in California State University Stanislaus that teach Physics Edit

03/31/2014
Phys 4510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Worst professor I've ever had. Lectures were unclear - she didn't write them. She couldn't explain things beyond the notes, pulled exam/homework questions off of qualifying exams for grad students. Couldn't justify grades given to students and often gave different grades to students with exact same work. Threw exams away to hide evidence.

10/24/2013
good
Basic physics 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took class during summer. Great instructor, hard to understand sometimes with accent. Summer was just too short of a time to learn everything. Went too fast didnt seem to have enough time for all material.

05/20/2013
good
PHYS 2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

SHE IS A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!! Just love her!! Kind, funny, and interesting!! Great teacher to take physics with!

07/29/2012
Phys2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I had her for basic physics 1 and 2. Very confusing. My first C ever. Better for the second semester but I think that was just the material. She makes it a big deal to do the problems from the book and they're nothing like the tests. Make sure you get to know her, you'll get a better grade if she knows your name.

12/12/2011
PHYS2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Nice lady, but she can be extremely confusing. If you do not have a good math background, you will definitely struggle. She takes short cuts when working out problems in class and leaves you wondering where the heck she got certain numbers from! Read the book, teach yourself.

12/01/2011
good
PHYS2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher I've had

08/22/2011
PHYS2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Mokhtari was ALWAYS late to class but got annoyed with students who were also late. She was unorganized and spent half the class time making copies or finding materials she had misplaced

12/21/2010
good
Phys2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Mokhtari is so kind! She is such a caring teacher. I was initially terrified of physics, but now I actually really like the subject :). She is rated harshly on this site, and I think it's by people who didn't do well. She is a great teacher, assigns problems and solves them for us, gives pre tests, and answers your questions. Take Dr. Mokhtari:

12/18/2010
good

The people that give her a bad rating are probably the ones that aren't very good in math because if you do the problems in the book and review them they are the same ones on the test! I actually payed attention in her class because of the little stories she has and usually in a math class I tune out. She does what's best for us !!!!!

10/09/2010
good
phys3080 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I had her the first half of the summer and when she was teaching, I understood her.I am not that good in physics at all. It was the next teacher that took over I didnt do so well with! but overall I recievied a C because for her teaching.