Susan Mokhtari at California State University Stanislaus

Susan Mokhtari

Number of ratings 20 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/31/14

Phys 4510

Worst professor I've ever had. Lectures were unclear - she didn't write them. She couldn't explain things beyond the notes, pulled exam/homework questions off of qualifying exams for grad students. Couldn't justify grades given to students and often gave different grades to students with exact same work. Threw exams away to hide evidence.

10/24/13

Basic physics 1

Took class during summer. Great instructor, hard to understand sometimes with accent. Summer was just too short of a time to learn everything. Went too fast didnt seem to have enough time for all material.

5/20/13

PHYS 2100

SHE IS A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!! Just love her!! Kind, funny, and interesting!! Great teacher to take physics with!

7/29/12

Phys2100

I had her for basic physics 1 and 2. Very confusing. My first C ever. Better for the second semester but I think that was just the material. She makes it a big deal to do the problems from the book and they're nothing like the tests. Make sure you get to know her, you'll get a better grade if she knows your name.

12/12/11

PHYS2100

Nice lady, but she can be extremely confusing. If you do not have a good math background, you will definitely struggle. She takes short cuts when working out problems in class and leaves you wondering where the heck she got certain numbers from! Read the book, teach yourself.

12/1/11

Best teacher I've had

8/22/11

PHYS2100

Dr. Mokhtari was ALWAYS late to class but got annoyed with students who were also late. She was unorganized and spent half the class time making copies or finding materials she had misplaced

12/21/10

Phys2100

Dr. Mokhtari is so kind! She is such a caring teacher. I was initially terrified of physics, but now I actually really like the subject :). She is rated harshly on this site, and I think it's by people who didn't do well. She is a great teacher, assigns problems and solves them for us, gives pre tests, and answers your questions. Take Dr. Mokhtari:

12/18/10

PHYS2100

The people that give her a bad rating are probably the ones that aren't very good in math because if you do the problems in the book and review them they are the same ones on the test! I actually payed attention in her class because of the little stories she has and usually in a math class I tune out. She does what's best for us !!!!!

10/9/10

phys3080

I had her the first half of the summer and when she was teaching, I understood her.I am not that good in physics at all. It was the next teacher that took over I didnt do so well with! but overall I recievied a C because for her teaching.

5/30/10

MATH1080

Very kind teacher and wants her students to succeed, but she is confusing, all over the place, and hard to understand. She had to have retakes because she would make tests too hard and it was easier to learn from the textbook.

4/27/10

PHYSI01

She is by the wrost prof i have ever had. She grades by how much she likes you and not according to how much you actually know. If you want an A in her class make sure to kiss up 24/7. I actually failed her class even though I always had the highest scores in my other bio classes (barely ever got B's). So words of advice.if you're the kissing up

12/3/08

PHYS2100

I honestly do not know how someone can say her class is easy. I studied my ass off and I get really good grades in college, but this teacher is impossible!! I stressed the whole semester! We took 2 make-up exams because people were getting 20% on the exam!! It was horrible!

11/17/08

Phys2100

KINDEST, BEST PROF. EVER! She's wonderful. Does many examples and is very fair. Legitimately wants for her students to succeed and does everything in her power to help. IGNORE comments below that are critical of her. They're written by people who failed because they are extremely lazy, and now want to blame the professor for their poor performance.

3/16/08

PHYS2100

I love this lady! She's an awesome teacher.

9/2/06

Dr. Mukhtari Rocks :D

4/21/05

PhysLab1502

She was unclear and did not understand her instructions. she was also disorganized. I am glad to pass her class and not take her again

12/13/04

Phys 2100

Dr. Mokhtari is a wonderful teacher. I love all the examples that she gives us in class. She goes over all the homework and makes sure that we know how to do the homework. If you study the homework and the examples in the book, the tests are a breeze.

2/18/04

PHYS 2250

Rater Interest

she needs to teach upper-division and graduate-level theoretical physics, and stay away from lower-division undergraduates. she does try... she just can't make things clear to beginners, even to those planning on majoring in physics.

12/3/03

PHYS 2100

Rater Interest

Great class. I've learned a lot. She has an accent, but it isn't bad at all. She is very clear. Dr. Mokhtari does everything in her power to make sure we get the best grades possible. She always goes over problems and makes sure we know how to do it.

More Physics professors at California State University Stanislaus