in University of Central Florida that teach Biology Edit
at University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
are you Walter Sotero?
C

10/31/2014
PCB 3063 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A
"Lectures are long" "Skip class? You won't pass."

Genetics should be an easy class that you don't really need to study so much. Perhaps biology wasn't my strong point, but I thought this class was a little difficult for being one of the easier electives. His lectures are boring, which makes it really hard to follow along. I don't think I will ever take a class with him ever again.

10/11/2014
PCB3023 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

One of the horrible professor in ucf. Be honest, sometime I was really wondering if he really has a Ph.D? The lecture is so boring and he messed up so much. He never answers his email and don't care about his students, period! I did not enjoyed this class at all.

06/22/2014
PCB3063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Honestly, he is an OKAY professor. Lectures can be boring which at times can make them hard to follow. You can get an A in the class, but you have to spend a lot of time on just this class so be prepared to do so. This is the first class at UCF I didn't get an A in.

05/11/2014
good
PCB 3063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

Definitely easier than most science courses. Go to class because he better explains the powerpoints and memorize them. Honestly, the only reason you get the grade you get is because you didn't put in the effort. Drops the lowest test grade including the final.

05/05/2014
good
PCB 3063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

Loved this guy. I really do not know why he even has one bad review. Go to class. Don't nee the book, just study the slides. He gives good examples and analogies for things in class. Funny guy and very approachable. He also drops the lowest test grade, to help students out!I mean everything he test you on is in his pp. If you do bad it is really u

04/28/2014
good
PCB3063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This class was not that hard if you really pay attention, attend class, and study you will definitely pass. Unfortunately I didn't do these things. Focus on the PowerPoints and revert to the book whenever you need clarification and you'll do fine and definitely watch YouTube videos they help a lot

02/01/2014
good
PCB 3063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher. Had genetics in the fall. There is a written portion for tests 1 & 2, and final is optional if you do well on all the other exams. I went to his office hours and he was very helpful and took time to explain things I didn't understand. He wasn't quick at email. Would take him again though.

01/06/2014
PCB3063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Never email him. I was in a car accident and later got sick, both times would not respond to my emails or even pick up phone calls. I fended for myself instead because I knew he doesn't care. Last page of my test was missing and he did nothing to remedy it so I got a 79.3%. My first C at ucf and I have one semester left.. That says something..

12/18/2013
pcb 3023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Horrible! He does not care about his students. He does not reply to emails so it's pointless trying to get in contact with him. Wish I had token someone else.

12/16/2013

You need to put a lot of work to get an A, dont rely on the final, work hard on the first 3 test and dont take the final if possible, he does mess up/gets confused a lot in class. Dr. Sotero is a boring lecturer.

12/15/2013
PCB 3023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Sincerely loved the guy until the very end, his personality is very cold and uncaring. I honestly think he's an a hole. As far as a good professor who cares, would not recommend. Even if he sees you working really hard and are borderline he will not help you out whatsoever. Also not a good professor.

12/13/2013
pcb3023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This professor does not know how to teach. He just reads straight from the power points. I do not like his way of teaching.

12/10/2013
3063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I sincerely detested every day I went to this class... Grades aren't posted yet but I think I got a B. The guy seems nice, but you probably would be better off buying the book, reading it and never attending a class. And don't email or ask questions... He won't answer any of them. Nothing against him. Just not my kind of teacher. I was a number.

08/14/2013
good

Love this professor! Tests are fairly straight-forward with all information coming directly from the slides. I didn't buy the book for this class and got an A. His lectures always keep you interested and he's pretty funny too.

05/01/2013
good
PCB3063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took him for Genetics. Pretty easy to get a B, quite hard to get an A, unless you are very good with rote memorization. Tests are more geared towards tiny facets rather than larger deduction based reasoning and concepts. Study time isn't that bad. If you would actually like to learn genetics, buy the book, otherwise memorize power-points.

04/25/2013

My head was not in the right place for school this semester so I did poorly. But, when I did have a question, I would email him and I NEVER got any responses. His office hours were during my other classes and I hate when I have to try to track down teachers. Just answer your emails once in a while!!!!

04/20/2013
good
PCB3063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Got a B. Hardly went to class though. Don't need book. Just study ppts. Easy to follow bc ppts are detailed. Good professor and clear. I was just busy so I got a B. Just read ppts like 3 times each and you'll do good on tests. Drops lowest grade, even the final. So...you can skip the final!

03/25/2013
good
PCB 3063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher. Pay attention in class and to his lecture notes/powerpoints and it will be an easy class. He gives so many examples that he makes the material easy to understand, and works with you until you understand.

03/18/2013
good
PCB 3063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Don't buy the book, you don't need it. His tests are based on his lecture and his sample problems are similar to those on the tests. He also adds things to the slides in class that aren't on the ones online. An easy B class if you just study the night before. An A requires a little more studying.

01/15/2013
good
PCB3023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Got an A in both genetics and molecular cell biology. Very clear lecturer and fair tester. Go to class, read the book to supplement the lectures, and memorize the powerpoints. Nice guy, would recommend his classes to others.