Mark Wattier at Murray State University

Mark Wattier

Number of ratings 43 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

2/2/11

PolPol

I have read many complaints about this professor, but my experience was a good one. He was helpful and infomative. it seemed that he played favorites, but if he did I would have been skrewed. You get out of the class what you put into it. He does call people out when they stray from the topic. I think that this is why some are offended by him.

10/12/10

POL140

Uhhh he was the most boring professor I have ever had. The class was easy up until the 10 page paper he expects you to write. I would recommend a different teacher for sure.

8/1/10

JMC140

I wasn't sure I would like him but I really did. I am taking him again actually. He is hard but if you do your work you will learn a lot. Defiantly the most knowledgeable teacher I've had here.

11/18/09

JMC344

He expects you to read before you come to class. Grades VERY EASY on test. Thought i failed the first two test but got an A on both. Shows lots of videos but never really ties it together at the end. Wouldn't recommend taking him. Even though i faired well with him it was a struggle and i didnt feel confident in what i was learning and the material

10/1/09

pol140

He's a funny professor. He uses a lot of "documentaries." If you can survive the first few weeks of being bored he gets better. His tests are difficult and LOOOONG.

10/1/09

pol140

3/26/09

pol360

Dr. Wattier was clear and concise on what he expected. If you are not capable of completing tasks then he is not the professor for you. But then again, if you are not capable of completing tasks then college is probably not for you.

12/9/08

POL360

I have taken several classes with Dr. Wattier and he definitely knows what he's teaching. I think he does a very good job of getting you to see the "big picture" with whatever topic he teaches. Be sure to participate in class and you will do great! I would recommend Dr. Wattier.

4/8/08

JMC344

Hard class and not as fun as I thought it would be. He showed a lot of movies and missed a lot of class without cancelling. Confusing teaching method. Tests all from your own knowlegde no multiple choice. Wouldn't take him again.

3/3/08

PolPol

Wattier is amazing. He can make any topic seem worth knowing because he is so knowledgeable about it all. Definitely offers more to class than any other professor I've had. He grades tough, but fair. Take advantage of his office hours. He offers a lot of insight and is glad to give pointers to help.

2/10/08

Pol344

You'll either get a C or an A depending on if you do all the work. If you're a favorite of his, then you can do no wrong. His diagrams are impossible to follow and it feels like you're in a math class. Expected a 10 page paper off a 200 page book! Why he's still here is beyond me. Avoid if possible!

2/7/06

POL 340

I wasn't sure I would like him but I really did. I am taking him again actually. He is hard but if you do your work you will learn a lot. Definatly the most knowledgable teacher I've had here.

1/28/06

12/5/05

POL ??&

I wish I knew the class I took, but he changed it over in the middle of the semester without telling anyone, causing me to be not eligible and receiving a poor grade. I went to see him about my grade and we got into an argument on how I never took notes and how I never payed any attention. The man knows his material, but his is an ass. Period

11/28/05

POL 360

If you are reading this because you are thinking about taking this class or any ohter wattier class think again. Sign up for anything else. He is very unclear and unhelpful

11/9/05

Pol360

He is a great teacher and unlike the easier ones, he expects you to study and do your work. If you take copious notes, you'll do fine in all of his classes and it won't hurt to ask a few questions. He gives a lot of extra credit in the form of bull pens so participate! I enjoyed his classes, he's very knowledgeable.

9/14/05

POL260360660

Unfortunately, Dr. Wattier has a bad wrap. He really is a great professor. If you want someone who knows their research methods, this guy is the best of the best. Be sure to ask lots of questions. He is happy to assist, you just have to ask. Definitely an asset to MSU!

8/25/05

POL 360

The subject, political science research, is his specialty. This was a 300 level class and as with any you should expect a challenge but this was ridiculous. He taught the class at literally a graduate level. Expect to have to perfectly analyze political science journal articles over obscure topics for exams.

8/4/05

pol 360

this is his speciality, so he takes the material very seriously. he also takes you in head first very deep. be prepared to read, and takin complex math concepts. his grading is tough and he is very strict about class participation. he also expects yo to critically analyze professional articles from journals from the begining.

5/25/05

pol480, 440...

The people complaining about the way he treats the students are probably the ones who bombed their research papers and thought they could breeze through their presentations. He can be moody, but so can anyone else. He's not an easy "A", but he's not impossible either.

More Political Science professors at Murray State University