in Shawnee State University that teach Social Science Edit
at Shawnee State University, Portsmouth, OH
are you Jim Miller?

05/22/2014
good
Socmany Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I have been at SSU for 2 1/2 yrs and have a class with Dr. Miller every semester. I love the way he teaches and he is the best advisor. He truly rocks !!!

05/07/2014
good
soci1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B

Getting a good grade in his class is really easy, but overall he is a very boring professor and he repeats himself all the time. im glad the class is over with. taking notes is difficult because he just rambles on, but passing is not a problem.

03/31/2014
good
SOCI 1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Great teacher

02/26/2014
good
SOCMANY Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Eh... He's okay. A lot of people seem to like him, but I'm rather glad that I'm done with his classes. However, his tests are very simple and if you show up to class and take notes (or even record lectures) then you'll pass with flying colors. Overall an okay prof... just a tad boring.

11/07/2013
good
SOSC1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class is probably one of the easiest classes you can take. He is not strict, easy to understand, very intelligent about what he talks about and his tests(midterm/final) are easy. The only keys to passing is attend class and take good notes. Do NOT write what he puts on the board, but instead what he is saying. I'd definitely take his class.

04/06/2013
good
soci 3330 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I love him... If you can take him!!!

04/05/2013
good
social science Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

his test are open note open book! He is nice and very helpful. His teaching is kind of scattered and such, but I just wrote down EVERYTHING he said in my notes and used them for the midterm and surprisingly got a B! I honestly found the subject rather boring, but he knows his stuff!

12/30/2012
good
SOCI3330 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Knows what he's talking about. He is very helpful to his students in getting a good grade.

12/19/2012
good
SOCI1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Miller is a wonderful man and teacher, I enjoyed his classes so much that my own cousin started to come with me to classes just so she could listen into the lectures that he gave. So to put it simply he's awesome and a must take for a class as the professor.

12/08/2012
good
soci1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

great teacher! take him if you can!

12/05/2012
good
SOCI1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Good teacher

11/08/2012
good
SOCI3314 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Probably one of the best teachers on this campus. Absolutely very helpful and I love everyone of his classes and look forward to everything he teaches because he makes things that should be boring very interesting. He takes attendance but it helps you on your final so it con only help you.

11/06/2012
good
SOCI1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

First off, he is hot for being his age. Next, he makes intro to soci soo interesting! His class is the only one I haven't skipped yet. I'm looking forward to taking more of his classes as well!

08/28/2012
good
SOCIMany Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is awesome! Doesn't pick favorites and his lectures are always interesting! He makes Sociology classes fun to attend! I've taken four different classes with him and he makes each class worth attending.

11/10/2011
good
soci1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome class, easy to follow and never a boring.

04/09/2011
good
SOCI3999 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The more classes I take with this guy, the better I like him. His lectures are very clear, he reviews a lot so you can be sure to get things, and almost all of his tests are take-home.

12/02/2010
good
SOCIMANY Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I am graduating in a week, and I must say that Dr. Miller is THE greatest professor that I've ever had. He really cares about his students. He's been a perfect advisor also!! I wish I could take his courses forever!

09/18/2010
good
Socimany Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This guy is an awesome professor who cares and is very helpful. He doesnt pick favorites and little groupies like the rest of the social science professors at shawnee. I recommend taking this guy! He treats everyone fairly and doesnt try to put you down and embarass you!

01/26/2010
good
SOSC1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is funny,and makes the class interesting!

05/08/2009
good
SOCImany Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I don't care what others have said about him, he is awesome. He does repeat a lot but it is only to point out the important factors that are going to be on the exam. He is extremely helpful, and wants to make sure that everyone passes his classes. I have taken three courses with him and would gladly take more!