in Tarrant County College (all) that teach Computer Science Edit
are you Thomas McQueary?
B-

04/08/2014
good
COSC1437 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: INC

a lot of people bash this prof, but in all honesty those people do not belong in the IT sphere. if you cannot handle a prof that doesn't hold your hand and read the book for you you are not in the right place being in his class. he is very professional, sends all his homework in a well doctored page, consistent, knows the subject, and thats big.

03/20/2014
ITSY-1400 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B-

Lots of homework/exams and no teaching... He has forgotten how to teach if he ever knew how.

03/04/2014
cosc 1436 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is by far the worst professor I have ever had, he expects you to know how to program before you even start coming to class. I would never refer any student to take any course he teaches. He does not teach you anything, he assumes you are already a programming pro.

02/06/2014
COSC 1436 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: INC

Oh man, where to begin. Apart from teaching void usage and not explaining what happens when you use "int main" or "void main" or anything, he also like to make examples of people that attempt to explain those topics to other classmates. He's kind of an ass about information given, so expect to do a lot of outside learning.

12/09/2012
COSC1436 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

In my two years at this campus. This was by far the worst instructor I have had. He has no syllabus and his teaching methods leave a lot to be desired. Take my word find a different instructor for this class. There are much better ones on campus

06/02/2011
good
COSC1437 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Bottom line: his course is tough, but you learn so much if you stick it out. Ask for help if you need it. His office hours were a lifesaver. Class was packed at the start. Only 7 students made it through.

05/07/2011
Secur101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is not a very good teacher. He did not teach by the book, and his test questions were sometimes unrelated to what we learned. Some of the hands on labs that we performed did not work well sometimes, and this caused unnecessary time delays. I would pick another teacher for any subject. I took it for intro to security.

06/19/2010
COSC1437 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is a joke. I'm currently taking the online cosc1437 with 2 years of java under my belt, so I'm familiar with most C++ code. Instruction are ALWAYS unclear. On a test that was 10% of the total grade he took off 5 points because I named the test file incorrectly. I missed an entire question because I counted 0 as a positive number. AVOID

05/14/2010
good
COSC1436 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I'm following up on comments I posted 03/27/10. My initial review stands. bigCodingBrain = programmingFundamentalsI; Also recommend holding off on immediately buying the text. Some students saved big $ by buying an older edition online.

03/27/2010
good

Half way through 1436. My thoughts so far: This guy's the real deal. Does an admirable job of making a pretty hairy computer language (C++) accessible. By the 5th week I was banging out code like it was English. Expect to be challenged and burn some midnight oil. Bottom line: Come wearing your pocket protector, because this is no cake walk.