Daniel Chess at Hunter College

Number of ratings 59 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

2/16/14

MAT126

Grade ReceivedB

This is an online course and He just sent homeworks and wanted to solve questions which you haven't any idea how to solve them. I went to the teacher 2 times but not helpful. He is very clever but I think haven't teaching skills. AVOID him better for you don't take MAT126

8/31/13

CALC 150

Unclear lectures. Poor hygiene. Answers with an attitude. The only thing I respected about this professor is if you complete and understand the online homework, you will pass his exams. I said pass not ACE!

1/26/13

Preca150

I had Chess back in 2002 and 2003. I felt he was wonderful. I took cal with bendersky and that was horrible...i then took it with Chess and got a B+. so i got an A+in lab, A- in precal and B+ in cal all with chess..i dont care about his attire, bottom line is he is arguably the most brilliant person I have ever met..go to office hours yo

12/2/08

MATH126

Extremely weird guy. He has health problems that have impacted his ability to speak clearly, and he's also a grump. I wouldn't recommend him. He misses class a lot without warning.

5/28/08

Math125

In my opinion, if you don't listen to Prof. Chess but pay too much attention to his attire or his hand writing, you'll never get the subject. People tend to waste time on trivial things in his class. His explanations were very insightful and I learnt a lot about calculus from this guy. He can be a duck but I can still learn great deal from his mind

4/9/08

Math150

He was relieved of teaching halfway through the semester... what does that tell you?

12/18/07

Math125

His class is a misfortune. He is rude, nasty, petulant, unhealthy and completely incapable of performing even at a rudimentary level. He tends to grade high (probably to keep his job.) It's not worth it, however. He quoted Brecht once; that was cool.

9/4/07

MATH155

You decide - if u gotta take other math classes after - don't take him. Math155 was the last math class I had to take, so I was happy to be in this class - he doesn't fail anyone, I skipped most classes, showed up on exams only and got a good grade.

8/29/07

MATH125

I walked out an hour n a half early on the first day of class. One student got fed up and grabbed the chalk from him to correct a mistake he made and didn't understand. I think I'd rather have a student teach.

7/20/07

MATH155

Prof. Chess really did not seem to be making an effort with this class. He missed lots of classes, made lots of mistakes with the lectures, and generally seemed too sleepy and unfocused to really engage with us. If I had skipped the classes and spent my time studying the textbook, I would have been a lot better off.

5/10/07

MATH102

He very often will make arithmetic errors which will leave you easily lost.

5/8/07

math260

simply.......don't take his course!! You just waste your time! learn nothing! The only I have to admit is that he fails nobody.

5/8/07

3/9/07

math155

2/13/07

Math155

11/15/06

math125

A horrible professor. You can tell he is brilliant but it doesn't mean he can teach. Coming into class at 7:30 in the evening to listen to him blab about the subject and not even make sense is not where you want to spend your money. Piece of advise, take this class with another prof. I pretty much paid $750 to teach myself out of the book.

11/11/06

MATH125

Please be advised, unless you want to study on your own, I recommend taking this course with another prof. Very frustrating, simple mathmatical errors by him lost the confidence of the class. Does not want to answer homework questions, let alone want to "be there", yet evening students tired after a day of work make the effort to TRY.

5/19/06

oh wow. there's a lot to be said about this one. This guy is a math genious, but he is kinda weird. I had him for math lab and he was very lenient with grading because he hated the commands in the program. he looks like a hippie, and stinks badly. you can see his nipples sticking out of holes in his shirts, and that is very distracting. so u decide

5/11/06

math260

he talks to the board and you only see his butt half the time, very boring lecture and make material uninteresting.

4/27/06

Calc 155

Everyone else said all the bad things about him which I completely agree with. Mathimatica and Calc 2 should NOT be put together. However, his exams are open book, and 6 out of the 8 questions were hw questions and 1 of the remaining 2 was an example from a chapter in the book. So that was good

More Mathematics professors at Hunter College