Roger Finlan at Grand Valley State University

Roger Finlan

Number of ratings 164 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/4/09

ed200

Best prof. i have ever had!!! he connects with each and every one of his students and truely cares. he is amazing and i wish that every future teacher could experience one of his classes. TAKE HIM if you can.

12/19/08

ED225

Prof Finlan is the best professor I've ever had. I had him for both ED 200 and ED 225. He cares greatly about his students, and has so many stories that add to the class. I learned so much from him.

12/12/08

ED200

Great Professor, very helpful and has a passion for what he is doing and his students. I would highly recommend everyone to get him as a professor if you can.

8/11/08

ed200

the best prof at gvsu by far. he is an amazing teacher and really cares about his students. if you get the chance to take him definetly do not let the opportunity pass by

1/22/08

ED200

Best prof so far. VERY nice man. He gives really useful advice for classroom use. Some feel they don't get much out of his class because he relies on personal accounts and stories rather than a textbook, but let me tell you, the knowledge I gained from him far surpasses anything I could have learned from a text book.

1/5/08

Ed225

Great prof. Very personable and caring. As long as you do the assignments you shouldn't have a problem passing the class. He doesn't even dock you down on points if you turn in an assignment late. Very knowledgable, and really cares about his students. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

12/25/07

eng221

An amazing teacher; you must take him for any education class you can! Make sure to read each novel assigned because you will be tested on both. Very personable man and cares about his students. Best teacher I have had at GVSU.

12/20/07

ED225

Best professor at GVSU. I took him for 220 and 225. He made me want to be a good teacher. His classes really enriched my life and I am so happy I had the opportunity to be in his classes. I feel like I am a more understanding person because of him!

12/19/07

ED200

Great prof. You can tell he actually cares about his students. Be sure to read the material assigned. Test can be difficult and you're required to score at least a 70% to pass the class.

12/7/07

ED200

YOU MUST TAKE PROFESSOR FINLAN. Best professor/teacher I have ever had. He takes time to get to know all of his students personally. I learned more about life than anything else in his class, but he has a lot to teach and is very smart. I have never had a professor that is easier to listen to.

7/19/07

ED200

A really great guy. Cares about his students. Loves to rant and hear his voice... sometimes went over, which wasn't great if you had a 6-9 downtown. Easy A if you actually try. Tests are actually a little difficult, so STUDY! Book use VERY limited, my advice is to share with someone in your class because it will be a waste to buy that thing!

5/27/07

Ed225

Take Professor Finlan!!! Best professor I have had at GVSU. Very helpful, works to get to know his students, every class is interesting, very understanding. I learned more things that I can apply in my life from him than the rest of the classes I have taken combined. No tests, just asks your opinons on things, lots of review assignments. Take him!!

4/22/07

ED200

Wow, Finlan really made a difference in my life. He really takes the time to get to know you as a person. This was teh only class that I looked forward to..and I am so sad that its over. Definetly take him if you can, it will definetly be worth your time, and you will learn a lot.

3/27/07

ed200

No other words but AMAZING teacher. He is the reason why I am still at gvsu, so I can have him for a few other ed classes. I never skipped/missed one of his classes because I LOVED GOING. He is the only class i've got an A in (shows how much i hate school) and I seriously love going to his class. TAKE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/16/07

Ed200

Amazing prof! VERY willing to help. Gets to know each student individually & actually wants each and every one to succeed. If u know u want to go into teaching, he will only get u even more excited & fired up about it. Has LOTS of experience & even if you're not sure you want to teach, he offers very helpful advice, etc. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

1/8/07

ED200

i had professor finlan for both ed 200 and ed 225, other than a couple repeat of stories i would take him for every class possible if i could. he is by far the best professor ive had here at grand valley and is the easiest person to talk to. he does what he can to make sure you get the best grade possible and his classes are the kind you never want

1/2/07

Ed200

Very Easy Prof and one of my fav teachers. I had him for both Ed 200 and Ed 225 He's amazing in both classes. You learn a lot. I took both classes this past semester and you hear the same stories in both classes, but other then that its fine. Make sure you go to class, does take attendance. Gives quizes over things talked about in class.GO TO CLASS

12/20/06

eD200

Probably one of my favorite proffs yet! He always had a good story to tell and you could tell he still has such a passion for teaching. I loved every minute!

11/13/06

10/23/06

Ed200

I had Professor Finlan for both Ed 200 and 225. What an awesome man! I have learned so much from him. He is very helpful, fun, and interesting. Take him :)

More Education professors at Grand Valley State University