John Sexton at New York University

John Sexton

John Sexton

Number of ratings 17 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/3/13

John is an incredible teacher. He is born to teach. You learn so much from his intellect, experience and lectures but most importantly from his personality. He is a uniquely humble individual who values each person and relationship greatly. So lucky to have sat in his class for a year.

3/5/12

GandRCORE

John is an amazing person. A once in a life time opportunity to be his student. You will enjoy learning from his life and wisdom...He is such a humble character. His class was demanding, a lot of reading and essays, but well worth it. His class and personality has really changed me.

11/20/11

FRRELSEM

If you have the opportunity to take this class, do it. Best class and professor I've ever had. This man is a living legend and just hearing his stories is worth the workload.

5/13/10

ReligSEM

John really cares about his students well-being. Classes are really interesting, personal, and rewarding. he does not grade any of your 9 papers. I feel that he didn't really know me on the personal level that everyone claimed he would. If your just taking this class for the recc, dont do it! It's great if your really interested in the supreme cour

7/7/09

FHSRELI

John is seriously the best person I have ever met. This class is interesting whether or not you were interested in it before. It was a lot of reading, but it was worth it! Having a class with John is one of those once in a lifetime type of things - you really don't want to miss the chance.

1/1/09

LAW101

Awesome professor...I had him 20 years ago for 1st year civ pro in law school...seems he is still awesome from all the recent comments!

5/6/08

SUPCTRELI

best prof at nyu. he is great both in and out of the classroom. being one of his students gave me an "insider's look" to nyu. having him as a freshman was such a great opportunity. often i see him around campus and he is always giving hugs - what he is famous for. take one of jsex's classes if you ccan. it's worth every moment.

4/18/08

SUPCT101

AMAZING. Best professor at NYU. Regardless of what you think of his role as the school's president, his class / his teaching has inspired me to go into law. His stories are the best and he cares about students' well-being. You'll work hard in the class, but everything will be worth it.

12/6/06

SupCtRel

J Sex is amazing! He genuinely cares about all his students and knows everything on the topic since he has so much first hand experience. Everyone here should take a class with him or at least try to get to know him!

10/14/06

Law001

THE BEST PROFESSOR I HAVE EVER HAD. TRULY A REMARKABLE MAN!

9/26/06

life1

only having met him out of a classroom, he's a great guy. I have never heard a bad thing out of people who have had him for class, so these comments don't really seem too reliable to me. Approachable, friendly, and very interesting. Great President for NYU

4/20/06

S.C. & Relig C.

Amazing professor; rambles, but with some semblence of direction. He's the president of the university for a reason... best teacher I've ever had.

1/31/06

na

11/23/05

SuprmCrt & Rlgn

This is JS: "I could hear myself anytime; I'm here to see what YOU have to say. It reminds me of a story from when I clerked for the Supreme Court...I've always just wanted to hear what others think. Like when I was a debate coach. You know I coached the first team north of the Mason Dixon to win Emory. Or as a parent. Have I told you about Katie?"

11/20/05

SuprmCrt & Rlgn

First of all, I don't understand why the guy needs a 1:2 ratio of TAs to students (my year, 24 students and 12 TAs) - and now is going all out to bust the TA union. Jacka$$. The material is interesting and he's certainly an expert. I loved his lectures when they were on the material, but unfortunately most of them were about himself; it gets old.

10/9/05

Thesis Advisor

John is the best. What a wonderful teacher and person.

12/17/03

Honors Sem

Rater Interest

Constitution and the rleigious clause (freshmen honors sem.)- John is an amazing professor and incredible friend. The class is challenging but alwyas worth it. My best college experience ever....

More Law professors at New York University