in University of Central Florida that teach English Edit
are you Kate Oliver?
B+

04/11/2014
good
ENL 4230 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I was not at all interested in the subject beforehand, but Professor Oliver made it interesting, interactive, and pleasant. The weekly discussion postings were easy to complete and I often received either a 95% or 100%. The two major papers were long and required a lot of research, but she was helpful and graded very fairly. Highly recommended!

03/24/2014
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B-

I was really looking forward to this class, but I hate it. Her 100 question quizzes are so involved, I still cannot finish a quiz on time. I have yet to get above a 65 on them. There is so much material to cover, 3-4 books plus 10+ articles per quiz, plus the papers and responses. She is a HARSH grader and I find her condescending and mean..

02/06/2014
ENL 3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really wish UCF offered a different teacher for this course because I do not recommend Professor Oliver. A book a week, 100 question quizzes, Three 6-page papers, weekly online lectures, and weekly online posts. I don't even get the chance to enjoy it.

02/06/2014
ENL 3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Unfortunately, I would not recommend her to anyone. :( She gives way too much work and then belittles you if you are wrong. God forbid you are wrong on something that she is supposed to be teaching you.

good
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She crams too much into one semester, not allowing you to learn the material but instead struggle with it. I believed that Gothic Lit was going to be one of my favorite classes of the semester but instead I'm praying this semester goes quick so I can be finished with her. Hopefully UCF decides to offer this course with a more experienced professor.

04/29/2013
good
ENL 3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great online class. Dr. O does a terrific job of answering questions and responsing to emails quickly. Assignments are clear. She is extremely knowledgeable, but be prepared to read, write and study a lot. The quizzes are very detailed, you can't just skim. I loved this class and would take her classes again. Just pair with an easy course load.

04/25/2013
good
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great material and very organized class; however, her testing is ridiculous. Too much information to absorb at a time. I'm not sure why she makes her "quizzes" so hard and then they are only worth 15% of your grade. I would take her again but I wasn't prepared for the amount of reading you have to get done.

03/28/2013
good
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I am taking this course right now and she is a good professor. Her feedback is fantastic on essays, however her quizzes are a bit too hard. They consist of 100 questions which need to be done in about an hour. The readings for this class are quite boring so it is challenging to focus on them and do well on the quizzes.

11/28/2012
good
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Her class requires a lot of reading, so make sure you don't save anything until the last minute. She's very sweet, enthusiastic, and super helpful! I would definitely take another class of hers!

12/01/2011
good
ENL3296 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a wonderful teacher, very helpful, and extremely involved in her work. She is also very fun. I recommend taking her class to anyone who is interested in learning more about literature. She gives some of the best feedback I've ever had from a professor.

06/21/2011
ENL5006 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This professor should have stayed in Finance. She genuinely displayed frustration when a couple students knew more about contemporary literary and film works based on Beowulf. It seemed to the class that she was bothered by not having been aware of new material based on this much older material. Avoid taking classes with this professor.

09/22/2010
good
ENL4230 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Be prepared to read and write and read and write some more. She takes the Gordon Rule writing expectation VERY SERIOUSLY. Do not make the same mistake I did and take 2 of her classes at once. Two 5 pg papers (1 of which is due the same week as the Final -which is also a 2 pg essay), 1 10 pg paper, and 1 page abstracts every week.

12/07/2007
good
enlenl Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Oliver recently took over the sinking Women's Studies program and is trying to revitalize it. Of course she's going to seem like her life is wrapped in the ultra-PC world of academia because it quite literally is. She is an excellent professor who inspires and encourages students to do their best work. She has time for anyone, even when busy.

11/25/2007
good
ENL2022 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Fairly nice; class was only ok. I get the feeling that her only life is within the cocoon of ultra-PC academia; she's VERY judgemental about the way people phrase stuff in class discussions, to the point where sometimes no one says anything (they're too scared!). Also sometimes belittles you for interpreting something differently than "correctly".

07/30/2006
good
ENC1102H Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class is a challenge, and isn't an easy A but it's not insanely hard and Dr. Oliver isn't a taskmaster. some assignments are tedious (like searching the library for call#s for lists of books you've never heard of) but I left the class with a good feeling.

05/05/2006
good
ENC 1102H Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I got an A, but it was hard work on my part. She is a easy grader as long as you're a good writer. WebCT quizzes on books are overall easy but for a B, she has REALLY endetailed questions, make sure you pay attention when reading! 2 papers & 1 research paper. VERY HELPFUL in office hours! Workshop reviews are tedious, but helpful to writers...

04/14/2006
good
FEM 4554 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The class focuses on group discussions which is fun. But that means attendance is really important. Only two short papers and a final paper. The rest is just listening and discussing. Sometimes she gives dirty looks, but you'll get over it.

03/23/2006
good
ENC 1101H Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Nice professor. She is very helpful if you show up to class and are willing to work with her. Somehow we convinced her to let us watch a movie that sort of had something to do with the topic.

07/28/2005
good
Intro to WST Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Oliver is a kind, caring, considerate person. She has a tendency to talk... a lot... but don't let that put you off. She's intelligent and upholds feminist values (er, she teaches WST, so I assume she would :)) I really hope to get into her 18th century studies class... but they're cutting it. Sob. I recommend her. :)

05/05/2005
good
Various Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Took Dr. Oliver for a few classes, a wonderful teacher as long as you get her in her element (18th Century etc.)VERY VERY knowledgeable about pretty much everything that took place long before we were born, and a very fun class. Also, she's a wonderfully nice woman.