in University of Regina that teach Fine Arts Edit
at University of Regina, Regina, SK
are you David Garneau?

04/08/2014
good
Art 330 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Best professor I have had to this date. Very knowledgeable and helpful. I enjoyed going to his class because I grew as an artist. His assignments opened new doors for me.

12/29/2013
good
Art 230 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

David always talks about what students are doing well, but he's a hard marker. He did a lot of critiques, had us try many new drawing techniques, always explained assignments clearly, and as long as we put in good time and effort he was always delighted with everyone's work. Good class to take if you want to expand your basic skills.

07/02/2013
good
Art 440 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

David is a fantastic studio professor. His comments make you think, and he's very open minded towards chosen subject matter. He likes to see that you've done research on your topic, but he is very helpful in regards to critique. Highly recommended.

01/24/2013
good
ARTH100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He definitely has very set ways, in the way he views art and the art world. But it was a very enlightening class and I learned a hell of a lot in it. In his intro to art class he definitely didn't hold back which I thought was refreshing and the way he interacts with the class is great too.

11/25/2012
ART330 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Garneau stubbornly maintains a very rigid definition of "good art." The man is so assured of the flawlessness of his own criteria for grading art that he refuses to listen to anything his students say. Any conversation with Garneau turns into a condescending oration. Good luck getting a word in edgewise.

07/03/2012
good
Art100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Funny teacher. He is very smart and knows what he is talking about. He will gladly speak with you to clarify anything. The class itself is difficult but Garneau does his best to teach it. Don't skip, you can easily miss something that will be worth tons on the midterm and final. Doesn't post notes.

04/23/2012
good
ART100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Did not buy the textbook and had no problems. He was nice enough to allow me to rewrite my art review because I did it incorrectly. Very helpful when it came to the midterm and the final with very clear outlines. Sorry to say, I am still not an art fan.

12/27/2011
Art100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I know people who dropped this class immediately because they found David "arrogant." David is incredibly intelligent, very well versed in the art world, and really funny. I ended up with a 97 on the term paper and an 80 in the overall class just by listening to what he said in class. I really reccomend his Art 100 class!

12/13/2011
good
ART100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Learned a lot from this prof. I loved going to the lectures, he was really funny and made class interesting. You'll never see him wear anything other than black. Found my $200 textbook completely useless though. Final and midterm were a lot harder than expected! Group work and review are easy. Recommended! You will learn a lot from him.

11/15/2011
good

The only reason I took this class was so I could take sculpting next semester, but I found he had many interesting things to say. People who have a problem with his humor need to remove a certain stick from somewhere. Didn't really look forward to the lectures, but that may be because they were on T and R. Good class, I just wasn't interested