in Santa Barbara City College that teach Biology Edit
at Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, CA
are you Bob Cummings?

11/18/2013
good
Plant Biology Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great guy, great attitude, great love for the subject. He's passionate, and helpful. However, if science isn't your thing, probably not going to be the best experience. Take it for knowledge not for units. If you're looking for that last science or extra units, take like biology 100.

12/21/2012
BOT121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took Plant Diversity Online with Dr. Bob. While I got an A, it wasn't great. Many assignment prompts were vague, grading was slow, and there were mistakes in grading and on the course website. Zero direction or interaction from the professor and grading was inconsistent and seemed subjective. Correct answers/key was not provided for weekly quizzes.

10/23/2012
good
Bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had Dr Cummings for biology over 4 years ago. I am now currently graduating from UC and have never had a professor come close to caring about his student's success like Bob does. Truly a great professor and a great community college! Because of Bob, I will remember the integumented mega sporangia for the rest of my life

01/01/2012
good
Bot100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Grades on a curve, super understanding if everyone does poorly. Lab quizzes are 30% of your grade and many of the answers are on your handout, so KEEP IT! The beginning is molecular and hard, but after the first midterm the class is fun and very informative. I'm very glad I took this class and you will be, too.

11/18/2011
good
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great guy! I had a hard time following some of his lectures, even having had a pretty demanding high school bio class but making use of his office hours and the tutor helped me get an A in this class. I would highly recommend taking him if you can since Spring 2012 is his last semester teaching at sbcc! Tough course but well worth the work.

05/19/2011
good
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took a class with Bob 13 years ago...I have since graduated with a BS in Marine Biology and I am working toward a MS in Science Ed...he remains to this day one of the best instructors I have ever had. He is intelligent, funny, charismatic, personable, and a lovely human being. Get him while you still can, he IS the BEST...hands down.

11/21/2010
good
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher. The kind you wish they all were like.

11/13/2010
good

Bob took a class that would otherwise seem a bit dull and made it interesting and exciting. He is hilarious and very down to earth. Everyone should take a class with Bob before leaving cc.

05/29/2010
good
Bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

By far my favorite teacher. Sets the tone for bio majors. He really is a funny guy with interesting material. It's still a hard class with LOTS of vocab, and you defiantly need to come to all lectures and especially labs.

05/11/2010
good
Bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Bob is the man! He is so into what he teachers which makes it easy to want to do well. I wouldn't recommend buying the book though. I received an A in the class and I didn't open the book once.