Mike Rosenthal at Florida International University

Mike Rosenthal

Number of ratings 160 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

8/5/14

MGF 1107

One of the best math professor I've had at FIU. I failed this class when I first took it and I came into this class with a lot of reservations. However, Professor Rosenthal made the material so easy to learn & nearly impossible to fail. Do the homework because the test is composed of problems very similar to it and don't be afraid to ask questions.

7/30/14

MAC2311

I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with him unless they are rude themselves. I am easily distracted and love that he's strict with the class. He responds to emails quickly and practically has endless office hours, INCLUDING WEEKENDS!!! He will do everything he can to help you pass. HIGHLY recommend.

6/21/14

MAC 2311

Open

Grade ReceivedA+

Fantastic Professor!

4/28/14

mac 2233

Grade ReceivedC

Took this online and he is a great teacher. bus calc was very hard for me but i was able to pass. His lectures were online and very helpful. 3 Tests in class worth 20% each, 21 mcgrawhill connect quizzes worth 50% in total and a final exam in class worth 25%. The class was hard for me but he is extremely helpful

4/26/14

MGF1107

I hated math prior to him. Failed MAC1105 twice and moved on to other things. His online class was AMAZING. He is so clear in his lectures that I rarely had questions and when I did he answered within minutes every time. Very fair grader and you can tell he isn't out to get you on his tests. TAKE HIM!!!!! for MGF1106 too!

3/28/14

MAC 2312

he was very interested making students understand the material. its a hard subject so you have put effort into practicing the problems in the book. there is online hw.

1/30/14

Mac2311

He is awesome, Rosenthal is my favorite professor. He makes you learn math, not just rote memorization like some teachers. Explains everything clearly and does reviews of obscure topics from algebra/trig/etc. that are relevant to the class. Plus he is funny, which keeps things interesting, reduces boredom with the occasional joke. Awesome prof!

12/27/13

MAC 1147

Bad teacher, I tried my hardest and took all his advise (Extra book work) and even went to his office hours. But he had no sympathy for how hard I tried for his class. He did not want to help me at all.

12/20/13

MGF 1107

Great professor, very willing to help and make sure you pass the class. The exams are all based on the HW questions, and he posts the grades up a few days after the exam. If you're not the best at math but need the credit, TAKE THIS PROFESSOR.

12/19/13

MAC2312

He is the best teacher as far as clarity goes in the math department. But, the amount of homework is insane, expect to employ 20 hours a week on doing it. Exams are easy but his grading style is unfair. Expect to lose points for not putting parentheses and other silly things; he wants things done HIS way. Plus, he is arrogant and condescending.

11/19/13

MGF1107

Mr. Rosenthal is an excellent teacher. Math has never been my best subject, but with the help of his videos and office hours, I understood the majority of the concepts. 3 exams, and one final cumulative exam..if you do all four kinds of homework he assigns (only one kind is graded), you'll ace the class, even online.

11/15/13

MAC 2312

He is a very good teacher. the class itself is hard. Calc 2 is no walk in the park yet he makes it so doable due to his teaching style. take him. but you have to try

11/13/13

MAC 2312

Take him. he is very helpful and he does care and gives you many opportunities to do well in his class. you have to put in work and watch out for his jokes. they may bring you to tears

11/13/13

MAC 2312

Rosey was one of the best calc teachers you will have. he is helpful and will provide many recources to ensure your success. it is NOT a no effort class but you will be happy you took him

9/15/13

MAP 2302

Open

Professor Rosenthal is awesome! I've watched all of his calc 1, calc 2, and differential equations lectures online and his lectures are the best that I've ever seen. He also has a good sense of humor so his lecture videos are not only informative but are fun to listen to as well.

8/29/13

MGF 1107

This was not my first time taking this class and with this guy I fully understood him. My only advice is to keep up to date with everything he posts on blackboard. other than that he was really great and this class become like common knowledge to me.

8/5/13

MGF 1107

If I could get an A in this class, anyone can. Great class and professor. The exams are exactly like the homework, so do the homework and you WILL pass. I took it online during Summer B and it is very manageable. Take this class with Rosenthal and you will pass and LEARN.

8/4/13

MGF1107

By far the best teacher I have ever had at FIU. His clarity and teaching style made me actually WANT to take more math classes with him, even though I'm done with the requirements.

5/7/13

MAC 2311

Go to class or watch the videos online. He is the best calculus professor at FIU. He helps you not matter what. Tests are the homework, so do it. Got a B+ in the class but I was in an accident before a test. WOuld of gotten an A in the class. He is so HELPFUL

5/4/13

MAC1147

Went everyday to class &did everything he told us to study. The problem isn't understandin the material, its not havin enough time to study everything he teaches us.Math majors should take this teacher. But if your not planin on majorin into Math or going into depth with math avoid his class. Unnecessary information is expected for you to memorize.

More Mathematics professors at Florida International University