Shannon Bessette at Jamestown Community College

Shannon Bessette

Number of ratings 26 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/19/13

ANT1530

Meh. She's average. I don't understand these glowing remarks. I was very interested in anthropology before this class, but now not so sure. If she's one of the good profs, how bad must the others be?

4/26/13

ANT 1510

Overall, I would rate Bessette as an effective teacher. I felt that the tests were a bit easy, but I'm never going to complain about that!

4/24/13

ANT 1510

I LOVE Shannon. Though I am not terribly interested in anthropology, I took two classes just so that Shannon would be my teacher!! Highly recommend taking a class with her.

2/6/13

1510anth

Solid proffesor, do the work, somewhat pay attention in class, and you will be fine.

1/7/13

ANT1510

I did honestly find the subject matter interesting, but I did not like Shannon all that much. She was nice and helpful,but she tended to share too much(her sex studies,foster cats,opinions on EVERYTHING). The Readings were actually necessary to write the papers and do the tests, but don't bother answering the worksheets, she never collected them.

6/14/12

antant

best teacher at jcc i love her so much so helpful anything you need she will help you to the best of her ability when i say she is the coolest and nicest person i have ever met i mean it i 100 percent recomend her.if you take her for anthro i highly suggest you take her native american history course it is eye opening. you will love her !!!!

5/2/11

AntANT

Fun and easygoing.

4/11/11

ANT101

I loved this prof! She was a tremendous help not only in the classroom but was a great advisor helping me with my academic career after JCC. I learned so much in her class. I recommend her to anyone.

12/19/10

ANT1510

I had her for Intro to Cultural Anthropology. She is very personable and understands that people have lives outside of college. I have a class with her next semester and am looking forward to it =)

12/19/10

ANT1510

She was awesome. I was going through alot my freshman year of College and I felt like I could talk to her about anything. She is one the best instructers there.

5/10/10

ANT1510

Amazing woman, amazing professor. She was generally invested in her work and her students.

1/21/10

HIS7508

She was the better half of the professors that taught 'American Culture Studies'. She has the actual knowledge that I expected out of the class.

9/7/09

ANT1530

I absolutely love Shannon. I feel like she truely inspired me to be a better student and pursue a career in anthropology. Her story and sense of humor is amazing

8/28/09

HIS7508

This class was taught with alternating teachers..she was by far better than the other.

4/16/09

ANTH100

She was one of my favorite teachers. She was straight forward, intelligent, easy to talk to and made everything interesting. Her story was truly inspiring! She could do much better than a community college. Make sure you know and understand the material and the tests will be fine! Read the assigned readings!

10/15/08

ANT1510

i like her. i think she is a good teacher.

5/3/08

ANT8501

I've taken several courses from Shannon including intro to cultural anthropology, comparative religion, Native American history, and sex, sexuality and gender. I loved all of her courses. Shannon is an amazing, intelligent, funny, and passionate teacher, and is one of the best teachers I have ever had. I absolutely recommend her.

3/30/08

ANT1000

Wow, she's using too much bleach in her hair or something. She used to be awesome, now she's forgetful and mean. I thought I'd enjoy this class.

11/3/06

ANTSECT

i have taken every class shannon offers. she is an amazing spirit. she gives a decent challenge and always provides help if it is needed. her lecture is peppered with interesting things and she is very funny. i love her tests as well - they're a much better way to find out if you actually know something.

5/25/06

his/anth

Cool, cute, and very smart.

More Anthropology professors at Jamestown Community College

It looks like this department doesn't have many professors on RateMyProfessors.com. Add a new professor to this school!