in Long Beach City College that teach Anthropology Edit
at Long Beach City College, Long Beach, CA
are you Laurel Breece?

12/02/2014
good
ANTHRO 2 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again" "Gives good feedback" "Skip class? You won't pass."

Dr. Breece was incredibly helpful and her class was a pleasure to be in! Material and coursework was interesting and captured my attention throughout the semester. Even if you are not an Anthropology major, you should take this class! Extremely helpful, knowledgable, and all around great professor!

07/29/2014
good
anthro2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher ,very engage to participate in class, always helpful. I received and A. study and ask question. highly recommended for anthropology. best teacher very in lbcc.

12/12/2013
good
Anthro 3H Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very easy class and you don't need the book. I didn't care for her teaching style and she really thinks the world of herself. But the class is extremely easy.

12/04/2013
good
Anthro 2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love her! She wants you to do well. If you just want to pass you'll be fine because notes in test but if you want an A definitely read the book it is extremely helpful it goes just a little more in depth. 5 tests and she gives attendance and participation points which really helps when your in between getting a B or A

11/27/2013
good
Anthro 2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing!! Her lectures arent boring at all, she makes every one of them interesting. Take good notes because you'll need them for your test. I would definitely take her again if i were to take any Anthropology classes.

07/26/2013
good
Anthr 3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She was amazing! She's hilarious and one of the nicest professors I've ever had. You can use your notes for all of the tests. I definitely recommend her.

07/17/2013
good
Anthro 2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I adored Breece! She is hilarious, and just overall really fun to be around. She looks like she loves her job, and is more than willing to help with grades, and even personal problems. Definitely recommended.

06/27/2013
good
ANTHR 2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved taking Dr. Breece for the second time. She's very helpful and fun to talk to. The book is slightly required but you don't necessarily need it; just go check it out in the library and copy the notes you need for class. Although her tests are open notes, they are easy. You will not regret taking her one bit!

06/16/2013
good
Anthr 2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Breece is amazing! You can use your lecture notes on tests and you watch lots of movies on different cultures. The tests are a bit confusing, and she kind of tough with grading the short answer responses. I got an A and I was never bored in the class.

06/15/2013
good
ANTHR 2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is a kind and really interesting teacher with great lectures! If you take great notes, listen to her lectures and watch the videos and it's an easy A! The only homework she gives is reading the textbook and honestly? A quick skim through them and you should be able to participate in lecture (which really matters to her.) Take her class!

06/08/2013
good
ANTHR 2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Breece is an incredible professor! She has a true passion for the subject and it comes across with every lecture. I was not looking forward to this class (I had to take it for a GE credit) but after the first class meeting I knew my mind was 100% changed. Show up, TAKE NOTES, and go over the definitions. You'll get a lot out of this class!

05/29/2013
good
Anthro 2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing class! Breece is a very pleasant woman to be around. She made the class something to look forward to every morning! We could use 1 page of notes on tests n no HW other than read but you dnt need to bc she explains the material so well & made sure we got all what we needed to know written down. One of my all time favorite class! Take Her!

05/17/2013
good
ANTH3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Breece is a great professor, I'm an archaeology major so for me the subject material was very interesting. Exams are open notes, but people still get C's and B's on exams - not sure how! Take good notes, attend class (pay attention), and you'll get an A

05/09/2013
good
ANTHR2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Laurel is AMAZING. Love her quirky little sense of humor, very interesting lectures, very clear and super helpful. The videos may be a bit boring if you hate old documentaries with weird (awesome) intro music. Take her class! Open notes on ALL exams! :D

01/30/2013
good
ANTHR3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She's one of the best professors ive ever had, almost made me want to change my major to anthropology!

12/22/2012
good
ANTHR3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Excellent teacher! Highly recommend you take her. Textbook not needed but helpful. Exams are open notes so take good notes. I loved taking her class.

12/19/2012
good
Anthr2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor. One of the best anthropology professors I had at LBCC! I took her Anthr 3 class as well. Very interesting, keeps you engaged, tests are easy as long as you take good notes (open note tests), use book for ref. Tests have general questions (objective). I had a lot of fun learning from her, highly reccomended!!!

12/17/2012
good
Anthr3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very easy class, just take notes and you're good. Open notes for exams. No need to buy book.

08/17/2012
good
anthr3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful! She is very clear and straight to the point. As long as you take good notes you'll do well on the test (very general questions) It's open note tests (get to use your notebook). I didn't use the text book at all and I did pretty well. The way she teaches you'll just enjoy the class overall!

05/24/2012
good
anthr2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

her tests are easy because you can use your notes. but you have to take thorough notes. she is helpful and clear