Jim Miller at Shawnee State University

Jim Miller

Number of ratings 53 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

5/22/14

Socmany

I have been at SSU for 2 1/2 yrs and have a class with Dr. Miller every semester. I love the way he teaches and he is the best advisor. He truly rocks !!!

5/7/14

soci1110

Grade ReceivedB

Getting a good grade in his class is really easy, but overall he is a very boring professor and he repeats himself all the time. im glad the class is over with. taking notes is difficult because he just rambles on, but passing is not a problem.

3/31/14

SOCI 1101

Great teacher

2/26/14

SOCMANY

Eh... He's okay. A lot of people seem to like him, but I'm rather glad that I'm done with his classes. However, his tests are very simple and if you show up to class and take notes (or even record lectures) then you'll pass with flying colors. Overall an okay prof... just a tad boring.

11/7/13

SOSC1110

This class is probably one of the easiest classes you can take. He is not strict, easy to understand, very intelligent about what he talks about and his tests(midterm/final) are easy. The only keys to passing is attend class and take good notes. Do NOT write what he puts on the board, but instead what he is saying. I'd definitely take his class.

4/6/13

soci 3330

I love him... If you can take him!!!

4/5/13

social science

his test are open note open book! He is nice and very helpful. His teaching is kind of scattered and such, but I just wrote down EVERYTHING he said in my notes and used them for the midterm and surprisingly got a B! I honestly found the subject rather boring, but he knows his stuff!

12/30/12

SOCI3330

Knows what he's talking about. He is very helpful to his students in getting a good grade.

12/19/12

SOCI1101

Dr. Miller is a wonderful man and teacher, I enjoyed his classes so much that my own cousin started to come with me to classes just so she could listen into the lectures that he gave. So to put it simply he's awesome and a must take for a class as the professor.

12/8/12

soci1101

great teacher! take him if you can!

12/5/12

Good teacher

11/8/12

SOCI3314

Probably one of the best teachers on this campus. Absolutely very helpful and I love everyone of his classes and look forward to everything he teaches because he makes things that should be boring very interesting. He takes attendance but it helps you on your final so it con only help you.

11/6/12

SOCI1101

First off, he is hot for being his age. Next, he makes intro to soci soo interesting! His class is the only one I haven't skipped yet. I'm looking forward to taking more of his classes as well!

8/28/12

SOCIMany

He is awesome! Doesn't pick favorites and his lectures are always interesting! He makes Sociology classes fun to attend! I've taken four different classes with him and he makes each class worth attending.

11/10/11

soci1101

Awesome class, easy to follow and never a boring.

4/9/11

SOCI3999

The more classes I take with this guy, the better I like him. His lectures are very clear, he reviews a lot so you can be sure to get things, and almost all of his tests are take-home.

12/2/10

SOCIMANY

I am graduating in a week, and I must say that Dr. Miller is THE greatest professor that I've ever had. He really cares about his students. He's been a perfect advisor also!! I wish I could take his courses forever!

9/18/10

Socimany

This guy is an awesome professor who cares and is very helpful. He doesnt pick favorites and little groupies like the rest of the social science professors at shawnee. I recommend taking this guy! He treats everyone fairly and doesnt try to put you down and embarass you!

1/26/10

SOSC1110

He is funny,and makes the class interesting!

5/8/09

SOCImany

I don't care what others have said about him, he is awesome. He does repeat a lot but it is only to point out the important factors that are going to be on the exam. He is extremely helpful, and wants to make sure that everyone passes his classes. I have taken three courses with him and would gladly take more!

More Social Science professors at Shawnee State University