Terry Kohlenberg at San Diego Mesa College

Terry Kohlenberg

Number of ratings 127 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/15/14

Oral Comm. 103

Excellent teacher! Very organized and very helpful. Has high expectations. If you want an A you need to practice alot. You also need to come to class every day

2/10/14

com 103

Terry is a nice guy but is a super hard grader I did amazing on my speeches according to my peers evaluations and still received low grades for not moving around enough plus his tests are incredibly hard for what this class is. If you plan on majoring in this subject take him as it will be very serious if your just trying to finish your GE's avoid!

12/15/12

COMM103

Great professor, very enthusiastic and tells hilarious genuine stories that keep the class interesting. He has very specific guidelines for the speeches you must do so just pay attention to those and you'll do fine. Other than that, he is a great orator himself and you will enjoy his lectures and activities. Cheap textbook as well!

11/22/12

COMS103

Do not take him unless you have taken a Communication class before.

7/27/12

Spee103

Very cool guy... I DREADED this class and even bombed my speeches but he made it as easy as possible. His guidelines are helpful and as long as you hit the main points you'll get a good grade. People who say he's a tough grader must have missed the objectives of the speeches. Be supportive towards your fellow students, be on-time, & do the work.

6/25/12

COM103

He is a pretty tough grader, and unless you put time and effort into preparing for your speeches you will probably get a C on them. I passed the class with a B, but I NEVER practiced my speeches beforehand, I just did the extra credit outlines.

5/15/12

COMM103

This guy runs a tight ship.. He has good intentions but he grades ridiculously hard. Only speech class i've ever heard of where you have to take 2 written midterms and a final and they are HARD. I get good grades in all my classes but ill be getting a C in this class. If you really care about your GPA do yourself a favor and get another professor

8/9/11

SPEE103

Terry's awesome! I really dreaded the idea of this course, but he made actually like going to his class. Really makes the class comfortable and relatively enjoyable. Go to class, pay attention to his lectures, and practice your speeches. Not the easiest grader, but he's just trying to make sure you get the most out of the class. 100% recommend him.

5/21/11

Spee103

What an amazing professor! For such a dreaded class I absolutely loved it! It is the only short term class I've taken that I didn't feel rushed. He does grade very harsh. Most people I saw were getting all B's on speeches. I tried my very hardest and walked away with a B so sad but that class was such a great experience I can live with that.

4/28/11

speec103

He is smart and fun and sometimes funny. I highly recommend him! He is clear with what he wants. He doesn't like it if you don't come to class. Not an easy grader but he makes everyone feel comfortable.

1/20/11

Sp103

I really dont like public speaking, but this class was actually enjoyable. I'm not sure if it was because I had good classmates, or because he was good, but I think it was the combo of both. He is really helpful and nice, funny at times, but is a hard grader. If you dont like public speaking take his class because he makes it seem less stressful.

1/3/11

SPEE103

This class appears to be super easy; however, he grades HARD!!! Pay attention & attend class & study your notes & apply all the tips & requirements for each speech & you should do fine. DO GET clarification regarding your feedback, this way, you will do much better! His printing is horid...so ask!!! He works with you to improve! Do take!

12/3/10

Spee103

He is a great professor, class is definitely fun. You usually get to know most of the people in the class and he tries to make a comfortable atmosphere for people to deliver speeches. He does grade a little tough on speeches but if you put effort in you will get an A

11/16/10

COM103

AMAZING TEACHER! recommended him to all my friends. His class is very enjoyable and fun.

9/20/10

SPEE103

Good man! Just finished up his shortened 4 week class. Difficult, but rewarding. Classes were 4 hours on Fridays and 8 hours on Saturdays, but Terry made the time spent in class enjoyable. He provided an awesome learning atmosphere and I never once felt I was wasting my time. Difficult grader, but fair. Don't take this class from anyone else!

8/24/10

SPEE103

GOOD PROFESSOR. VERY ENTERTAINING AND KEEPS THE CLASS FUN. BUT AN EXTREMELY HARD GRADER! (IN THE SENSE OF GETTING AN A). GETTING A 'B' IS EASY, BUT GETTING THAT 'A' IS HARDDDD. I SHOWED DRAMATIC IMPROVEMENT ACCORDING TO HIM BUT WITH HIS SCALE, HE CONSTANTLY GAVE ME B-/C+ ON SPEECHES. I STILL MANAGED 48/50 AND 49/50 ON TESTS BUT GOT A B IN THE CLASS

6/21/10

SPEE103

Terry is an awesome professor. He is really nice and extremely helpful. I thought he graded too hard on the speeches, but I ended up getting an A, so I think if you put in the time and effort he will help you out. Be honest on your peer essay, he really uses the feedback to improve his class. One of my favorite classes at Mesa.

6/16/10

speec103

Great teacher !!! awesome class !! He makes you feel very comfortable with your classmates so giving your first speech isnt as scary !! highly recommended !!

6/14/10

Spe103

A wonderful teacher. I took him for a short term class and it was great!He is very clear on what he expects. The book is a $8 notebook put together notebook so that was a plus. Unfortunately, I couldn't do my full powerpoint presentation because of a computer malfunction but he passed me because he saw I tried.Take him!!

5/11/10

SPEE103

I loved his class. He knows how to create a good environment. I was afraid of giving speeches, but thanks to him, you won't feel the pressure of your classmates and go over that fear!

More Communication professors at San Diego Mesa College