in Oakton Community College that teach Psychology Edit
at Oakton Community College, Des Plaines, IL
are you Cary Schawel?

12/12/2014
good
122 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A
"Amazing lectures" "Respected by students" "Inspirational"

Best teacher I've ever had at Oakton. has helped me a lot. I don't think we had any tests. I didn't even bring a notebook because you almost never need paper. The discussions actually felt like you were involved. A LOT of clicker questions. Almost all the work was online. The book was practically irrelevant. I wish I could take this class again.

08/19/2014
good
PSY 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

The best teacher ever. He's seriously awesome. I had so much fun in his class and I did better than I expected. Of course, you have to do the work if you want to excel. A lot of online work for this class.

05/23/2014
good
PSY 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is one of the best teachers I've ever had in my life so far.. he is such an amazing personality..he is a great teacher as well as a great human being who encourages and supports students by his gentle words and care..I love him and respect him..you won't regret for taking his class..

07/29/2013
good
Human Sexuality Taken for Credit:No Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The class was BEYOND easy. I found it so funny when more then 70% percent of the student's where complaining and making references to it being 'hard'. I NEVER studied even for a single test and I still got an A. The Professor is highly conceited, which is quite funny.

12/30/2012
good
PSY101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Highly recommend this instructor and course. Excellent fast paced 3 week class. Lots of homework and many videos. Must study and work hard. Take 3 exams, make a presentation + write summaries & papers. Tests R hard. Clickers used to answer in class. On-line portion has many course modules that must be completed. Professional and knowledgeable.

12/17/2012
good
PSY101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Such a laid back class. He explains everything in a concise manner so you'll be fine in this class. attendance is required since he uses an i-clicker, so buy that. you'll as well need to purchase the textbook since there is assignment needed to be done online. other than that, its an easy a so along as you try, you'll be fine

12/12/2012
good
Psy122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Schawel is awesome. Attendance is mandatory, but the lectures are very fun and interesting. He will give you all of the test questions before you take them. HIGHLY SUGGEST THIS CLASS. YOU WILL LEARN ALOT OF FUN THINGS, AND NOT DO MUCH WORK.

11/08/2012
good
PSY101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took his class several years ago and it was great! By far my favorite teacher at Oakton. He was extremely kind to me and took the time to build relationships with all of his class members. I would definitely recommend all of his classes!

02/18/2012
good
PSY101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher!! Very easy class, most of the book stuff is done on the computer at home. Easy grader, easy paper and easy presentation. I would like to take another class with him!

01/07/2012
good
Psy101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I would have never thought that I would look forward to going to a 4 and a 1/2 hour long class every day for the winter session. Prof. Schawel is a great professor, but most importantly, a wonderful human being. We need more people like him in the world! :) Two thumbs up!!!

12/14/2011
good
PSY101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I enjoyed taking his class and his lectures were super interesting! He is also a generous grader! There were 3 exams (all multiple choice), one easy presentation, and one paper. His study guides for the exams follow the same flow as the tests and are extremely helpful!

12/13/2011
good
Psy101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Professor Schawel is very straight forward and clear about the course material instruction,anyone can get an A in his class if done the work. Professor Schawel also makes the class fun, so the students actually look forward to coming to class and actually learn. Professor Schawelis AWESOME. Professor Love/HUG the people that are still in your LIFE

06/07/2011
good
PSY101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Since I have been an oakton he is one of the most amazing teachers I have had so far. He give you many opportunitites to get extra credit and whether or not you do bad on the exam he gives you 5 points extra. Everything on the study guide is on the exam. He is also very kind and willing to help. I would highly recommend taking him.

06/04/2011
good
PSY101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

An absolute joy to be taught by, this professor takes the time to make sure the people who show up everyday to learn stay focused and on track with the material. As long as you pay attention to the teacher, do the homework, and put the time in to study for the quizzes and tests, you should have no problem acing this A+ teacher's class!

05/14/2011
good
PSY122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This dude right here my favorite professor by far. class is awesome, i had him for psychology and human sexuality. I learned alot. Even playing him in basketball cool to.

05/10/2011
good
Psy101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My favorite professor!!! Made me fall in love with psychology. Agree 100% with people that say that you don't even notice how you learn. Take him for psy 101 or sexuality, both classes are extremely interesting)))

01/23/2011
good
psy101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

he is a wonderful person,the best professor ive ever had!

01/16/2011
good
Psych101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's the greatest professor I've had. He's really nice, and really understanding. You will learn A LOT in his class and you won't even realize you're doing anything. He makes everything straight forward so that everyone can do well and learn. If you like psychology take it with him. You won't find anyone better.

01/13/2011
good
PSYCH2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He was very nice, straight-forward and understanding. Didn't come in late or fall off topic once. Appreciates people who actively participate.Don't come in late, he will guilt trip you about it! Otherwise he was very insightful. He was also nice to look at.

01/01/2011
good
PSY101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This Professor really love psychology and it shows. He is an empathetic professor who is willing to work around your needs and situations. The text for his class was an EBook (awful), but so long as you show up for lectures you really don't need it. The professor offers lots of extra credit. You have to put 0% effort not to get an A in his class