in South Puget Sound Community College that teach Anthropology Edit
are you Dale Croes?
A+

01/02/2014
good
ANTH210 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+

Professor Dale is a wonderful teacher!very enthusiastic about his work and makes things interesting for everyone. he devotes a lot of attention to the class and in shows in his students comprehension and appreciation of the material. note that sometimes assignments from the last class are not removed by the first day of class.

06/09/2013
ANTH204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Where do I even begin? Prof. Croes liked me (a 17 year old girl) a little too much. I almost filed a report. His assignments were unclear, and I basically learned nothing. Super easy A. The only reason to come to class is because he takes attendance. Unless you have a ton of patience and are interested in the field, stay away.

06/07/2013
good
Archaeology Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great professor! He's a really nice guy who's so enthusiastic about what he does. Fun class, I only took it because it was at the right time and the professor reviews were good, but I had no idea that I enjoy archaeology! Very fun, take his class!

02/27/2013
good
Anth 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher! Enjoyed his class very much. There is a lot of reading and at first I was going to drop the class. I am so glad I did not as I learned a lot. I was ultimately surprises how interesting the class was. Do your homework and you will do fine.

05/28/2012
good
ANTH100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very nice and easy to work with. My favorite teacher ever.

01/09/2012
good
ANTHall Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This guy seriously changed my life. He really believes in potential of students and their ability to learn new things and to change the science with them. He is one of the Northwest's most accomplished and knowledgeable archaeologists. It's also refreshing to meet a teacher who is technically a "scientist" who cares about belief and spirituality.

11/11/2011
ANTH204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

HORRIBLE TEACHER. He is nice as a teacher and the class is an easy A as long as you do the work, but he teaches you almost nothing. ALL homework is done in large groups. You have group presentations EVERY week. And NOBODY EVER understands ANY of his assignments. He is friendly but I would never take another class from him. NOBODY in my class would.

06/14/2010
good
PACNWIND Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Online Pacific Northwest Natives class. Lectures are written up kind of weird, but that's mostly thanks to the "angel" website. You'll get used to it fast if you try. Croes' enthusiasm actually reached through a computer screen and that is amazing. Weekly assignments were class discussion. Two 5-page papers. You get what you put into this class!

06/09/2010
good
ANTH206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took an online class- it required alot of reading and writing but the grading was easy. If you did the assignment on time you got full points. The lectures were laid out strange and hard to understand but the texts were pretty interesting.

05/16/2010
good
ANTH101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Croes is an extremely good professor. He is a working anthropologist which helps to enhance the class. He constantly makes himself laugh, which in turn makes everyone else laugh as well. Very supportive. Lecture based with great hands on opportunities. Easy A, but you still learn ALOT. changin my major because of this class.

03/27/2010
Anth206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Online class requires fairly large amount of writing, but if you do it, & make an honest effort, you will likely do well. Dr. Croes does not so much grade as cheerlead, and he's almost too appreciative of student effort (as opposed to actual quality of work), but you can't fault his enthusiasm, or his ability to bring out the best in his students.

03/27/2010
good
Anth206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Good teacher. Is really passionate about what he is teaching. Grading (for me) was always 100% credit. I would take him again.

12/02/2008
good
ANTH101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

A little weird, often forgets the lesson he's trying to teach and starts telling stories instead.

05/14/2008
good
ANTH100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is one of the nicest, most helpful teachers I have ever had. If you are looking for a simple class, this is an easy A. However, he is excellent at seeing which students are actually interested in anthropology and is very helpful if you want to know more. He is super-intelligent, funny and provides wonderful opportunities to get involved.

02/02/2008
good
ANTHmany Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professional and personable, I learned more about anthropology than I thought possible. If you're really interested in archaeology take his classes-he's one of the best!

02/28/2006
good
manyanthclasses Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This guy is so great I took 4 classes from him! I am now even considering a field into archaeology! He is simply amazing!

11/28/2005
good
ANTHRO 101 & 10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Such a great teacher I decided to take him again. He's helpful, nice and more than willing to discuss every thing on his tests. Great guy, I would definately take again.

10/07/2005
good
Anthropology Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

09/23/2005
good
ANTH NWCPPP ARC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

ONE OF THE BEST TEACHERS I HAVE EVER HAD! Very helpful, friendly, and love his jokes. His summer dig class is simply amazing! I think I will take it again maybe? AMAZING!

09/10/2005
Anth Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Nice easy going guy but the class is torture. He constantly calls on people and asks them random question that he never even went over. He gets sidetracked all the time talking about what he likes to do outside of class.