Dale Croes at South Puget Sound Community College

Number of ratings 39 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

1/2/14

ANTH210

Grade ReceivedA+

Professor Dale is a wonderful teacher!very enthusiastic about his work and makes things interesting for everyone. he devotes a lot of attention to the class and in shows in his students comprehension and appreciation of the material. note that sometimes assignments from the last class are not removed by the first day of class.

6/9/13

ANTH204

Where do I even begin? Prof. Croes liked me (a 17 year old girl) a little too much. I almost filed a report. His assignments were unclear, and I basically learned nothing. Super easy A. The only reason to come to class is because he takes attendance. Unless you have a ton of patience and are interested in the field, stay away.

6/7/13

Archaeology

Great professor! He's a really nice guy who's so enthusiastic about what he does. Fun class, I only took it because it was at the right time and the professor reviews were good, but I had no idea that I enjoy archaeology! Very fun, take his class!

2/27/13

Anth 201

Great teacher! Enjoyed his class very much. There is a lot of reading and at first I was going to drop the class. I am so glad I did not as I learned a lot. I was ultimately surprises how interesting the class was. Do your homework and you will do fine.

5/28/12

ANTH100

Very nice and easy to work with. My favorite teacher ever.

1/9/12

ANTHall

This guy seriously changed my life. He really believes in potential of students and their ability to learn new things and to change the science with them. He is one of the Northwest's most accomplished and knowledgeable archaeologists. It's also refreshing to meet a teacher who is technically a "scientist" who cares about belief and spirituality.

11/11/11

ANTH204

HORRIBLE TEACHER. He is nice as a teacher and the class is an easy A as long as you do the work, but he teaches you almost nothing. ALL homework is done in large groups. You have group presentations EVERY week. And NOBODY EVER understands ANY of his assignments. He is friendly but I would never take another class from him. NOBODY in my class would.

6/14/10

PACNWIND

Online Pacific Northwest Natives class. Lectures are written up kind of weird, but that's mostly thanks to the "angel" website. You'll get used to it fast if you try. Croes' enthusiasm actually reached through a computer screen and that is amazing. Weekly assignments were class discussion. Two 5-page papers. You get what you put into this class!

6/9/10

ANTH206

I took an online class- it required alot of reading and writing but the grading was easy. If you did the assignment on time you got full points. The lectures were laid out strange and hard to understand but the texts were pretty interesting.

5/16/10

ANTH101

Prof. Croes is an extremely good professor. He is a working anthropologist which helps to enhance the class. He constantly makes himself laugh, which in turn makes everyone else laugh as well. Very supportive. Lecture based with great hands on opportunities. Easy A, but you still learn ALOT. changin my major because of this class.

3/27/10

Anth206

Online class requires fairly large amount of writing, but if you do it, & make an honest effort, you will likely do well. Dr. Croes does not so much grade as cheerlead, and he's almost too appreciative of student effort (as opposed to actual quality of work), but you can't fault his enthusiasm, or his ability to bring out the best in his students.

3/27/10

Anth206

Good teacher. Is really passionate about what he is teaching. Grading (for me) was always 100% credit. I would take him again.

12/2/08

ANTH101

A little weird, often forgets the lesson he's trying to teach and starts telling stories instead.

5/14/08

ANTH100

He is one of the nicest, most helpful teachers I have ever had. If you are looking for a simple class, this is an easy A. However, he is excellent at seeing which students are actually interested in anthropology and is very helpful if you want to know more. He is super-intelligent, funny and provides wonderful opportunities to get involved.

2/2/08

ANTHmany

Professional and personable, I learned more about anthropology than I thought possible. If you're really interested in archaeology take his classes-he's one of the best!

2/28/06

manyanthcl-asses

This guy is so great I took 4 classes from him! I am now even considering a field into archaeology! He is simply amazing!

11/28/05

ANTHRO 101 & 10

Such a great teacher I decided to take him again. He's helpful, nice and more than willing to discuss every thing on his tests. Great guy, I would definately take again.

10/7/05

Anthropology

9/23/05

ANTH NWCPPP ARC

ONE OF THE BEST TEACHERS I HAVE EVER HAD! Very helpful, friendly, and love his jokes. His summer dig class is simply amazing! I think I will take it again maybe? AMAZING!

9/10/05

Anth

Nice easy going guy but the class is torture. He constantly calls on people and asks them random question that he never even went over. He gets sidetracked all the time talking about what he likes to do outside of class.

More Anthropology professors at South Puget Sound Community College