in University of Southern California that teach Engineering Edit
are you Anthony Borquez?
C+

10/01/2014
good
ITP 280 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Amazing lectures" "Better Like Group Projects" "Inspirational"

Very relevant if you want to make games for a career. Midterm involved a lot of writing, but no final exam, just a project.

08/27/2014
good
ITP 280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the best classes I have taken at USC. I learned stuff you typically don't get from books or boring professors. He teaches you about real world problems, how to work with teams, and ultimately how to level yourself up. Definitely a class worth taking.

07/10/2014
good
BAEP 460 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

Great professor. Super knowledgeable guy, knows everything there is to know n the industry. Brings in superb guest speakers to share their entrepreneurial stories. Decent amount of work but still not very tough.

05/22/2014
good
ITP280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof Borquez is very knowledgeable in the game industry. He specializes in game production. We did game jams for both Riot Games and Blizzard. epic.

05/01/2014
good
BAEP 460 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

Tech Entrepreneurship was the best class I have taken at USC. Real world experiences building a tech startup and inspirational lectures from Anthony and his networks of high-level CEOs.

05/01/2014
good

Great overview of the video game business. Lots of group projects and awesome experience building multiple games. Prof has solid knowledge of mobile and console games.

02/24/2014
good
ITP 280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed the game jams and the interactive lecture format.

02/12/2014
good

Best games class at USC. We built 4 games and learned real world game production.

02/01/2014
good

Game jams in class are awesome. Don't miss the Lego lecture, it's the only class that teaches scrum at usc.

11/05/2013
good
ITP-280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor. He's still currently working in the game industry so he definitely knows what he's talking about. Some readings to do for the midterm but not too bad. Never used any game making programs but the projects were still doable. We went to the Riot Games' headquarters and will soon head to Blizzard.

01/28/2012
good

Great class. Hideo Kojima came to our class and he may be teaching in the future. Lots of good experience building prototype games.

09/14/2011
good
ITP280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Pretty easy and really fun class. No prior programming experience required but it helps when it comes time to do your projects (otherwise be prepared to grind through them). You get a lot of insider info from his years in industry and the guest speakers but for the most part, I felt like the projects and pitches were the best learning tools.

04/20/2011
good

Great class if you want experience building games with teams. I built 3 games and several prototypes. They started using Unity toward the end of class which hopefully will be used more.

02/09/2011
good

Took this class last semester. Very fun class. Make sure to come to class when you have to build a game in class...he gives out games as prizes.

12/22/2010
good
ItP280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My favorite class at USC thus far

11/09/2010
good
ITP280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My class had students from different majors, Cinema, Engineering, Business and others. As a CS major, there is not a lot of programming but many group projects and game building assignments. Contests during class were cool. Great guest speakers and field trip.

09/02/2010
good
ITP499 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Class is divided into technical and creative. there is only one semester- long project but good experience

08/03/2010
good
itp499 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

great class if you want to make a game for facebook.

05/19/2010
good
ITP280 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you already like video games, then this class will be super easy. All you really have to do is do all the projects to get a good grade. Go to all the classes because they're pretty fun/interesting anyways. You don't really need any of the textbooks though, so save your money.

05/14/2010
good
Itp499 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was a class on social games. Very industry focused. We wrote a book and made a game. Lots of work for 2 units, but worth it!