Sarah Hassani at Illinois State University

Sarah Hassani

Number of ratings 127 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/15/14

MAT 145

Terrible. Has an attitude towards any student who asks questions during class. More interested in micro-managing students than trying to help explain issues. Has pre-made notes which she uses on an overhead, but shuffles around constantly and covers with sticky notes to limit what you can write down. Class was just a cluttered, unorganized mess.

4/7/14

MAT 120

Sometimes when you ask her questions she can make you sound stupid at times. She has broken English and her emails can get confusing and lead to the students making mistakes, which she then blames on them. If you don't get on her bad side you should be fine. She takes attendance every day and the final is really hard. Had an A up until the then.

12/12/13

MAT120

She is a hit or miss teacher, I never had any issues with her. Some kids hated her. She is mean the first week. After she is nice and funny.

12/10/13

MAT 145

Avoid her at all costs. I took calculus in high school and I easily got a B without trying. I struggled to get a B with her. She is horrible. She puts stuff on the test that we do not go over in class, and she is very difficult and stubborn. I would highly suggest getting ANYONE else as a teacher.

11/29/13

MAT 145

Literally the worst teacher I've ever had in high school or college. I did fine, only due to my previous knowledge of calculus, however. She has no regard for her students. I had completed a Webassign assignment and she took it down and re-posted it later for whatever reason, leaving me to spend another 1.5-2 hours on it. AVOID HER AT ALL COSTS

11/4/13

Mat120

I've never met a teacher who's so uninterested in helping students. She NEVER responds to emails, speaks in circles, posts homework assignments AFTER test is taken.. which is useless at that point. I'm a very hard working student, but I don't have time to teach myself an ENTIRE course. By far, worst teacher I have ever encountered, sorry.

10/28/13

MAT-145

She is not the clearest professor, but gives out a lot of extra credit. My test average was a high C but I got an A because the final was so heavily weighted. She is not that bad and gives points simply for attending class, overall she is a good teacher if you put in the effort for the class.

10/23/13

MAT120

Worst Math teacher. She doesn't know what is going on and rambles on in her own language that you can't even understand. She is awful

5/24/13

MAT120

Hassani was definitely not the best math teacher I have ever had. She has broken english and struggled to make examples that were grammatically correct or explain something in detail. I did well in the class by teaching myself the material and doing the optional assignments she gave in class. There are online assignments & labs that are mandatory.

5/6/13

MAT 145

She is a nice enough person but she is not that great of a teacher. She rarely goes into great detail concerning class material and expects you to figure the rest out yourself. If you have to take her do the practice problems she posts for each section and use her office hours if you have questions.

3/3/13

MTH 145

I am currently taking her class right now. I read prior comments on here on how horrible she is, and to date I have yet to see this. However, I do not know what is going on with her exams, because I like to think of myself as a pretty knowledgeable individual when it comes to math and I cannot seem to get over a 60% on her tests.

1/14/13

MAT120

Mrs. Hassani is a really good teacher if you try in her class. I would recommend sitting in the front because she doesn't use her microphone and it would be impossible to hear in the back of a lecture class. She's super nice as long as you respect her.

1/9/13

MAT145

Great sense of humor, clear lecturer, and fun teacher! She presents the big picture, working down to the nitty gritty, deriving the new from the old so you can see how mathematicians came up with it. She structures the class to be as easy point-wise as possible, and grades tests extremely fairly, even giving back points you shouldn't have missed.

12/23/12

MAT145

At times she is hard to understand due to her accent. If you go to class every day and put some effort in you should be fine. If not there are always tutors and she makes herself available to students. Definitely go to class and do the webassign, you will get 200 points plus some extra credit just for that.

12/19/12

MAT120

She was a replacement for a teacher that went on maternity leave for my class. In the few short weeks that Hassani was there, I managed to bring my grade from an A to a C simply because I did not understand the material. She is very hard to understand. Not because of her accent, but because she just does not explain the content very well.

12/8/12

MAT120

When she tries to explain the content, she does a terrible job. It's so hard to understand what she's saying. Not that she has a bad accent, but because what she says doesn't always make sense. She assigns book problems every day but never collects them. It's good practice, but that's up to you to decide whether or not to do them. Book not needed.

12/6/12

Mat120

The absolute worst teacher I have ever had in my life. She has no understandable train of thought, she has a thick accent, and u will fail her class. She has a 80%fail rate. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

11/5/12

MAT120

She is probably the worst professor ever. I took Calculus in high school and received a B. How I got a C in her class is beyond me. Her tests are so stupid. Study all you want but 75% of the material on the test won't be what you studied. Lastly, her voice will make you want to walk out of class everyday. STAY AWAY!

10/31/12

Mat120

She is very easy to understand if you sit in the first 5 rows, if you dont then you are going to have a lot of trouble in her class. She is acutally hillarious if you talk to her. These people commenting below are obviously people who don't listen in class.

5/17/12

MAT145

She does never explains everything and when it comes to exams she tests you on harder material then you go over. (and this is coming from actually math major!)

More Mathematics professors at Illinois State University