in Anne Arundel Community College that teach Computer Science Edit
Professor in the Computer Science department
at Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold, MD
are you Joselle Gatrell?

10/15/2014
CSI 112 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD
"Assignments galore" "Lectures are long" "Tests are tough"

Way to much work!!!!

12/23/2013
CSI 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

The class taught us how to use the Windows computer so if you are an apple person this class is a waste of time. heavy workload and very unorganized jumping from book to multiple websites.

05/16/2013
CSI112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This class was so useless, but everyone had to take it. Prof Gatrell is unhelpful and boring, but a nice enough person. She gives you a ton of mindless work. She does grade things quickly and shows you how to keep track of your grade though. The exams were impossible, even though she had a practice exam available.

05/14/2013
good
CSI 112 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Take her class online, it is super easy. I got A+ in her class and she was very helpful and always replied to questions in within few minutes or an hour. She does give much work but it's fairly easy, you get one week to do few tutorials online and answer some questions based on them. Practice midterm and final before exams, she's very nice overall!

07/09/2012
good
CSI112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Crisp, prepared, and...very professional, but quite likable nevertheless. My only complaint would have to be the excessive workload. My shoddy attendance and refusal to do multiple class projects earned me my D. Good professor overall.

06/09/2011
good
COMP111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

From what I've heard, the workload she gives for this class is much more than other teachers. She's very nice and helpful. It takes a lot of time and effort to get the grade in this class, and if you're not already a computer wiz you will need to work extra hard to memorize vocab. Also, Microsoft Access is awful.

11/18/2010
good
CSI112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Professor Gatrell set up Grand Achiever Assignments that helped the class can't a view of what you'll be doing in the real world. For example, using Excel to make a spreadsheet in order to create a personal budget.

07/23/2010
good
CSI112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took Professor Gatrell class online and it pretty good. She is very understandable when you have to turn sometime in late and she gives you all semester to turn in any assignments you missed. I actually did better than i thought I would and got a B. So my suggestion would be to take the class online.

12/08/2009
CSI112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

such a boring teacher.when we had lecture days everybody would fall asleep. thinks everyone doesn't know how to use a computer so we learn boring basic things. the labs are so dumb and long.

11/16/2009
CSI112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Boring lectures. After students complained, she made ALL the students present part of the lecture each week. I had to withdraw as this was too stressful for me to present in the front of the class. Assignments were confusing as you had to move back and forth from her notes to the book's assignments. I use computers daily should have breezed through

05/14/2009
good

She is a fabulous teacher who inspired me.I was computer illiterate before the class. She gave me the confidence to succeed in her class. I did not have to get on her good side, I simply took responsibility for my education and completed ALL assignments. She is very approachable and will go the extra mile for her students. I recommend her class.

04/28/2009
good
csi112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Wish attendance wasn't mandatory, the lectures are so insanely dull if you know anything about computers. The lab assignments aren't bad because you can work at your own pace and finish them early. She's a nice person if you are studious, but I feel like a lot of the assignments were stupid pointless busy work.

12/13/2008
CSI112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

some what nice. started the year teaching staright from overhead but changed teaching ways by end of semester. shes nice just get on her good side. i would take her class again.

02/03/2008
csi112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

mrs.Gatrell was nice. all you have to do is get on her good side. just talk to her about the work and you should do fine. The labs may be boring but are very easy if you just read the text.

11/21/2007
good
csi112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

prof. gatrell is a good teacher, she knows her stuff. the lectures are absolutely boring and the labs are kinda extensive. shes very understanding and allows you to turn in late work. i would recommend her

10/30/2007
comp113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

the stuff she taught us was worthless. she had us do stupid projects that didnt help us understand computers and the whole semester was wasted on "team-building" exercises. she treated us like children and acted like we didnt know anything about computers...such as how to turn them on.

10/11/2007
csi113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Her class is pointless..she made us write a mini book on our book and it didnt help at all

09/27/2007
CSI113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Gatrell likes to try new things with the whole class without really knowing where it's going to end. She knows her stuff, for the most part. She is hard of hearing. Get on her good side in the beginning. She's not afraid of telling you how she feels about you or your work. Be punctual, email her about concerns, and pay attention.

01/02/2006
good
csi 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Lectures we're incredibly boring but you can't beat the easiness of fill in the blank notes. The labs are all step by step but if you make one little mistake you will be marked down. This class is a lot of work but she accepts late work for the most part so I would recommend her.

11/18/2005
good
CSI 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have been impressed with this class and this this teacher. It's a lot of work, but Ms. Gatrell is serious about the class. She has also been very helpful to me and the other students. I'd recommend her.