in Tulsa Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
Steve Murdock
at Tulsa Community College, Tulsa, OK
are you Steve Murdock?

10/17/2011
Math1715 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had to teach myself the whole book. He didn't lecture at all and gave no incentive to do homework since your final could replace your homework AND midterm grade. It's your responsibility to learn everything and get everything done since he gives no deadlines. If you don't know trig and want to be taught, don't take the class.

06/04/2011
good
DiffMath Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Brilliant mathematician. Easily accesible by phone, email, and office. Be prepared to work.

01/15/2011
mathAlg Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I would not take this class unless you are pretty good with math overall. I dont think this professor is the best teacher for those that don't really consider math one of your best subjects. The class I had pretty much consit of do the homework and take the midterm and final, you had to take the test on campus.

12/10/2010
good
MATH1715 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took him for College Alg and Trig. Its not a bad class... but whenever I asked a question he just seemed very bored with what he was doing and didnt seem very interested to help. Its good to do the homework, pretty much self taught class, have midterm and final that you can take whenever.

07/20/2010
Math2114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Took him for Calculus I online. I'm good at math (math major). The class was kinda hard. BUT--- I learned A LOT even though he didn't teach me anything. The fact that it is not multiple choice really helped me learn. If you are not a math major, though, please don't take him for upper level math classes. Midterm and final were both at the school.

07/21/2008
MTH2114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

if you dont know calc and want to learn then DONT take his class. he expects you to already know everything! thats why im taking the class to LEARN! he is very smart but does NOT know how to teach!

04/03/2008
MTH301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

meh, its an okay class. He was my instructor for Calc 3. Don't get me wrong, he knows his stuff. There are somethings I really dislike about his teaching methods: 1)only teaches by the calculator so if you don't have a Ti89, better get one cause thats what he teaches with. 2)All hw and test on Course Compass, it is the worst thing to do.

01/07/2008
good
MATH101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Inclass/online class was awesome! He was nice and somewhat funny. I wish i had him again this semester.

09/21/2007
good
dunno0000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Dr. Murdock for Calc 1 and 3 and DiffyQ and wished I had had him for calc 2! He knows his subject inside and out and asks question that test your knowledge of the material. He lets you know what will be on the test and gives you old tests to practice. If you don't do well in his class, its because you didn't want to.

07/25/2007
good
BusinCalc Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very helpful one on one.