in Nassau Community College that teach Marketing Edit
at Nassau Community College, Garden City, NY
are you Jack Mandel?
12/18/2014
good
MKT 105 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A
"Would take again"

Mandal is awesome. he stresses attendance a lot but he does it so he gets the best out of his students. two tests (midterm and final) which he gives you a review sheet for. they were middle school format tests. one big group project that he stresses a lot, worth 50% of your grade. show up to class and go to the field trips and you'll get an A.

12/17/2014
good
MKT138 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+
"Would take again" "Participation matters" "Gives good feedback"

Professor Mandel was the best professor I had the pleasure of meeting at NCC. His kindness and willingness to help his students was incredible. He took us on field trips that helped give us insight to how the business world really operates. Mandel had a large influence on my academic success at NCC, and I will always remember that. NO CELL PHONES!!

12/17/2014
good
MKT105 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+
"Participation matters" "Gives good feedback" "Big time extra credit"

Mandel was an amazing professor, just make sure you show up on time and do not use your phone. If you aren't going to wok together with your team on your group project then just withdraw because you will fail. The tests are fair and he does not BS you. I will take him for multiple classes because I know I will work hard and get the grade I deserve.

12/03/2014
good
Marketing 100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A
"Hilarious" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Would take again"

He's so funny! He talks about himself a lot but makes time go faster lol. He's class is so easy and Gives lots of extra credit if you're failing. Don't be out or he'll drop you immediately after 3 absences. Next semester will be my 3rd semester taking him. He's great!!! :) TAKE HIM. Easy A!!!!

12/01/2014
good
MKT 138 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Gives good feedback"

This class still marks as one of the "fun" type of classes I have ever taken in Nassau Community College. Even in this course, you get to go on trips and so on. Plus the tests was pretty easy.

11/19/2014
Sport Mktng Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Better Like Group Projects" "Skip class? You won't pass."

he does not teach you anything about sports marketing. only talks about his own sad, miserable, and pathetic life. he's divorced yet is called "doctor love". just do not take the class. oh and the group project? yeah good luck with that.

05/22/2014
good
MKT105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

He's such a clown but in a good way i guess. I took sports marketing and it was very easy. Tests are right from the text. You don't do much in class even though attendance is mandatory. You have to attend guest speakers and field trips which kinda suck but if you attend you should have no problem getting an A.

good
Mkt 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

Any one in marketing who does not take couch Mandel is a FOOL. He is the only ncc prof I will remember if I ever graduate this school!!!! Lamo His stories are one of a kind. Made me laugh.

good
Mkt105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Project taught me to work as a team member. I did well in his class cause I followed his test study sheets. Field trips were a lot of fun ... And I learned from pros in the field. Funny guy!

good
MKT112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

Test are straight from the book... I always looked forward to his class. Mandel knows the real deal but you can't get away with s__t! I was late 3 times and almost got dropped but I got my act together.

good
mkt138 ja Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Any idiot with half a brain can read a textbook...that's why Mandel's lectures were so interesting. He talk from business and personal experience. Lazy? Stay away...No cellphones or drinks in his class, or he will throw you out, he threw me out twice!!! Guest speakers and field trips get an "A".

04/17/2014
MKT138 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Although he is funny at times, I haven't learned a thing from his lectures. You must study from the text for tests, for each class is him talking about his personal experiences. He will read this review, laugh, & not think anything of the feedback & show the class also. Very self-centered. Also you must attend field trips OUTSIDE of class time.

03/12/2014
good
MKT138 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Love was the best professor at nassau. Attendance is mandatory but the class is so fun its not a problem. He says no phones but you can get around that. His test are easy, field trips & speakers were the best part because it gives students hope of being able to finish college & start a career. He said I would remember his class & I will.

03/04/2014
good
Sports Mark 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mandel just had the COO if the NY Cosmos soccer team visit. I have been playing soccer since i was 3 and i love the sport even more now-infact im on the NCC soccer team. He knows people and cares about more than a textbook. Wake up and take him. He is #1 although he is willing to throw out cell phone users and doesnt let you drink in class.

01/27/2014
Mkt100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Jack Mandel has such a big ego. He literally talked bout himself the entire semester and never once used the textbook. He brought us on all the field trips and lectures during club hour. Some of them were so boring! I didn't learn anything from him in the classroom only a little bit from the guest professors.

01/27/2014
good
MKT 138 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof Mandel was an amazing prof. I took him last semester Fall 2013. At first I wasn't sure about the class if I would like it or not. Mandel knows what he is talking about. For the field trips and lectures I went to I loved them all, they were fun. I really suggest taking his class if your serious about a marketing major!

01/25/2014
good
MKT-13 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Prof. M has a non traditional way of teaching. At first i didn't like him b/c of how he would talk to students and talk about himself. I slowly realized the reason for his insane rules are to see who respects him by following them. Make sure you listen to his stories&also READ the text. He actually matches very well & dresses nicely i was impressed

12/20/2013
mkt100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

he is a Brand itself and market himself only. Get advantages from all guest speakers. he doesn't teach you at all... you get tested on things he doesn't teach you.. spends all class talking about himself I have only one page notes in his whole smester. he don't teach anything. just talking about himself.

12/17/2013
good
mkt105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mandel is a great teacher he taughtme more about sports marketing but the vaule of being on time and to be a team player. He is the best

12/16/2013
good
Mkt 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Mandel is not only the best professor at NCC, but he is the most understanding one. If you have a problem, he will go out of his way to help you and he cares alot about the success of his students. I would recommend any student to take him for a great marketing experience. I had him for a 7am class and it was the best class I ever took