Mahmoud Shagroni at Houston Community College (all campuses)

Mahmoud Shagroni

Number of ratings 64 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

4/5/14

Grade ReceivedWD

I decided to take this class thinking it was going to be easy but I was wrong. I found this class difficult. He does not provide a review sheet and his test aren't multiple choice. I had to withdraw because of family issues. If u aren't good in math and don't want to hurt your gpa don't take him.

1/22/14

Math 2414

Greatclass nd great inuctor.I visited him 5 times in his office to help me with the homework. He explanes calculus very well I worked hard and I got an A

1/10/14

MATH 2414

One word. HORRIBLE. Got a B but WHAT A RUDE PROFESSOR!!!!! Took his online class, he would only reply to the emails he understood, his syllabus stated he would drop lowest, that never happened! I asked and he gave me a harsh response. This class is not easy, with him it will be worst! Stay away! Believe me!

1/8/14

shagron55818

If you do not want to hurt your GPA, do not take a class with this professor who is both unwilling and unable to help you learn let alone be successful in the course. The label professor is an undeserved endearment used to describe this professor.

1/3/14

Math 2414

I think he is ok. No review. Only homework. Tests straight from homework. Some questions on the test were not even in homework so you will miss out on those questions. I think he did this on purpose so no will make A. The only good thing about tests were that you have 3HOURS!!! That's Alot. Enjoy

12/22/13

Math 2413

It is an easy class 4 chapters only! the professor is very helpful, good notes evrything is on MyMathLab.. a lot of homework all due in the last day of class. I made B, I worked very hard..

12/17/13

Math 1314

Every thing online!! If you do the homework which you have unlimited attempts in MyMathLab you can make 100 and it counts as an exam, he drops the lowest grade and exams like the homwork. I made a B, i could made A if I completed my Homework.

12/17/13

Math 1314

finishe the class and I got an A. Professor Shagroni very helpful,, But you need to do your homework and study.. exams are striaght forward and you can see him at any time at his office I visted him twice to see my exams and ask some questio He is the best!!!

12/15/13

MATH 1314

To call him professor is an undeserved endearment. This man is the epitome of laziness and rudeness. He responds to emails very promptly but he might as well not respond because his answers are rude and unhelpful. He provides no valid notes, no explanation of points and his tests are hard. This class is not worth a dollar.

11/3/13

Math 1214

Very very hard for regular college algebra this guy is also NOT helpful and very rude. Refused to upload text to course materials even tho I explained that's the only way my fin. aid would pay for it. His online notes don't explain ANYTHING of importance. Sorry excuse for a teacher

11/3/13

Math 1314

I took the class online. A sorry excuse for a teacher, RUDE doesn't care about your concerns. I ask him to upload the book on course materials so I could purchase it with fin. Aid and he REFUSED. His online notes don't explain ANYTHING. The e text we are forced to use isn't accessible during tests, either are the online notes. WORST TEACHER avoid

9/5/13

Math 2414

Great Professor! Crystal clear on instructions. Everything is online except final. Lots of homework need to keep up, should be no procrastination whatsoever. Pretty straight forward tests, drops lowest, all material from homework. Very helpful and quick to reply the emails!! Good Luck!

9/4/13

Math 2413

I love this professor S. I took his class online. Homeworks are optional (for practice only), and all tests were online including final. He gives a couple of days to take the test and plenty of time to get through it, even if you have problems. Great, understanding prof. Take his class if you can.

8/7/13

Math 1314

This professor is great!! Awesome, very precise, very frank and open,, But you need to do your part ,, the class is hard it is Calculus II MAN!!

8/4/13

Math 2413

Four chapter 4 exams, and homework.. akk on MyMathLab.. do not need the textbook.. he is very helpful.. If you ask he will help you he is very very energetic.. I saw him twice at the campus he was very helpful and nice.. Take him.. I made an A.

Math 1314

All exams and homework are online.. Easy exams I just finished 8 weeks summer college algebra and got an A. the exmas are open for 3 days, the only problem if you miss an exam you have to go and take in his office unless you have a good good reason, so he moght let you take online. recommended!!

Math 2414

Online class, if you ask for help he was extremely helpful. but test was hard. it was good to learn if you study and ask him questions but not easy B.

Math 2414

I just took the class, the class is Cal II, it is hrd course, all exams are online, each exam only one chaoter no Cumulative final exam, 3 hrs each exam, open book, use claculator, I went to his office 3 times he was very nice solved all my problems, he realy know calculus in-out very very smart guy!. I made an A ...

4/11/13

math 2414

This guy is just plain RUDE. He don't care about anybody especially if your his student. He don't want to help you and his exams are super hard. I'm actually really good at math but this guy has stuff on the exam that isn't on HW or lecture which make things hard. Don't take this guy if your ready to fail! He should not be a professor!

10/27/12

alg1314

I took his class online. Very rude. He never updates anything. He's not helpful at all. Never helps when needed. No notes. Does not deserve to be a professor. He does not teach anything he leaves it all to mymathlab.com

7/26/12

MATH2412

do not take him. I"m not lazy but test is hard. not clear and rude.

1/7/12

Math2412

Took winter pre-calculus class. total grade only counted by 4 tests and all of the tests were hard plus in some questions all of the answers given were not correct. Happened to all 4 tests. Tests' timing were set up wrong and we lost 1 hour to do each test. He was fast on keep up with emailing back, but not helpful.Too many problem!!!

1/7/12

math2412

Took him for pre-cal online over winter session. Had 4 tests, 1 drop. no hw. didn't post updated syllabus so everyone had to email him to find out this information. Replied rudely when asked questions. many problems with tests and timing. There was a huge curve in the end because of all the issues. exams were hard eventhough i had taken cal1 alrdy

12/11/11

math308

Great Teacher! Very helpful when needed. The test are hard, however lots of studying and you will do fine. I would recommend him.

19460581
9/14/11

math2414

as online. Hard home work, hard test. I got in 5 weeks summer. I studied a lot, but B. test has some questions which were new and not in H.W. do not take if your grade is important.

8/15/11

MATH2414

Online class, if you ask for help he was extremely helpful. but test was hard. it was good to learn if you study and ask him questions but not easy A.

8/15/11

math2414

It was online. Hard home work, hard test. I got in 5 weeks summer. I studied alot but B. test has some questions which were new and not in H.W. do not take if your grade is important.

8/8/11

MATH0003

This was the most helpful math teacher I`ve ever had. I don`t like math very much but the notes and review he made for us was extremlly helpful. I would recommend him if you don`t care for math or not to good in math he make the learning very understanding.

7/11/11

math308

Worst math class I have ever taken! If you don?t have time to waste money, don?t choose him! He is a teacher who does not break things down. He expects for you to already know what he is doing and he also expects students to remember everything they have done in the past. In my opinion he is still learning himself!

5/11/11

math1314

Def. Take this professor because the entire class understood his teaching. He can help you if you are struggling in math and get you to understand it not many at HCC who are professors are capable of doing that! TAKE HIM! HES SO GOOD! I learnt alot in this class and think that everyone who wants to be good at math needs to have this teacher explain

8/1/10

MATH2413

He is a Mean, a Hardest, and very crazy professor. his tests are not multiple choice.

7/18/10

MATH2413

WORST PROFESSOR I EVER TOOK FOR MATH IN HCCS. DONT TAKE HIS CLASS IF YOU WANT TO PASS OR TAKE ON YOUR OWN RISK.

5/22/10

Math2413

Yells at you if you give him the wrong answer. Has trouble seeing but I guess he can't do anything about it. I took his class in the winter mini term and just sat their and paid attention. Don't answer questions unless you have a thick skin! Just do the packet stuff he gives you and some book problems and you should get at least a B.

5/19/10

calc0002

Took his online cal2 class. He shouldnt teach.Grades on 4 test only. Basically learn it on your own, no powerpoints nor HW problems. When asked about hw he said to do all the odds cause there are answers in the back. Doesn't communicate with student, or curve nor drops any test. Learned nothing from him. Basically he got paid for not even teaching.

1/9/10

Math2413

Shagroni was the only one offered for Calculus I during the winter mini session so I had no choice but to take him. He yells a lot and makes you feel retarded if you answer something wrong but overall its not that hard if you study his packets. If you get your feelings hurt then don't take him. Also, DON'T even think about cheating in his class!

12/10/09

math0306

He is very helpful with online class 0306.Homework is due until the end of the semester.Just do homework very helpful for the exams. He is very easy teacher.All exams are online. I made an A on his class. He replies asap.

12/9/09

math0306

He did email very often, but the home work was easy and everthing was online. I started in sep 09 got all homwork and it was not due until dec 09. It was a good online class. If you want lot of communciation between u and the teacher don't pick him. If you are with him not communciating alot then it is a great class. I would take him agan.

8/17/09

MATH2413

TAKE THIS GUY AT YOUR OWN RISK! Took this class online, and learned absolutely nothing from him. Luckily, I had notes from another professor. 4 Tests total. Tests were moderate in difficulty. Professor offered NO help, and rarely responded to emails. Very disappointing.

8/15/09

Completely useless.

5/12/09

MATH2414

Took Dr. Shagroni's Calc II class online. Also had him for Calc I, which was a marginally better experience. The content for the Calc II class consisted of a one page PDF which indicated only test dates and which chapter of the text each test covers. A good way to get the credit if you need it and either already know calc or can learn it yourself.

2/12/09

math2413

Do you hate Math? If so take your class with DR.Shagroni, and you will love it. he is the best instructor.

1/6/09

MATH2414

I just finish calv II with him. He is the best instructor ever. No surprise that he is the head depa of math. He know what he is talking about, not like most of Hccs instructor. I recommand him to every one. Also he aleady let us use the grafic calculator. except 89. because this one will do all the work for you. I took with him calc one and two.

8/11/08

MATH2413

GREAT!I had him for the summer session in 2008. He went fast to me and we had a test every friday. The good thing is he is a very understandble teacher when it comes down to questions (just make sure it is logical because he dont tolerate ignorace) and very fair on grading. I thought I was going to fail his class but I studied and came out with a C

6/12/08

calc1

Dr.Shagrouni is the best teacher I have ever have. If you need to learn your subject you only need to attend his class and concentrate. I made an easy A during the mini session class. to let you know I was ignorant in Calculus before I take him. He is the best take him.

5/15/08

MATH2414

Extremely difficult and does not let you use graphing calculators at all.

12/18/07

math0306

I took this course online and would recommend that anyone do so with this Professor. He answered emails quickly, was actively involved in the class, and was always extremely helpful.

12/12/07

math2413

TOOK online class.25questions each for 4tests. I've made An (A) because I took calc in high school. If you have no CALC background and if you decide take online class, you will fail. This was first time I took online class and I would not take online class anymore. Take this class only If you Know calc. If you don't, it would be exteamly hard.

8/28/07

MATH2413

This man is a genius. Very good teacher.

8/1/07

cal1

Very nice professor. Take his class and you'll learn alot.

7/27/07

MATH1431

TOOK THIS MAN WHEN I LOST HOPE IN UH MATH DEPT, AND WENT TO HCC FOR SUMMER PART 1, DID 5 WEEKS OF CALCULUS AND LEARNED ALOT VERY HELPFUL AND FUNNY. I WISH ALL MATH TEACHERS WERE LIKE HIM. YOU COULD NEVER OPEN A CALCULUS BOOK AND LEARN ALOT. ANYBODY WHO DIDNT PASS HIS CLASS IS A GRADE A IDIOT CAUSE HE EXPLAINS TO THE SKIN OF EVERYTHING.

12/16/06

CalcSECT

WOW this teacher is amazing!! i highly recommend him if u want a teacher that can TEACH!! hes soo smart and he communicates the info to the students clearly! no drawbacks on this man!! he answers any ?'s and when he does u really do understand! BEST TEACHER i have EVER HAD!!! no joke! take him and u will learn and get an A!!

4/25/06

Math 1314

i took his basic math class online last summer. there was no homework and only 3 tests! just have someone with you during the tests that understands algebra etc, and you'll be fine. i got an easy A.

4/8/06

Cal I&II

Hey, he is a crazy man but very nice. He is funny. He goes very quick in class but if you dont understand ask him and he will explain. He is very smart, knows all about Cal but cant do adding, and stuff. Dont answer him if you dont know the answer. Got an A for cal 1,

4/6/06

calculus

very clear

2/10/06

cal 1

He is an excellent teacher, I recomend everyone to take all math classes with him. His way of teaching is so clear; however he sometimes gets mad, but his teaches in an easy way. his exams are easy (multiple choises). In other hand, he is the head of the math department at hcc, so he must be knowledgeble teacher. over all he is great teacher.

12/16/05

MATH 0306

I took Dr. Shagroni's class online. He basically ignores the students, hardly returning emails or messages. He's not a rude man - just indifferent.

10/18/05

cal

8/22/05

CAL

well he is a crazy man but if u dont understand somethin he'll explain it to you that day, just dont piss him off, he can be harsh, n he likes to put u on the spot n if u dont know the answer he makes it clear to every1, but i thought he explained things pretty well n i took it in the summer..he will help u during the tutoring hrs or break,got an A

7/6/05

cal

3/30/05

ALL maths

He will help you out if you have problems but he teaches kind of fast. Overall I think he is an okay teacher

3/8/05

Calc 1

Well he is a good teacher but there are two things wrong.1) what he teaches in class is just half of what's in exam.2) He tends to put students on the spot, if you dont know the answer to a questionm he would look up your record and if it is bad, he will say it infront of the class.OVER-ALL He's OK.

12/14/04

Algebra

Not good in math? Then Shagroni is a must have!

12/13/04

Math 1314

Excellent teacher. Very through and helpful. Always available to help. Be sure to take this teacher.

7/2/04

MATH

Rater Interest

More Mathematics professors at Houston Community College (all campuses)