in University of Central Florida that teach English Edit
are you Kate Oliver?
B+

04/11/2014
good
ENL 4230 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I was not at all interested in the subject beforehand, but Professor Oliver made it interesting, interactive, and pleasant. The weekly discussion postings were easy to complete and I often received either a 95% or 100%. The two major papers were long and required a lot of research, but she was helpful and graded very fairly. Highly recommended!

03/24/2014
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B-

I was really looking forward to this class, but I hate it. Her 100 question quizzes are so involved, I still cannot finish a quiz on time. I have yet to get above a 65 on them. There is so much material to cover, 3-4 books plus 10+ articles per quiz, plus the papers and responses. She is a HARSH grader and I find her condescending and mean..

02/06/2014
ENL 3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really wish UCF offered a different teacher for this course because I do not recommend Professor Oliver. A book a week, 100 question quizzes, Three 6-page papers, weekly online lectures, and weekly online posts. I don't even get the chance to enjoy it.

02/06/2014
ENL 3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Unfortunately, I would not recommend her to anyone. :( She gives way too much work and then belittles you if you are wrong. God forbid you are wrong on something that she is supposed to be teaching you.

good
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She crams too much into one semester, not allowing you to learn the material but instead struggle with it. I believed that Gothic Lit was going to be one of my favorite classes of the semester but instead I'm praying this semester goes quick so I can be finished with her. Hopefully UCF decides to offer this course with a more experienced professor.

04/29/2013
good
ENL 3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great online class. Dr. O does a terrific job of answering questions and responsing to emails quickly. Assignments are clear. She is extremely knowledgeable, but be prepared to read, write and study a lot. The quizzes are very detailed, you can't just skim. I loved this class and would take her classes again. Just pair with an easy course load.

04/25/2013
good
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great material and very organized class; however, her testing is ridiculous. Too much information to absorb at a time. I'm not sure why she makes her "quizzes" so hard and then they are only worth 15% of your grade. I would take her again but I wasn't prepared for the amount of reading you have to get done.

03/28/2013
good
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I am taking this course right now and she is a good professor. Her feedback is fantastic on essays, however her quizzes are a bit too hard. They consist of 100 questions which need to be done in about an hour. The readings for this class are quite boring so it is challenging to focus on them and do well on the quizzes.

11/28/2012
good
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Her class requires a lot of reading, so make sure you don't save anything until the last minute. She's very sweet, enthusiastic, and super helpful! I would definitely take another class of hers!

12/01/2011
good
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a wonderful teacher, very helpful, and extremely involved in her work. She is also very fun. I recommend taking her class to anyone who is interested in learning more about literature. She gives some of the best feedback I've ever had from a professor.