in University of Colorado Denver that teach History Edit
are you James Walsh?
A+

09/11/2014
good
HIST Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have taken every class this professor has taught in the History Department at UC Denver! Hands down best professor ever!

07/30/2013
good
HIST 3345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have taken every class that I can with Professor Walsh (3 classes...). I loved all of his classes and I truly admire his form of teaching. He was my first professor at UCD and as a history major, I have loved all of his classes. I will never forget the things I learned in his class.

07/30/2013
HIS 1362 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Didn't really learn anything. He lost all of my assignments. He is incompetent and his style of teaching is very ineffective.

05/16/2013
good
HIST Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

There is nothing I can say about this rockstar professor that my peers on the site have not already covered. Great Professor, and an even better human being.

05/14/2013
good
HIST 3345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Hands down the best professor at UCD.

01/29/2013
good
HIST0000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

As someone who hates history classes, I absolutely loved Walshs class!

12/10/2012
good
HIST3345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Walsh is one of the best profs at UCD! I was never bored in his Immigration and Ethnicity class. Highly recommend him! Though be prepared for discussions and to act out a play at the end of the semester. But it's not bad at all. And you will have only 3 TAKE HOME quizzes and one major project paper toward the end of the sem. Dr Walsh is amazing

12/09/2012
good
HIST3345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the best professors I have ever had. Definitely recommend.

08/13/2012
good
HIST1362 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Awesome professor! I highly recommend Dr Walsh. Definitely not your typical class.

06/16/2012
good
HIST1361 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Truly the Best Prof in UCD.

05/16/2012
good
HIST3349 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Dr Walsh is an awesome teacher. Definitely has his own style. You literally NEVER need to attend class because there are no quizzes or tests, only short papers based on the books you read. I still found myself going to class regularly though because he is such a good teacher and really passionate about the subject. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend!

02/29/2012
good
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Three years later, I'm still remembering and learning from the conversations I had in this classroom. Most beneficial non-major related class I've ever taken.

01/06/2012
HIST1362 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

James was a nice professor, but you better be ready to participate. He teaches in a very non traditional way that can sometimes be hard to understand and learn from. I learned almost nothing from the entire time I was in the class.

12/26/2011
good
HIST3601 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

What the future of education should be based on. Hands on learning. Be prepared to act in group and solo. Not as scary as it sounds and an EASY A from a Prof. who really cares. Best Prof. I had during my undergrad

07/07/2011
good
HIST3345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

For a class I was not interested in taking at all, Professor Walsh made it one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in college so far. I highly recommend him.

05/08/2011
good
HIST3OL Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Professor Walsh is the cat's pajamas, the bee's knees, the yoda of history. He cares about his students. He teaches using concepts and empathy instead of rote memorization. This class will stay with me. Thank you. *The class was online so I can't comment on whether he deserves a hot tamale.

01/18/2011
HIST3345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very nice man. I've taken a lot of online classes, but his is one of the first that not only was manageable, but that I looked forward to taking and learning. He made sure to have meet ups and was always available if you needed something.

11/17/2010
good
hist3345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is an awsum teacher..he is very easy

05/08/2010
good
HIST3345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

one of the most amazing people I have ever met. I almost cried on the last day of class. There are simply not enough words to tell you how incredible this man is.

05/07/2010
good
Hist3342 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great guy would def. take another class with him. He is one of the best teahcers I have ever had. Great teacher, great guy. Makes CU-Denver great