in The University of Western Ontario that teach History Edit
B+

11/25/2014
good
2220 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A
"Tests? Not many" "Lectures are long" "Hilarious"

He's very passionate about the subject, and interrupts himself a lot because he just has so much to say about the topic. Not a very interesting class, but not too hard to follow along with

04/28/2012
good
HIST2220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My aunt took this course 25 years ago with Dr. Potter and highly recommended it to me. I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone who is even considering taking this. Lecture material was extremely interesting, classes were only 2 hours a week, and you can get a high grade if you make an effort. Dr. Potter is the greatest professor at UWO. TAKE IT

11/29/2011
good
HIST2220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Potter is a great teacher. Although the information is simple and easy, this is definitely not a 'bird' course because there is a ton of information to know. But, if you study effectively and frequently your almost guaranteed a good mark. Importantly, you do NOT need ANY background in history to do well in this course.

06/28/2010
good
hists2220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

hist of med - hands down best course i've taken during undergrad. prof potter is amazing, he seriously knows EVERYTHING and is so enthusiastic about what he teaches. looked forward to every class! lots of memorizing - names + dates (which i'm usually not a fan of) but it is doable. can do VERY well if you put in the effort. definitely recommend :)

05/31/2010
good
HIST2200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A very engaging and interesting lecturer! Course Manual is simply terrific. Wish Dr. Potter would write the text book for his Hist.Sci. 2200 course.

06/18/2008
good
HISM2220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the Greatest Profs I've had in University. Very well versed, very helpful, and lenient. Everyone thinking of taking this course, should defintly do so!The course is very interesting and he makes learning so much fun.

07/30/2007
good
HIST220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great Prof!

04/24/2007
good
Hist220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great prof. Can tell he REALLY loves what he teaches which translates to enthusiasm from the students. The course was hard, there's a lot of memorization, but he did an amazing job teaching it and I'm glad I took it.

03/04/2007
HistM222 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Terrible class. I was excited about it beforehand, but it is the worst I have ever taken. Dr. Potter, though a very nice and I am sure knowledgeable man, lectured with a lot of incorrect facts, and only skimmed the surface. If you are actually interested in learning about the material, don't take this course.

11/22/2006
good
Hist220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Interesting class material but a lot to memorize

05/20/2006
good

I love this guy!!..tAKE HISTORY OF MEDICINE, YOU WON'T REGRET IT...great learning experience and a fabulous prof!

04/25/2005
good
History of med Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great professor, great course. He's a really engaging, intelligent person with a subtle, entertaining sense of humor. The course is very well organized and SO interesting. A great learning experience that anybody can appreciate. He is a very smart man who is a true asset to UWO. One of my faves

04/17/2005
good
History of Med Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is the best professor!! He keeps the class interested and engaged the intire class! He is a brilliant man, take he class if you can because he is coming close to retirement!

04/03/2005
good

This guy is awesome. Its too bad he is retiring in a few years, because I would want my kids to have him and learn everything he has to say. Maybe we can clone this guy and make all our professors at Western in the image of Potter, because then this would be the best school in the country.

03/06/2005
good
HoM220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best professor I had in all of my time at university.

12/02/2004
good
Hist 220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor and amazing course. I have nothing bad to say about this guy, he is truly an asset to UWO

05/14/2004
good
HISTMED220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Friday classes are not my thing but I hardly ever missed this one!! Best prof of my university career and I'm a politics student!!

01/05/2004
good
HIS 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Fabulous! Very interesting and engaging!

11/26/2003
good
HST 220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

this man is SO cute...he is an awesome teacher, and is mostly entertaining...he'd be one of those cool grandpas.

04/12/2003
good
HOM 220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

This guy knows what he's talking about! And so cute too!!!!!