in Lone Star College (all) that teach Philosophy Edit
Jason Moulenbelt
Professor in the Philosophy department
at Lone Star College (all), Houston, TX
are you Jason Moulenbelt?
D

12/16/2014
PHIL 2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Get ready to read" "Tough Grader"

This professor has been the worst professor of my entire college career. I would not recommend this professor to anyone. He does not help you or respond in a timely manner, but when he does respond after you've sent 3 emails. He is VERY rude. Extremely hard grader. A lot of reading. No multiple choices. Strictly reading and writing. STAY AWAY!

12/06/2014
PHIL 1301 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Get ready to read"

Not sure about taking in person, but as far as online, Absolutely horrible! I only tried to email him 3 times the entire semester, and never once got a response. I was only asking about grades not being updated on the course site, too, not even about questions in class! Good luck, to those who ever attempt to actually ask him a question.

11/22/2014
good
PHIL 1301 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Amazing lectures" "Get ready to read" "Respected by students"

Best Professor I have ever had! I was not excited to take a Philosophy class, but I am SO glad I did with him. The subject matter itself is challenging but he really puts everything into perspective and makes you work for your grades. He's also very understanding, hilarious, and extremely honest. I wish he taught more courses on my degree plan!

05/10/2014
good
Phil 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a funny guy and the class is hard but if you do the work you can make the A. it is a hard class but fair! I recommend him

05/06/2014
good
PHIL 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is very loud and blunt, but he is very helpful as long as he sees that you are trying in his class and doing the work. It is a lot of work to get an A but it is VERY possible. All of his tests are take home/online and as long as you keep up with the journals you'll be fine. I would recommend him, very entertaining!

01/07/2014
good
PHIL 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Everyone told me this class was going to be difficult. But I kept waiting for it to get hard because it never did... Tests are pretty alright. This guy's hilarious, and he would poke fun on me which I thought was funny. He can sometimes confuse you, but he tries to get his point across. I mean philosophy IS kinda confusing. Just READ. Easy class!!!

12/09/2013
phil Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He goes out of his way to insult everyone and he thinks it is funny. well it is not funny! and I do not know what it had to do with the class! he is not fair with your grade either. this class really made me sad.

11/23/2013
Phil 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is not respectful to all views. he is a very hard grader and not understanding. I would not recommend

11/21/2013

He is a very good teacher. He likes to get off subject and go out on a tangent often however. If you show up daily and try he has no problem with clarifying material and making sure you do your best. It's philosophy so it's tough material but he makes it very fun and interesting in his lectures. I recommend him.

11/18/2013
good
PHIL 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Moulenbelt's probably the best professor there is. He's seriously hilarious, but he does get off track sometimes. The only thing that bugs me is that he has typos on his tests/quizzes! Anyway, his tests aren't difficult as I thought they would be. Basically, don't memorize anything. Simply LEARN and apply your knowledge to his scenarios. E-A-S-Y.

10/21/2013
phil 2306 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very difficult grader. He is interesting and I really enjoy the topics of discussion, but you must study hard! I am a straight A student and I work my butt off in this class- I am still failing. He is a good teacher, but do not expect mercy when it comes to your grade.

07/10/2013

Tough on grading

11/29/2012
good
PHIL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Good prof, he is a little goofy and gets distracted but in the end he'll get his message across. Everything is easy except for the tests. The way he put it to my class was that we like to shoot out facts and except to get a good grade, well he wears a fact proof vest and excepts you to really KNOW what you are talking about, that's the key for an A

11/17/2012
good
phil1304 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

his lectures are really attention grabbing, he curses alot though but i think it makes it easier to understand because it makes intro to world religions interesting. doesn't care is you show up, its your grade. USES THE BOOK ALOT. two texts with reading journal due and 2 quizzes to take. tests are not bad if u study.

06/02/2012
good
Phil1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Moulenbelt demands you do your best and think for yourself. He challenges you but for your own good. I can honestly say that his class was the best one I've ever taken. Plus he makes me laugh and is a pleasure to watch in action. Highly recommend!

05/14/2012
phil1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Do not take Moulenbelt, he is a funny guy for sure & makes his class interesting but he screws you over in the end. He tells his students that he encourages colluding or group assignments but doesn't clearify what things should be discussed and not discussed with others. Don't work on groups for the "take home tests" because he will fail you.

05/05/2012
PHIL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Decent online class. If you take good notes and read what is assigned you should do fine. He is not great at clarifying what he wants via email and some of the quiz/test questions are worded poorly. Pretty average class overall.

12/19/2011
good
phil1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This is the most incredible teacher you will ever meet! Sure the tests are challenging, but this is philosophy people. It is a hard class to teach. You will love his lectures, hilarious guy and cares about his students if you get to know him. He went above and beyond to help me with life out side of class as well. He is one of a kind!

12/14/2011
good
PHIL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

AWESOME TEACHER & CLASS! I forgot he was a teacher sometimes because he should really be a comedian. SOOOO interesting, it will blow your mind, literally!

11/07/2011
good
Phil1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Love this teacher! I learned so much from him I really have a different way of thinking. He makes you think and really takes your beyond. Great teacher. Very fun and lectures are easy to understand. BUT you will have to do a lot of reading, a lot of thinking (might cause headaches), journals & quizzes.