in Santa Barbara City College that teach Biology Edit
at Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, CA
are you Bob Cummings?

11/18/2013
good
Plant Biology Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great guy, great attitude, great love for the subject. He's passionate, and helpful. However, if science isn't your thing, probably not going to be the best experience. Take it for knowledge not for units. If you're looking for that last science or extra units, take like biology 100.

12/21/2012
BOT121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took Plant Diversity Online with Dr. Bob. While I got an A, it wasn't great. Many assignment prompts were vague, grading was slow, and there were mistakes in grading and on the course website. Zero direction or interaction from the professor and grading was inconsistent and seemed subjective. Correct answers/key was not provided for weekly quizzes.

10/23/2012
good
Bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had Dr Cummings for biology over 4 years ago. I am now currently graduating from UC and have never had a professor come close to caring about his student's success like Bob does. Truly a great professor and a great community college! Because of Bob, I will remember the integumented mega sporangia for the rest of my life

01/01/2012
good
Bot100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Grades on a curve, super understanding if everyone does poorly. Lab quizzes are 30% of your grade and many of the answers are on your handout, so KEEP IT! The beginning is molecular and hard, but after the first midterm the class is fun and very informative. I'm very glad I took this class and you will be, too.

11/18/2011
good
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great guy! I had a hard time following some of his lectures, even having had a pretty demanding high school bio class but making use of his office hours and the tutor helped me get an A in this class. I would highly recommend taking him if you can since Spring 2012 is his last semester teaching at sbcc! Tough course but well worth the work.

05/19/2011
good
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took a class with Bob 13 years ago...I have since graduated with a BS in Marine Biology and I am working toward a MS in Science Ed...he remains to this day one of the best instructors I have ever had. He is intelligent, funny, charismatic, personable, and a lovely human being. Get him while you still can, he IS the BEST...hands down.

11/21/2010
good
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher. The kind you wish they all were like.

11/13/2010
good

Bob took a class that would otherwise seem a bit dull and made it interesting and exciting. He is hilarious and very down to earth. Everyone should take a class with Bob before leaving cc.

05/29/2010
good
Bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

By far my favorite teacher. Sets the tone for bio majors. He really is a funny guy with interesting material. It's still a hard class with LOTS of vocab, and you defiantly need to come to all lectures and especially labs.

05/11/2010
good
Bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Bob is the man! He is so into what he teachers which makes it easy to want to do well. I wouldn't recommend buying the book though. I received an A in the class and I didn't open the book once.

05/10/2010
good
BIO9 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Bob is the single best instructor I've ever had. He teaches his subject well and connects with living now. Live long and prosper Bob! jd

05/02/2010
good
BOT121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the best teachers I have ever had. He was really nice and understanding. I really learned a lot in his class. On regret I have is not being able to take this class in person.

04/12/2010
good
BIO200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Bob remains one of the greatest teachers I have ever had and I took his class 11 years ago! He is so dedicated to his job and his students. Students line up at his door and he always has time for everyone. People who probably never really contemplated mycology would bring him in the latest shroom they found. He truly inspires...I heart Bob!

02/15/2010
good
BOT121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Botany 121 is online and a complete introduction to plants, algae and fungus. Exams are tough but open notes since online, grading easy but I learned a LOT. Beautiful photographs and an easy to understand website helped.

01/28/2010
good
bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My favorite teacher of all time. I really do miss his class. It was so fun attending. He honestly inspiring. TAKE HIS CLASS NOW! just be sure to take good notes and ATTEND TUTORING SESSIONS and you will be more than fine

01/28/2010
good

Bob is the man. He loves bio so much it is incredible. His love for bio transfers to all students some how. He is hilarious. Every lecture/lab is a performance. Labs were the best. He is so helpful in all ways. It is important that you attend every class. the tests is all on the notes. lab practicals are difficult though. go to tutoring for A

07/30/2009
good
bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

One of the best teachers i have ever had. I was not at all interested in plant biology but had to take it for my major. He is extremely clear-go to class and copy down EVERYTHING he writes on the board. He basically tells you what is going to be on each midterm, DO NOT MISS CLASS THE DAY BEFORE THE MIDTERM OR FINAL!

05/20/2009
good
BIOLBIOL Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Bob is a great guy. Always has time. Really enthusiastic and interesting.

12/05/2008
good
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Bob is the greatest guy ever!!! An amazing teacher, he loves what he does and makes you love it too. The information is a bit hard but the way he teaches it makes it impossible not to have fun. Especially in the labs, we made sushi! Take it no matter what your major, its a life changer class for sure.

07/02/2008
good
bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

amazing really knows what hes talking about, captivating speaker,will do everything he can to help you, will also help if you need more time to turn in assignments or don't understand something, vocab is a big thing. take this class it will change your outlook on life!