in Marymount California University that teach History Edit
Roseanne Desilets
Professor in the History department
at Marymount California University, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
are you Roseanne Desilets?

03/02/2012
good
HIST215 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Desilets was an incredibly difficult teacher and grader. However, she puts out the requirements and does not let you lax, which is much appreciated when prepping for courses in London (History of England). Because of her class I found the midterm and final structure at Regent's College to be much easier. I respect her as a Prof.

12/12/2011
good
HIS275 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Hard teacher and grader but you learn so much that it is really worth it. There is a lot of reading and some preparation needed for the weekly quizzes but its not that bad. The final and midterm suck a lot because they are in class and long essays but if you prepare with the study guide in the semester you will be fine! just do the work and read!!!

07/26/2011
good
His201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Must do all of the reading and all of the study guides if you want to get good grades on the quiz's- which are significant to your grade in the class. Make sure you tell a short story, in YOUR OWN WORDS on the quiz's with dates and facts. Two essays which are graded VERY HARD. It was very stressful but worth it in the end. She is a great professor.

04/26/2011
good
HIST102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

04/26/2011
good

One of the best History professors I have had in college. Homework consisted of reading American History (post Civil War). Very informative class. Tests and quizzes where to be completed in essay format. This class has helped me in classes I am taking today.

09/05/2010
good
HIST120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

A LOT of reading. Quiz every week. For me this class was all about luck when it came to studying for the right questions on quiz/tests.Study techniques that i felt helped me pass the class were cramming. Knows her stuff,if you show her that you want to succeed in her class she'll go easier on you. Do the study guides& keep quizzes for final/midterm

05/14/2010
good
HIS201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She's the one teacher at Marymount who truely knows her subject! Dr. Desilet has a clear and structured teaching method. As long as you do exactly as she say, memorize everything from the book that pertains to the quiz prompts, you'll get an A. I had an "A" in her class but I also spent at least 10 hours a week reading and studying for her class.

05/14/2010
good
HIS201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

A GREAT class if you are willing to put in ALOT of time and effort. Her weekly quizzes forced me to read the text and taught me the importance of group studying. She is not by any means an easy A but she teaches you great work ethic and prepares you for the university beyond Marymount. She notices effort, so ask question adn go to her office hours!

01/04/2010
HIS121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She's an awesome teacher if you're willing to work...hard! She really knows her history! Thanks to her 'quizzes' (which are actually in class essays that you have 20 minutes to write) I swear my writing has increased drastically! Her lectures were somewhat helpful to me, but it was reading the text and group study secessions that helped the most!

10/23/2008
good
hist275 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Yes yes and yes. She is a tough cookie but a marvelous teacher. Don't expect an easy A, but do expect to learn a lot! She has been such an inspiration in my life and I am really enjoying my women's history class even though i am not getting an A like I usually do. She is a wise cat!

05/07/2008
good
HISWOMA Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Such an awesome teacher. She really knows her stuff. Definitely one of the hardest teachers at this school, but thats because this school lacks real college professors. If you dont like reading... dont take the class. You gotta be interested otherwise her tests/quizzes will be far too difficult.

03/15/2008
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is the worst teacher I have ever had. she laughed at me when i had a question. she doenst help, her lectures are useless and she is mean.

01/27/2008
good
WomenHist Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I really like her she is one of my favorite teachers ever and one of the hardest Ive ever had. I definitely recommend her Womens History class sooo interesting and I have learned so much it helps me even now in my other classes. Hard grader but fair definitely prepares you for real college.

09/04/2005
good
History Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the hardest teachers at Marymount. Take her if you have to, otherwise take some other teacher.

09/03/2005
good
Westren civ Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

she is an amazing and one of the best teachers at marymount she does challenge and insult soemtimes but she truly makes you think and prepares you for the real world of high academia. She truly is insipring because she loves and understand what she teaches

08/31/2005
good
Western Civ Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Inspired me to want to be a history major and I hated history before. She was the most challenging professor I've ever come into contact with but made me believe in myself. How cheeseball, but whatever...I miss her.

08/28/2005
HIS 121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She was such a hard grader! Tons of readings required in her classes.. essay quizzes every 2 weeks or so.

06/24/2005
good
HIS 210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

In one word: Communist. The class was Western Heritage, but she managed to bash Republicans and push her liberal agenda in EVERY class meeting. She is a HARD grader. She is the hardest teacher at Marymount, but will prepare you well for an elite university. READ, READ, and READ again. There is no way around it with her class. Do not skim at all.

04/20/2005
History Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is so hard. She is boring and old. When she grades your essays, do not expect an A.

06/20/2004
good
hst 350 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

good teacher very informative but expects a lot of reading and note taking. is hard but fair and a good teacher.