in Jamestown Community College that teach Anthropology Edit
Shannon Bessette
Professor in the Anthropology department
at Jamestown Community College, Jamestown, NY
are you Shannon Bessette?

11/19/2013
ANT1530 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Meh. She's average. I don't understand these glowing remarks. I was very interested in anthropology before this class, but now not so sure. If she's one of the good profs, how bad must the others be?

04/26/2013
good
ANT 1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Overall, I would rate Bessette as an effective teacher. I felt that the tests were a bit easy, but I'm never going to complain about that!

04/24/2013
good
ANT 1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I LOVE Shannon. Though I am not terribly interested in anthropology, I took two classes just so that Shannon would be my teacher!! Highly recommend taking a class with her.

02/06/2013
good
1510anth Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Solid proffesor, do the work, somewhat pay attention in class, and you will be fine.

01/07/2013
good
ANT1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I did honestly find the subject matter interesting, but I did not like Shannon all that much. She was nice and helpful,but she tended to share too much(her sex studies,foster cats,opinions on EVERYTHING). The Readings were actually necessary to write the papers and do the tests, but don't bother answering the worksheets, she never collected them.

06/14/2012
good
antant Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

best teacher at jcc i love her so much so helpful anything you need she will help you to the best of her ability when i say she is the coolest and nicest person i have ever met i mean it i 100 percent recomend her.if you take her for anthro i highly suggest you take her native american history course it is eye opening. you will love her !!!!

05/02/2011
good
AntANT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Fun and easygoing.

04/11/2011
good
ANT101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved this prof! She was a tremendous help not only in the classroom but was a great advisor helping me with my academic career after JCC. I learned so much in her class. I recommend her to anyone.

12/19/2010
good
ANT1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I had her for Intro to Cultural Anthropology. She is very personable and understands that people have lives outside of college. I have a class with her next semester and am looking forward to it =)

12/19/2010
good
ANT1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She was awesome. I was going through alot my freshman year of College and I felt like I could talk to her about anything. She is one the best instructers there.

05/10/2010
good

Amazing woman, amazing professor. She was generally invested in her work and her students.

01/21/2010
HIS7508 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She was the better half of the professors that taught 'American Culture Studies'. She has the actual knowledge that I expected out of the class.

09/07/2009
good
ANT1530 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely love Shannon. I feel like she truely inspired me to be a better student and pursue a career in anthropology. Her story and sense of humor is amazing

08/28/2009
HIS7508 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class was taught with alternating teachers..she was by far better than the other.

04/16/2009
good
ANTH100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She was one of my favorite teachers. She was straight forward, intelligent, easy to talk to and made everything interesting. Her story was truly inspiring! She could do much better than a community college. Make sure you know and understand the material and the tests will be fine! Read the assigned readings!

10/15/2008
good
ANT1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

i like her. i think she is a good teacher.

05/03/2008
good
ANT8501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I've taken several courses from Shannon including intro to cultural anthropology, comparative religion, Native American history, and sex, sexuality and gender. I loved all of her courses. Shannon is an amazing, intelligent, funny, and passionate teacher, and is one of the best teachers I have ever had. I absolutely recommend her.

03/30/2008
ANT1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Wow, she's using too much bleach in her hair or something. She used to be awesome, now she's forgetful and mean. I thought I'd enjoy this class.

11/03/2006
good
ANTSECT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

i have taken every class shannon offers. she is an amazing spirit. she gives a decent challenge and always provides help if it is needed. her lecture is peppered with interesting things and she is very funny. i love her tests as well - they're a much better way to find out if you actually know something.

05/25/2006
good
his/anth Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Cool, cute, and very smart.