Joel Lamore at San Bernardino Valley College

Joel Lamore

Number of ratings 43 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/2/13

One of the best English teachers I have ever had! He is extremely helpful, and his work is very easy. He is a bit of a stickler about doing outlines and your essay's formatting, but he always goes over examples for you. He lets you redo your essays to get an A, and does practice midterms and finals.

8/14/13

ENGL 015

Best teacher I've had so far! Very nice and helpful!

6/7/13

ENG 102H

Unmistakeably, the best teacher at SBVC. Funny, no surprises, thorough--and the list goes on. One can appreciate his structure. A classmate and I found that he would reiterate our notes to a T. We laughed in amazement! He will not mislead. If he doesn't know something (a seldom occurrence), he will get back to you. Personal, one of a kind feedback.

1/14/13

Eng102H

Great professor I thought honors was gonna be crazy, but it was actually a good challenge and sometimes fun.Pay attention do the readings,they typically aren't boring.He's funny at times which kept me awake since it was early.REAL helpful in perfecting writing&almost all his papers are rewriteable.Take him for a lil challenge&be a better writer too

12/23/12

ENG015

Excellent!Excellent!Excellent!Mr.Lamore is the best English 015 teacher SVBC has to offer. He is a English GOD!!!If you are serious about learning English 015...he is serious about teaching it to you. Mr.Lamore is very helpful and patient when it comes to helping you write essays. He also prepares students very well when it comes to the final exam.

12/10/12

eng102

Took his honors course for 102. Super cool professor, he explains everything well and answers all of your questions. All of his essays were rewriteable, except the research paper at the end. His class can be boring, but he has a sense of humor to liven them up at times. Not an easy A, he grades a little tough on essays. Take if you like a challenge

12/4/12

ENGL015

HE WAS AN AMAZING TEACHER ! I LOVED HIM SOO MUCH.. SUPER HELPFUL WHEN YOU ASK QUESTIONS. HE MAKES SURE EVERYONE UNDERSTAND. YOU WILL PASS THIS CLASS!! I RECOMMEND TAKING HIM

11/18/12

ENG032

5 POEMS AND 3 SHORT STORIES, HOW EASY AND WONDERFUL IS THAT. NO OTHER HOMEWORK.

5/18/12

ENGL232

Amazing Professor. I actually had him for 2 classes this semester and I can't say enough good things about him. I just feel bad on everyone who is going to miss out on him for Creative Writing for Fall 2012. He is so helpful and explains things so well. Definitely best Professor on campus :)

12/12/11

ENG232

ENG 232 was the most enjoyable class I have ever taken. Lamore puts great effort into EVERY one of his students (much more than I would have) to give them every possible chance to succeed. If you don't do well in his class it is absolutely your own fault. That's not to say its easy, there is plenty of work and you will learn a great deal.

7/3/11

ENG015

Dr. Lamore is a great teacher he knows how to explain things clearly and help you improve. His grading methods lets you see where improvement is needed and sets date for 1 on 1 with students.Some of his papers are rewritable. Very nice teacher and is understanding. If you are trying to get quality this is your prefessor.

6/28/11

Engli015

He is a great professor.. He helps u whenever u need it.. just talk to him after class it office hours. He let's u rewrite the essays.. He doesn't make u feel stupid .. He prepares u for the final. He doesn't grade Ur final the department does but his mock finals r exactly how the final is. So Ur not surprised when u take the final . He is funny pr

4/28/11

ENGL102

Best teacher I've had during my two years: very clear during lectures; makes sure you understand what to expect on exams; will mark your essays up with precision (former professional editor) so you will learn from your mistakes to become a better writer. All essays are rewritable! I earned C's in ENGL 095 and 101, but earned a high A in his class.

1/23/11

ENG102

He is an excellent teacher, his class can be boring sometimes but he grades fair and he gives advices on how to improve your grade. He is more than willing to help you succed in his class. I will highly recommend him.

1/15/11

Eng101H

He is a very helpful professor. His grading is specific, and you just need to stay on track with the work. I think I would of got an A if I showed up to class more, but after all a B was good :)

1/10/11

ENGL015

Lamore is such an outstanding teacher! I agree with everyone who says great things about him. He will definitely make you a better writer. Of course, his class is no walk in the park. You must work for your grade, but he will definitely walk you through your struggles until you finally get it right.

1/1/11

Eng015

Mr.Lamore knows his stuff. I hated english prior to taking his class. I learned so much by taking his class. He is very fair, and takes time out to help you.

12/30/10

Eng015

Great prep for English 101. Just pay attention, do your work and you should have no problem passing with at least a B. Class is kinda boring but if you can endure it'll pay off in the end. He gives you 2 midterms and great prep for the final. I recommend this class. I was bad in English and now I feel my writing skills have improved drastically.

12/17/10

ENG102

DIDNT LIKE READING OR WRITING UNITL I TOOK THIS CLASS. hEMADE THINGS EASY, I SLACKED OFF ALOT AND KNEW SOME OF MY WORK DESERVED AN "F" BUT I ENDED UP GETTIN A "B"....I RECOMMEND THIS TEACHER!!!!!!!

12/2/10

eng015

GREAT TEACHER! Before I took his class I could not write a paragraph. Now, it takes me no time to sit an write an entire essay. I recommend this this teacher to everyone. He is very nice and do not have no problem when it comes to helping an student. Great teacher!

More English professors at San Bernardino Valley College