Jacqueline Tilles at Wayne State University

Jacqueline Tilles

Number of ratings 32 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/11/14

EED6330

Dr. Tilles is a great professor. Her work is not difficult but time consuming. She definitely knows how to prepare teachers for the job! Go to class, pay attention and follow her rules and guidelines and you'll do fine!

12/18/13

RLL4431

You will WORK in this class, but you will LEARN. There is NO textbook for undergrads, everything is based on her lectures and handouts. If you attend class regularly and do the work, you will be a much better teacher for it!

8/29/11

RLL6121

Every teacher should have Dr. Tilles. True, some of her methods are outdated, but get over it. There is a lot of work to do too, but if you don't come out of her class much more prepared to teach, you weren't meant to teach in the first place.

3/8/11

RdgAa

My all-time favorite instructor. Very smart, hardworking, down to earth, and helpful. I learned so much from her that I actually took with me into the classroom and that I still use years later.

2/12/11

EED6330

Dr Tilles is by far one of the best (and hardest) teachers I have ever had. I learned more in her class than I did in most of the other education classes I had to take. She will make you work, so just try to balance the term with some easier classes. I highly recommend Dr. Tilles!

12/21/10

RLL6121

Her knowledge is vast, HOWEVER, her methods are archaic and she literally tells you to do assignments "in a manner that does NOT require me to turn on a computer." Not kidding. She wanted us to use construction paper and sharpies for lessons, and we spent a fortune printing what should be done digitally. I will never use the materials I created

9/16/09

RLL4431

One of the most amazing teachers I have had in my educational career. What she teaches you, you will actually use in your classroom. She prepares you for compiling your portfolio, getting started as a new teacher, and much much more. Always makes herself available even outside of WSU. Tough workload but worth it!

9/1/09

Rll6121

Dr. Tillis is all about Dr Tillis it is her way or no way. She does not think any other opinion counts if different from her view piont.

12/9/08

rll4431

A lot of work but learn much

7/10/08

EED6330

Absolutely excellent!! What more can I say? She taught the best teachers.

4/1/08

RDG6211

Took her twice. After 6+ years in the classroom I have used EVERYTHING I did in her class. SHE is the reason I am a competent lesson planner. Enormous workload so stay on top of it. I've never respected a professor more than she. Hardest working professor I've ever met; papers/projects returned (some 45 pages long!) by following week. Superb!

12/13/07

RLL4431

Words cannot describe what a wonderful professor Dr. Tilles is. I am GRATEFUL that I was in this class. It was an honor. Yes the workload is intense. You better not be a slacker or procrastinator, or you'll be burried! A is what you'll get, if you're willing to give. Have a problem with hard work? Then get out of education! Dr. Tilles RULES.

8/3/07

rll4431

The sweetest lady and the most clear prof I think I have ever had. Just do exactly what she says and you will get an A+. If you have any (i mean any) misunderstandings... just talk to her. She will bend over backwards to help you in any way she can. The work load really isnt that bad. She tells you everything you have to do the first day.

5/8/07

RLL4431

She was my worst nightmare. AVOID at all costs, especially if you have full load of classes. TONS of work! And I never used any of it in teaching.

1/8/07

RLL4431

Adorable, sweet old lady. Would go to the end of the earth to help you succeed. TONS of work, but easy to do if you give urself time. As an Art Ed. student, much of the stuff doesn't apply to me, but she tried to accomodate my needs just as much as anybody else. BEWARE: I spent $$$ on color ink, special paper, binders, & folders for projects.

1/5/06

RLL 4431

If you can avoid her, do. She's crazy, she looks all nice and sweet but once you listen to the first day you'll know. She grades harder than university grading(which is unfair)and expects way too much. You will never use what she has you do even though she is convinced otherwise. Especially don't take it as an 8wk course. Avoid her at all costs.

11/15/05

RRL 4431

Honestly, I wish I would have taken someone else for this class. She is very nice, but if you are a health/PE this class will be no help to you. It was a ton of work that I would never use in a PE class.

11/11/05

Teaching Readin

She is an outstanding teacher. One of the best you will ever experience. She gives you a second chance at assignments if you mess-up. If you can't keep up in her class, you probably need to think of another program.

10/5/05

Reading

8 years into my teaching career & I still use the materials from Dr. T. She was amazing, inspirational, & a great teacher. Work load is overwhelming, but so is any unit you build. She shows you how to do it so you're not so lost your first years as a contract teacher. I tell everyone to take her before she retires! You'll miss out otherwise!

9/7/05

Teaching Readin

Lots of work, but she shows you step-by-step how to do it... several times. Nice, understanding, frail, soft-spoken, cute old lady. Show effort in your work and you'll get an A.

More Education professors at Wayne State University