Maria Chovan at Golden West College

Maria Chovan

Number of ratings 117 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/27/14

PSYC-100

The class itself is easy as long as you stick to the deadlines and stay up on your reading. Don't get behind. She is very confusing and very snobby. The class is easy as long as you don't talk to the teacher.

5/16/14

G165

Lazy teacher. She hardly responds to emails and has an attitude. I'd pass on her.

12/15/13

College 100

The class is way easy. She's not very clear. I emailed her several times. I had to call her once and she was kinda snotty. If you take this class, it's easy, but don't be afraid to ask questions!

12/1/13

College 100

Very easy class if you follow directions. Always answered e-mails whenever I had a question.

11/28/13

Psych160

Pretty clear, a lot of reading (the entire textbook), but very easy to pass and do well. Discussions are simple and interesting, quizzes are a little frustrating (I swear some answers aren't in the book), papers are very easy too, plus lots of extra credit. Hard NOT to get an A. (I don't even have to take the last 3 chapter quizzes to keep my A!)

7/26/13

Coll 100

I took her Coll 100 on line course. Everything is given up front on the syllabus. Read and turn in assignments on time do extra credit and should get an A. Never had to email her because she provided everything I needed! Wish all online instructors were as organized and thorough as her.

7/26/13

PSYCH 100

Professor Chovan is organized and amazingly thorough. Her syllabus answers all questions and she will even send out reminders of assignments due. Read the book and take notes and you should be fine. I made a mistake emailed her to let her know and she responded the same day.

7/24/13

Psychology 100

It was an easy class. I pretty much did all my assignments, quizzes, and post discussions within 3 days. I'm not even exaggerating. She has it all out on black board, so its hard to miss. Don't slack off, you'll eventually get a lot of work, its pretty tedious. I emailed her, she's not much of an "Attitude". She'll be straight forward! She not bad.

7/8/13

Psych 100

This class was overall pretty easy. Take notes and study from the book. Contacting her by email wasn't very pleasant because she replies with attitude.

1/28/13

coll100

Took her college success course online and was very satisfied. The pace was quick because it was a 10 week course, but the instructions were very clear and there was plenty of time to finish the assignments. She graded promptly and fairly. Can't complain. I never needed to email her so I don't know about other comments about her unavailability.

11/27/12

PSYCH100

She's just a lazy teacher overall. I took two courses from her (psychology) and (human sexuality) at the same time and she gave the same assignments (term papers) in both classes even though they should be on different course material (she make us buy a separate book for both classes which had nothing to do with psychology or human sexuality)

20891480
5/21/12

Psych100

Not helpful. All contact is to be performed over e-mail, and despite her claiming that she is understanding of "life", she is not. Most of her points are all-or-nothing, and she relies heavily on the media for examples. If you do not provide PERSONAL examples on some required papers, she will give you a 0. Easy, but no compassion for students.

5/18/12

COLL100

This teacher is awfull. She does not answer her emails. I only received one reply from her all semester. This is an online course, so you pretty much are on your own. The one email received from her simply states that all I need to know is on the assigment directions, and to not ask her again because she will not respond. Wow!

5/7/12

PSYCH100

I love her. She is funny. She is strict, but she teaches fantastic. She does not leave any homework. Just a few papers, which are a peace of cake to write about and quizzes for every chapter she teaches, which are online on blackboard. I recommend her for sure :)

1/10/12

Col100

Took college sucuess online with her. Class was an easy A but make sure you pay close attention to you word counts and where to post assigments she give no breaks if you make a simple mistake. You have to be a self learner and not expect to get any imput from the teacher.

12/15/11

PSYCH100

The online course discussions were very easy and straight forward but the tests can be pretty difficult. She doesn't seem to check her email or respond to emails. Just try not to have questions ever.

8/3/11

psyc100

Took this class online. Awesome professor!!! Very straight foward with what she expects of all students. Gives extra credit!I got an A!

5/27/11

PSCH160

If you like online classes I suggest you take this course. There are 9 discussion posts 40 points each: they are very easy, 5-8 min a post, I suggest working ahead to get em out of the way. 18 quizzes pretty easy (1 chap per week)or read ahead. 3 easy papers. You must read the book! She gave 60 E.C points, got me an A!

5/27/11

PSCH160

I took the 16 week online class. It was pretty easy and she gave you a lot of time to do assignments. There are a total of 18 quizes 1-9 due first half of semester and 10-18 due 2nd. 3 papers. READ THE BOOK. Also, she gave me a B when I got 89.9% -_- see ya 4.0

5/24/11

PSYC100

I took this class online, was a little hard, still got a good grade in the class. Had no communication with the teacher because I didn't need to, but I did like the fact that she gave all the assmnts upfront so you could work at your own pace, would recommend to anyone that doesn't like to every week turn in.

More Psychology professors at Golden West College