J. Ron Galli at Weber State University

J. Ron Galli

Number of ratings 63 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

7/2/14

PHYS 101

I can't decide what I thought of this teacher. I went in and out of his tests thinking I was going to fail and came out with an A in the class. He knows physics very well and is not shy to brag about it. The one thing that bugged me is when a student asks questions he will mock them, however, the questions do get answered.

5/12/14

PHYS 1010

He was very rude and unclear. He is very "old fashioned." He is great if, and only if, you are really good at physics. He does not teach, he reviews and expects you to move as fast as he does. This class will be a breeze if you've taken physics before. He doesn't exactly make you feel comfortable to ask questions. I would avoid his classes.

5/4/14

PHYS 1010

I literally went to class around ten times and received a B. If you know anything about physics or chemistry you're pretty well set. He also follows the book exactly.

4/5/14

Physics 1010

I loved Dr. Galli! He kept class interesting and wasn't too hard. Your entire grade is based on your three tests, but if you take notes according to his guidelines every day, he gives you a lot of extra credit and he also offers other extra credit opportunities. I really enjoyed this class, so take it! Highly recommend you get the textbook.

3/27/14

Physics Intro

I loved Prof. Galli, he was one of my favorites. The class made you work but it was never hard. He teaches well and an A is very obtainable if you do the few homeworks and study a bit for the test. I loved the class.

3/23/14

Physics 1010

He's fairly old, but it's fun to actually be there. He gives opportunity for extra credit! Highly recommend.

12/19/13

His lectures were given almost directly from the book. All your points are based on tests, unless you want to do a daily "extra credit" assignment which he spend more time explaining than lecturing. When he does lecture his in-class demonstrations are supplemented with videos of him doing the experiment, and then he just rambles on from there.

12/5/13

PHYS 1010

This class is way easy. Your grade is only from tests but there is enough extra credit offered to take a grade from a C to an A. Read the textbook, do the extra credit, and go to the class. Easy A.

10/23/13

PHYS 1010

If you took basic physics class in high school, you'll be golden for this class. He literally goes over the EXACT same concepts taught in a high school basic physics class. I promise.

4/29/13

Best professor ever!!! The sobject is not easy but he helps a lot. It 's very easy to work with him, he always gives very clear examples.

3/25/13

Physics 1010

I freaking love Galli! He is so enthusiastic about the subject and just makes it really simple to understand. He does a lot of demonstrations and is very good with extra credit. I definitely recommend him.

1/8/13

Phys1010

Galli is an awesome professor! I really learned a lot in his class. Get this, he does not assign homework. However, If you take notes and turn them in the next class day he will give you extra credit! Also he takes role but that is also counted as extra credit! I recommend going to class and taking the notes. Tests were very straight forward.

12/13/12

PHYS1010

Great professor! A little odd at times, but he's a great guy. If you do his "extra credit" aka homework you will pass the class with ease.

11/13/12

phys1010

Awesome professor, very interesting demonstrations.

4/25/12

PHYS1010

Guy is nice and hilarious. DO THE EXTRA CREDIT! It really helps you study for the exams and raises your grade a lot. I wish I did it all. He even goes over the extra credit topics in class so take good notes. A very nice professor, good guy for an easy grade

4/19/12

PHYS1010

This is a good class to take if you're not interested in the sciences, but need it for generals. Galli makes it possible to get a good grade. His demonstrations were very entertaining. I'd recommend this class.

4/18/12

PHYS1010

Doesn't stay on topic and in a little OCD about assignments. Tests are hard and sometimes don't make sense.

4/17/12

PHYS1010

Great class, grades were based solely on test with ALL assignments as extra credit. Enough extra credit to raise a full grade. Prof is funny, attendance not mandatory. He does actually teach as well, very fun, awesome experiments!

4/16/12

PHYS1010

He's a really nice guy, but I don't feel like I learned a lot in this class. I have practically zero interest in physics (I had to take it as a prerequisite to get into my graduate program), so I thought this class was an absolute bore. On the plus side, he offers extra credit for practically everything. Overall, I'm just not very impressed.

4/13/12

Phys1010

He asked our class the first day whether we wanted cumulative tests or tests broken into 3 parts where you weren't responsible for previous material. There are 3 tests total. Along with this there is a ton of extra credit. You can gain up to a full letter grade of extra credit. Very easy class. I recommend you take this class if you need physics.

More Physics professors at Weber State University