James Walsh at University of Colorado Denver

James Walsh

Number of ratings 31 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

7/30/13

HIST 3345

I have taken every class that I can with Professor Walsh (3 classes...). I loved all of his classes and I truly admire his form of teaching. He was my first professor at UCD and as a history major, I have loved all of his classes. I will never forget the things I learned in his class.

7/30/13

HIS 1362

Didn't really learn anything. He lost all of my assignments. He is incompetent and his style of teaching is very ineffective.

5/16/13

HIST

There is nothing I can say about this rockstar professor that my peers on the site have not already covered. Great Professor, and an even better human being.

5/14/13

HIST 3345

Hands down the best professor at UCD.

1/29/13

HIST0000

As someone who hates history classes, I absolutely loved Walshs class!

12/10/12

HIST3345

Dr. Walsh is one of the best profs at UCD! I was never bored in his Immigration and Ethnicity class. Highly recommend him! Though be prepared for discussions and to act out a play at the end of the semester. But it's not bad at all. And you will have only 3 TAKE HOME quizzes and one major project paper toward the end of the sem. Dr Walsh is amazing

12/9/12

HIST3345

One of the best professors I have ever had. Definitely recommend.

8/13/12

HIST1362

Awesome professor! I highly recommend Dr Walsh. Definitely not your typical class.

6/16/12

HIST1361

Truly the Best Prof in UCD.

5/16/12

HIST3349

Dr Walsh is an awesome teacher. Definitely has his own style. You literally NEVER need to attend class because there are no quizzes or tests, only short papers based on the books you read. I still found myself going to class regularly though because he is such a good teacher and really passionate about the subject. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend!

2/29/12

HIST101

Three years later, I'm still remembering and learning from the conversations I had in this classroom. Most beneficial non-major related class I've ever taken.

1/6/12

HIST1362

James was a nice professor, but you better be ready to participate. He teaches in a very non traditional way that can sometimes be hard to understand and learn from. I learned almost nothing from the entire time I was in the class.

12/26/11

HIST3601

What the future of education should be based on. Hands on learning. Be prepared to act in group and solo. Not as scary as it sounds and an EASY A from a Prof. who really cares. Best Prof. I had during my undergrad

7/7/11

HIST3345

For a class I was not interested in taking at all, Professor Walsh made it one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in college so far. I highly recommend him.

5/8/11

HIST3OL

Professor Walsh is the cat's pajamas, the bee's knees, the yoda of history. He cares about his students. He teaches using concepts and empathy instead of rote memorization. This class will stay with me. Thank you. *The class was online so I can't comment on whether he deserves a hot tamale.

1/18/11

HIST3345

Very nice man. I've taken a lot of online classes, but his is one of the first that not only was manageable, but that I looked forward to taking and learning. He made sure to have meet ups and was always available if you needed something.

11/17/10

hist3345

He is an awsum teacher..he is very easy

5/8/10

HIST3345

one of the most amazing people I have ever met. I almost cried on the last day of class. There are simply not enough words to tell you how incredible this man is.

5/7/10

Hist3342

Great guy would def. take another class with him. He is one of the best teahcers I have ever had. Great teacher, great guy. Makes CU-Denver great

5/2/10

HIST1362

Great teacher. You get to read some amazing books that really inspire you. He is a very down to earth, sweet guy. He relates things to everyday life. You don't really get to learn about history facts but more about peoples everday lives in history.

More History professors at University of Colorado Denver