in University of California San Diego that teach Fine Arts Edit
at University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA
are you Norman Bryson?

03/20/2014
good
vis 124bn Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I am sure he is a very good professor. I like him, but his accent is too strong for me.......

01/08/2014
good
VIS 22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love his enthusiasm and sometimes he goes a bit fast. The grading really depends on your TA. The TAs make the test and grade them. He makes the material interesting but the readings are a lot of work.

08/18/2013
good
VIS 22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful professor; very intelligent and witty. I enjoyed his lectures. Unfortunately, I had a terrible T.A. who made the material more difficult than it was and never gave a clear answer.

02/27/2013
good
VIS22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Professor Bryson is very sweet and entertaining, but the course itself was disorganized and stressful. I had to take a "W" because I couldn't analyze art correctly. Very difficult with no art experience. The class is informative, but (as an art history class) a bad decision to take as a GE.

05/23/2012
good
vis22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesomely entertaining, intellectual and SO insightful. Was feeling bad about where i was in my life and this course made it all worthwhile. First because it helped me understand life, second because it was such a fun class and I am so grateful to be here to take it!

12/05/2011
good
VIS22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hands down, best professor I've ever had at UCSD. He's so awesomely quirky and British and eloquent and he really makes coming to class worthwhile. Highly recommended!

12/02/2011
good
VIS22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Best art history professor. Funny and engaging, go to lecture and take notes and you will pass.

03/10/2011
good
VIS22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Norman Bryson is absolutely amazing. I've never had a professor as engaging as him. Love his awesome accent and swag as well.

12/02/2010
good
VIS22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Cannot recommend him enough! A very engaging speaker. He definitely knows what he's talking about and knows how to explain the harder-to-understand concepts. It's a little hard to keep up with reading all the articles for the class, but honestly I thought it was a great class regardless.

10/15/2010
good
vis127n Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

awesome teacher!!!! i plan on sitting in on his lectures as often as possible!!!

06/07/2010
good
VIS128C Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Lectures were great but class seemed disorganized with 80% of test resting on a final in which the TA announced, one hour into it, that it would end one hour before the listed time.Typical of the sloppiness in this class and not like his other classes.

03/14/2010
good
vis127n Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great public speaker, so engaging. Test was fairly easy if you go to lecture and read the assigned readings (all online, no textbook.) No papers, interesting class. Will definitely be taking his classes in the future.

03/13/2010
good
vis127n Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I have taken both Chinese and Japanese history courses at UCSD, and I can confidently say that Bryson made both histories far more enjoyable than my history professors did in the past. The midterm and final are representative of the course material, AND you get a study guide. It's IMPOSSIBLE to fail.

02/12/2010
good
VIS127N Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is so amazing. He is like an actor on a stage! He has the greatest british accent, his voice is magical! I am in love with him! He explains things so well and accurately and there are podcasts for each class! He is the greatest teacher!!! I want him to teach more!

12/28/2009
good
VIS22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Really good professor - sometimes it seems as though everything he says is important so it's hard to know what to take notes on, grading depends on TA, easy 1 midterm, 1 final - all prompts given before hand so outline them before, readings all online but not necessary to getting a good grade in the class. I recommend taking, easy GE to get A in

08/09/2009
good
VIS127N Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Really interesting

12/23/2008

Great professor...I am an art minor and I really enjoyed this class. He knows what he's talking about and my TA was really nice/helpful.We were informed about what would be on the exams which consisted of essays. I could have gotten an A but i messed up on my midterm. Overall Prof. Bryson for art if you can

12/20/2008
good
VIS22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great professor. He keeps lectures interesting and he knows what he's talking about. Can be hard to keep up sometimes, but the podcasts help. He thoroughly goes over exams before, so you know what's on them. I loved this class and loved going to lectures...and I'm a Bio major!

12/17/2008
vis22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I'm an art minor so I'm VERY interested in art. His class though was THE MOST BORING class I have ever had. I would fight so hard to stay awake almost every day. His tests were reasonable though. Long three hour exams, but you can have a lot to say about the questions asked. His British accent sometimes made it hard to understand.

12/12/2008
good
VIS22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I could not keep up with him during lecture and thankfully he podcasts his lectures so I could go back and pause when I needed to and catch up on what I missed (mostly everything). He really knows what he is teaching but some people can understand him and others just can't make sense of what he is saying.