Hong Shen at California State University Fresno

Number of ratings 9 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

8/24/14

SPED 130

Grade ReceivedA-

Class isn't easy but with hard work you should pass with a B or higher. Read the book, attend the class, follow the syllabus closely for projects, take the weekly quizzes, and constantly communicate with him on assignments. He is very knowledgable and passionate about special education. He's intimidating at first, but a very helpful instructor.

1/30/14

Sped130

Class really isn't as hard as it seems at first. No assignments really, only a quiz each week and a couple projects for the semester. Pretty easy actually, just follow his directions closely. Lectures are a tad boring, but overall, it's not too bad.

5/8/12

spedsped

Very knowledgeable teacher though sometimes he had trouble explaining a concept. Will give extensions on work as needed but keeps a strict control over attendance and staying till the end of class. Overall great teacher, just do your work and keep on top of all the assignments. The final was online.

3/15/12

SPED130

I really like Dr. Shen. I am not sure why there are negative comments. I had no trouble understanding him. His class is challenging, but I appreciate that. I have never felt overwhelmed. He is a good teacher. When I teach Special Education I hope I take some of what he has given me and use it in the classroom.

5/1/09

ABAsumm

Took summer FBA class. NIGHTMARE. Can't understand his english at all! At times he is very rude, smart alec replies, quizez are full of grammatical errors yet he grades on grammar! Teaches straight off the Powerpoints so why buy a $130 book or go to class? 6 weeks of my life I'll never get back. He's the reason I dont attend CSU fresno's Educ. prog

10/14/05

Sped 120

Took his summer school class. Easy! Hard to understand his English. He's very willing to help.

9/7/05

SpEd 130

The man can not speak English!!!! His quizzes online are full of spelling errors that he claims are from the publisher, however, I find it hard to believe that a publisher would send something out with this many spelling errors. We are 3 weeks into school

8/26/04

Sped 120

Rater Interest

Do all the work, read and follow your syllabus like a bible and you should get an "A".

12/24/03

SPED 120

Rater Interest

I took this as an online course from him - more then helpful in working with me on assignements and providing extra info. Dont put course requirements off till the last minute - need to stay on top of them. Actively participated in our discussions.

More Education professors at California State University Fresno