in University of South Florida that teach English Edit
Silvia Fiore
at University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
are you Silvia Fiore?

01/10/2014
LIT3103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Okay. READ! It's a writing intensive course. You write about what you read, and you write a lot. So obviously, you read a lot. If you can't handle both of those things, do not take this course. She expects a lot, but you can do it if you start your papers early enough and do not wait until the night before. Lecture=u+classmates discussing readings

01/22/2013
LIT3130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She spends a lot of time talking about a subject when it could easily be summarized in a few words. She assigns huge amounts of work and wants you to remember miniscule details. I would not recommend her as a teacher at all. I was not inspired to read and i felt that I didn't completely understand everything I was required to read.Stressful!

12/04/2012
IDH3100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She was ridiculous! I was flabbergasted with the way she held her classes. The Socratic method is quite helpful, but with a moderator who goes off topic with her class the work doesn't get done. There isn't enough space here to critique her class. I will say though, that she can be sort of nice, RARELY.

11/29/2012
good
LIT3103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I believe that she is one of the best professors at USF and she is one of two Professors that has ever inspired me. Dr. Fiore is great and her teaching style is something that just works, because she uses it divinely. But she isn't an easy Professor, you have to earn that grade.

11/20/2012
good

Professor Fiore has been, by far, the most influential professor I have ever come in contact with. You are going to need to read the literature, however, these items will not just be useful in the classroom but also in the "real world". She will dive you into what a real genius is. AND she truly cares about each and every student. TAKE THIS CLASS.

11/12/2011
IDH3100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is very self obsessed, will talk on and on about herself and her family and vacations. However, she is a decent teacher. Pretty flexible with deadlines. Sometimes she changes the syllabus with no warning, though. Assigns so much reading its crazy. The projects are very long. If you aren't ready to devote alot of your time, dont take her.

04/30/2011
IDH3100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Required books we did not use, I believe we were asked to buy one simply because her name is in the back. Dr. Fiore is rude and condescending, and spends class time telling useless stories about her life/children. Gives no indication during the semester of your grades in the class. If I could go back and drop this course, I would.

01/10/2011
LIT3103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great woman, interesting thought provoking classes but she is not a lenient paper grader. Make sure you attend class, participate and ask all your questions in class because she does not email

01/07/2011
good

If you are easily offended or get intimidated by professors this isn't a class for you. She called a student fat on day 1 and posted a million things to blackboard. Print everything at the beginning so you have it and ask questions in class because she won't reply to email. Got a B. Didn't read most assignments but participated in class.

10/12/2010
good
Lit3103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

After reading the ratings I was scared I wouldn't do well but Dr. Fiore is a great teacher, she is fun and gives you a lot of time for assignments and she is patient. She is very clear and loves her job. I would retake this class in a heartbeat :)

08/24/2010
good
lit3130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I cant believe some of the comments I am reading Dr. Fiore is the best professor I have ever had, she is so willing to help and she loves the subj she is teaching, there were no tests in our class only projects, she can be pretty ocd about projects but overall easy grader.

05/12/2010
aml3031 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

mean old woman. took her while back. not a fun class at all.

05/11/2010
good
IDH3100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This course was the hardest I have ever taken, but I reslly learned a lot because the professor made us work and she really cares about the students.

05/05/2010
good
LIT3103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

When I read the comments that some people wrote, I can't believe they're writing about the Dr. Fiore I had. Her course was the hardest and best course I've taken at USF. She makes you think and work, something I've done little of at USF. She's great!

05/03/2010

if i had an hour to live, i would spend it in this class because it feels like an eternity. unless you are a total masochist, avoid this professor.

05/02/2010
good

Professor Fiore is an amazing teacher who really cares about her students and having them learn. Our final project was a real test of whether we can be self-directed learners in this age. I appreciate what she tried to instill in us. The course was hard but worth it.

04/27/2010

I can't believe USF has kept this woman around. I think she is one of the reasons why USF is not as competitive as they'd like to be and not a member of American Association of Universities (which it would desperately like to be). Why be pompous when you work at a Tier 3 school? Silvia, you helped it to be that way!

04/21/2010

Very high workload, she does not consider that her students are taking other classes. Outright said that she did not read all of the projects. I regret taking this class, it ruined my entire semester, I hated school because of her. The only reason I did not drop is because I still had a pretty good grade despite the amount of work.

11/07/2009
good

She is a really great teacher although so DOES expect you to put in a lot of effort in her class. She uses the texts extensively. You just won't get thru the class discussions without readings. the key to her class is participation in the class discussions and turning in work EXACTLY AS SHE WANTS IT. Highly PICKY ABOUT EVEN FONT AND SPACES ON PAGE!

11/04/2009
LIT3103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I attended this class in the Fall of '09. In the begining the class wasn't so bad. That lasted all of about a week. She seems to forget that her students have other classes besides hers.It seems she wants you to participate...only if it agrees with her opinion! She cuts down your opinion if you do not agree with her or have different views! =P