Jason Moulenbelt at Lone Star College (all)

Jason Moulenbelt

Number of ratings 91 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/10/14

Phil 1301

He is a funny guy and the class is hard but if you do the work you can make the A. it is a hard class but fair! I recommend him

5/6/14

PHIL 1301

He is very loud and blunt, but he is very helpful as long as he sees that you are trying in his class and doing the work. It is a lot of work to get an A but it is VERY possible. All of his tests are take home/online and as long as you keep up with the journals you'll be fine. I would recommend him, very entertaining!

1/7/14

PHIL 1301

Everyone told me this class was going to be difficult. But I kept waiting for it to get hard because it never did... Tests are pretty alright. This guy's hilarious, and he would poke fun on me which I thought was funny. He can sometimes confuse you, but he tries to get his point across. I mean philosophy IS kinda confusing. Just READ. Easy class!!!

12/9/13

phil

He goes out of his way to insult everyone and he thinks it is funny. well it is not funny! and I do not know what it had to do with the class! he is not fair with your grade either. this class really made me sad.

11/23/13

Phil 1301

He is not respectful to all views. he is a very hard grader and not understanding. I would not recommend

11/21/13

PHIL 1301

He is a very good teacher. He likes to get off subject and go out on a tangent often however. If you show up daily and try he has no problem with clarifying material and making sure you do your best. It's philosophy so it's tough material but he makes it very fun and interesting in his lectures. I recommend him.

11/18/13

PHIL 1301

Moulenbelt's probably the best professor there is. He's seriously hilarious, but he does get off track sometimes. The only thing that bugs me is that he has typos on his tests/quizzes! Anyway, his tests aren't difficult as I thought they would be. Basically, don't memorize anything. Simply LEARN and apply your knowledge to his scenarios. E-A-S-Y.

10/21/13

phil 2306

Very difficult grader. He is interesting and I really enjoy the topics of discussion, but you must study hard! I am a straight A student and I work my butt off in this class- I am still failing. He is a good teacher, but do not expect mercy when it comes to your grade.

7/10/13

PHIL 2306

Tough on grading

11/29/12

PHIL1301

Good prof, he is a little goofy and gets distracted but in the end he'll get his message across. Everything is easy except for the tests. The way he put it to my class was that we like to shoot out facts and except to get a good grade, well he wears a fact proof vest and excepts you to really KNOW what you are talking about, that's the key for an A

11/17/12

phil1304

his lectures are really attention grabbing, he curses alot though but i think it makes it easier to understand because it makes intro to world religions interesting. doesn't care is you show up, its your grade. USES THE BOOK ALOT. two texts with reading journal due and 2 quizzes to take. tests are not bad if u study.

6/2/12

Phil1301

Professor Moulenbelt demands you do your best and think for yourself. He challenges you but for your own good. I can honestly say that his class was the best one I've ever taken. Plus he makes me laugh and is a pleasure to watch in action. Highly recommend!

5/14/12

phil1301

Do not take Moulenbelt, he is a funny guy for sure & makes his class interesting but he screws you over in the end. He tells his students that he encourages colluding or group assignments but doesn't clearify what things should be discussed and not discussed with others. Don't work on groups for the "take home tests" because he will fail you.

5/5/12

PHIL1301

Decent online class. If you take good notes and read what is assigned you should do fine. He is not great at clarifying what he wants via email and some of the quiz/test questions are worded poorly. Pretty average class overall.

12/19/11

phil1301

This is the most incredible teacher you will ever meet! Sure the tests are challenging, but this is philosophy people. It is a hard class to teach. You will love his lectures, hilarious guy and cares about his students if you get to know him. He went above and beyond to help me with life out side of class as well. He is one of a kind!

12/14/11

PHIL1301

AWESOME TEACHER & CLASS! I forgot he was a teacher sometimes because he should really be a comedian. SOOOO interesting, it will blow your mind, literally!

11/7/11

Phil1301

Love this teacher! I learned so much from him I really have a different way of thinking. He makes you think and really takes your beyond. Great teacher. Very fun and lectures are easy to understand. BUT you will have to do a lot of reading, a lot of thinking (might cause headaches), journals & quizzes.

7/13/11

PHIL1301

This is my second time taking his class. FUNNY AND INTERESTING TEACHER, attendance is mandatory if you want to make a good grade on tests. Not a boring class at all. not an easy class but he is a very good teacher and i would recomend him to anyone. TAKE HIS CLASS!

6/3/11

Phil2301

this class is very hard with alot of work. we spend the whole class joking around rather than focusing on the lesson. it is a fun class that i looked forward to going to but if u are serious about learning then dont take him, but he will make u laugh

4/14/11

intro1301

He is funny and his lectures are extremely interesting. He has made me reflect on my whole life. I thoroughly enjoy going to class, but his class is difficult. He has journals due every class. You HAVE to read the book, if you don't you will not pass. It really helps to record the lectures and listen to them a few times. The tests are difficult!

More Philosophy professors at Lone Star College (all)