Scarlet Khodagholian at Los Angeles Valley College

Scarlet Khodagholian

Number of ratings 37 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

1/2/14

Math 259

This class is challenging. However it is pretty straight forward. There is a lot of online homework, and you have to study a lot every day. She is a very nice good teacher and genuinely cares for her students and wants them to succeed. Overall good if your willing to do the work.

11/14/13

math259

Yes, she is challenging but the tests are very like study guides, and she curves, and gives extra credit. Take her if you're interested in math. she will make sure you pay attention, attend, and write your notes.

5/17/13

eleme alge 1389

she is a good teacher, but she is challenging. Make sure you study and you will do good.

2/7/12

Math240

The material is hard, her teaching does not make it much better. She will drop your lowest grade on a test, but it's still very hard, so make sure to study alot and pay attention in class, because it will help you on the the tests and in the final. TRIGONOMETRY IS HARD, don't be fooled!

2/2/11

Math240

I took her class, and she was...infuriating. The class itself, isn?t hard at all; it?s her teaching skills that make things difficult to understand. If you zone her out, and study the textbook, you?ll pass with flying colors. But I?m warning you, she gives A LOT of homework. If you can, avoid her class?

11/22/10

math105

i loved her! after reading all the comments on ratemyprofessor i was having second thoughts bout taking her...but she's sooo good! plus she has humor. i absolutely HATE math...but after taking her....i feel confident.

5/26/10

math240

I'm not complaining because I'm getting a bad grade. If you study the book you will do fine in the class. She is, however, a terrible teacher. She reads directly from her notebook, and gets frustrated when students ask questions, even if they are relevant. It is apparent that he doesn't like teaching, and doesn't like talking to her students.

5/24/10

math240

Mrs.K is on of the best teachers.and whoever is complaining just should not take this class,because they ask her questions from algebra,of course she's not gonna take time to explain that, you should have known all of that befre this class.just practice the examples that she gives in class,that what u will get on ur quizzes and exams.She's veryfair

5/5/10

math115

if u want to learn take her she is the best teacher

4/19/10

MATH240

I wonder what professor everyone else took. She is a great teacher and explains everything perfectly. Reading these comments, I was scared to go to class, but after the first day, I was glad I took her. I guess it's different for everyone cuz I enjoyed her class very much.

Math240

I couldn't believe how unhelpful a teacher could be. She is so lazy that she has a website that links you to youtube and teachertube if you need help. Far be it from her to spend some time and teach some students. I really hope she quits soon or gets fired because she is a rare kind of BAD that I hope to never encounter again.

MatH240

During the lecture I feel like she doesn't understand what she's doing. She is very strict with students yet very lackadaisical when it comes to herself, seeing students that need help, or answering questions. She says she hates excuses but is the queen of creating them. Avoid her unless you understand the subject prior to taking her class.

MATH240

She is so bad... I was really looking forward to progressing in mathematics but thanks to this demon I doubt that will be happening any time soon. I'm not naturally talented at mathematics and you must be in order to succeed in her class. She doesn't explain a thing. All she does is read from her stupid note book.

Math240

She flies through the material and leaves the students in the dust. Never ask her a question unless you want to feel like a moron or be blown off. She'll say come to me after class, when you do she'll give you 5 min then leave. Lectures are STRAIGHT out of the book. Your better off studying the book on your own time than going to class.

Math240

PLEASE READ!!! She is an awful teacher! I am currently in her class and it is hell! She leaves campus right after class so she can't answer questions, she makes students feel stupid by talking down to them, she is unorganized, her lectures are the exact text from the book. She talks very fast + writes very fast = she is hard to follow. AVOID HER!!!

3/3/10

math112

She explains the material really well. She is a very energetic and enthusiastic person. She gives several examples of the material in class that I was even willing to go home and do the homework daily as busy as I am. I took her in an 8wk course. I got an A.

2/8/10

math112

She explains the material really well. She is a very energetic and enthusiastic person. I hate Math, but she gives several examples of the material in class that I was even willing to go home and do the homework.

7/25/06

Math 112

She warned that class ahead of time that she was going to be tough, and I was getting ready to drop but ended up staying. Glad I did! Yes, she's very strict and sometimes I kicked myself for not dropping, but she gave clear examples and didn't mind taking questions. I hate math with a passion, but being forced to do HW helped. I got an A.

7/17/06

MATH 225

BEST Math Professor I have taken so Far. She will scare you the 1st few days of class but afterwards you have to pay real close attention to her. An interested class & an easy A if you do whatever she tells you. Drops one of the low score exams. HER CLASS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

6/9/06

Math 225

very clear on subject if you listen

More Mathematics professors at Los Angeles Valley College