prof, but frustrating experience -- not timely on handing work back/ feedback,expectations not clear

4/20/09

3/31/09

Psyc101

Not very effective in making course interesting. It seemed dumbed down and to only focus on her area of study rather than general as a 101 class should. Don't take as a nightclass, 4 hours is too long to sit in the dark taking notes on her powerpoint slides.

7/26/08

PSYC201

I just took PSYC Stats with her. She told us she had never taught the class before, which made me nervous. But, I thought she did a GREAT job. I am terrible at math and I think I will end up with an A or B. She speaks clearly and gives good examples. Her quizes were like pretests which was very helpful. Also shes got a good sense of humor!

4/20/08

PSYC101

I didn't enjoy her class, she didn't offer any extra credit in class. I went to every class but still never really did well at all. I didn't get anything out of her class. I would not recommend her as a professor. I don't know what changed between past terms and this one but don't take her. She doesn't answer emails, or update grades regularly.

2/13/08

PSYC101

Easy class if you go to lecture and read the text book. Offers a lot of extra credit.

4/21/06

PSYC 101

I don't understand her. Like, I literally thought I failed a test and I got 98%. What the H? She never answers e-mails. I'm on the fence about this class. I think it's easy, but I'm not sure. She has plenty of extra credit and she drops the lowest test score. DO THE 1ST AND 3RD ASSIGNMENTS!! They're the easiest of the four! (2 required)

4/13/06

Psych 101

If you go to class and pay attention you will do fine. She even drop your lowest test score so if you do well, you don't have to show up the last 2 weeks. If you want to take intro to psych take it with her.

2/28/06

PSYCH 101

If you go to class you will get an A, it's simple. All you have to do is take notes from her slides, don't buy the book.

12/27/05

psych 101

very enjoyable class, sollow study guide, and you will do good.

10/26/05

PSYC 101

I don't know why people say they found her boring. I enjoyed her stories and thought she had a good sense of humor.

9/30/05

attitudes

sometimes i wonder how hard tests are going to be when we waste entire classes on nothing. however, she is a great teacher that knows her****. too bad shes from wisconsin. nothing good ever comes from wisconsin.

9/14/05

Psych101

Great teacher! Go to lecture, take the notes, study from the study guide... you'll get an A. I have never received 100% on anything before, I got a 100% on one test and 98% on another test in this class, and I never even opened the book.

More Psychology professors at Minnesota State University