Roseanne Desilets at Marymount California University

Roseanne Desilets

Number of ratings 26 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/2/12

HIST215

Desilets was an incredibly difficult teacher and grader. However, she puts out the requirements and does not let you lax, which is much appreciated when prepping for courses in London (History of England). Because of her class I found the midterm and final structure at Regent's College to be much easier. I respect her as a Prof.

12/12/11

HIS275

Hard teacher and grader but you learn so much that it is really worth it. There is a lot of reading and some preparation needed for the weekly quizzes but its not that bad. The final and midterm suck a lot because they are in class and long essays but if you prepare with the study guide in the semester you will be fine! just do the work and read!!!

7/26/11

His201

Must do all of the reading and all of the study guides if you want to get good grades on the quiz's- which are significant to your grade in the class. Make sure you tell a short story, in YOUR OWN WORDS on the quiz's with dates and facts. Two essays which are graded VERY HARD. It was very stressful but worth it in the end. She is a great professor.

4/26/11

HIST102

4/26/11

HIST102

One of the best History professors I have had in college. Homework consisted of reading American History (post Civil War). Very informative class. Tests and quizzes where to be completed in essay format. This class has helped me in classes I am taking today.

9/5/10

HIST120

A LOT of reading. Quiz every week. For me this class was all about luck when it came to studying for the right questions on quiz/tests.Study techniques that i felt helped me pass the class were cramming. Knows her stuff,if you show her that you want to succeed in her class she'll go easier on you. Do the study guides& keep quizzes for final/midterm

5/14/10

HIS201

She's the one teacher at Marymount who truely knows her subject! Dr. Desilet has a clear and structured teaching method. As long as you do exactly as she say, memorize everything from the book that pertains to the quiz prompts, you'll get an A. I had an "A" in her class but I also spent at least 10 hours a week reading and studying for her class.

5/14/10

HIS201

A GREAT class if you are willing to put in ALOT of time and effort. Her weekly quizzes forced me to read the text and taught me the importance of group studying. She is not by any means an easy A but she teaches you great work ethic and prepares you for the university beyond Marymount. She notices effort, so ask question adn go to her office hours!

1/4/10

HIS121

She's an awesome teacher if you're willing to work...hard! She really knows her history! Thanks to her 'quizzes' (which are actually in class essays that you have 20 minutes to write) I swear my writing has increased drastically! Her lectures were somewhat helpful to me, but it was reading the text and group study secessions that helped the most!

10/23/08

hist275

Yes yes and yes. She is a tough cookie but a marvelous teacher. Don't expect an easy A, but do expect to learn a lot! She has been such an inspiration in my life and I am really enjoying my women's history class even though i am not getting an A like I usually do. She is a wise cat!

5/7/08

HISWOMA

Such an awesome teacher. She really knows her stuff. Definitely one of the hardest teachers at this school, but thats because this school lacks real college professors. If you dont like reading... dont take the class. You gotta be interested otherwise her tests/quizzes will be far too difficult.

3/15/08

HIST101

She is the worst teacher I have ever had. she laughed at me when i had a question. she doenst help, her lectures are useless and she is mean.

1/27/08

WomenHist

I really like her she is one of my favorite teachers ever and one of the hardest Ive ever had. I definitely recommend her Womens History class sooo interesting and I have learned so much it helps me even now in my other classes. Hard grader but fair definitely prepares you for real college.

9/4/05

History

One of the hardest teachers at Marymount. Take her if you have to, otherwise take some other teacher.

9/3/05

Westren civ

she is an amazing and one of the best teachers at marymount she does challenge and insult soemtimes but she truly makes you think and prepares you for the real world of high academia. She truly is insipring because she loves and understand what she teaches

8/31/05

Western Civ

Inspired me to want to be a history major and I hated history before. She was the most challenging professor I've ever come into contact with but made me believe in myself. How cheeseball, but whatever...I miss her.

8/28/05

HIS 121

She was such a hard grader! Tons of readings required in her classes.. essay quizzes every 2 weeks or so.

6/24/05

HIS 210

In one word: Communist. The class was Western Heritage, but she managed to bash Republicans and push her liberal agenda in EVERY class meeting. She is a HARD grader. She is the hardest teacher at Marymount, but will prepare you well for an elite university. READ, READ, and READ again. There is no way around it with her class. Do not skim at all.

4/20/05

History

She is so hard. She is boring and old. When she grades your essays, do not expect an A.

6/20/04

hst 350

Rater Interest

good teacher very informative but expects a lot of reading and note taking. is hard but fair and a good teacher.

More History professors at Marymount California University

It looks like this department doesn't have many professors on RateMyProfessors.com. Add a new professor to this school!