in Valencia College-East and West Campus that teach Chemistry Edit
A+

07/31/2014
good
CHM1046c Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

Best professor ever!!! he is kind, and he would always help me learn!! when other professors doubted me, he didn't fowler would make sure I knew the material and he never gave up on me! This is a hard class but if you do your homework and study you will be okay!! you will learn!!

07/29/2013
good
chm 1046c Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

best professor ever!!! very nice and very helpful! do your homework!! if you have a question he will check it and let you know if you need to fix something! he isnt boring and make sure you get your labs checked as well! you will actually learn chemistry!!! take him you wont regret it!!!!! :)

04/26/2013
good
Chem 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Nice man, knows chemistry, but isn't the best at teaching it. He's very helpful though, especially on tests, Will practically give you the answer if you ask the right questions. Just do the HW and labs(does grade them a little hard) and ask questions on the test, and you should get a B or an A. I ended up with an A, they are very attainable.

09/01/2012
good
Chem1046 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

A very knowledgeable professor who is willing to help students with anything they do not understand right away. As long as you try your best to listen to the lectures, read the textbook before the tests, and concentrate on the labs you will get an A.

08/03/2012
good
CHM1046 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Really hard test. They weren't multiple choice at all, so study study study! He helps you during the exams. Do the homework and he won't get angry with you at all.

05/07/2012
good
CHM2046 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Org2. Study his reviews and you'll ace the tests. Just write the mechanisms 10 times each or more and you should be fine. He helps you out w homework and tests. Gives hints, etc. Def reccomend him. Knows stuff. Good comm skills. Take good notes bc it helps with hw and test reviews. One of my fav professors.

07/23/2011
good
CHM1046 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is a great professor. He cares about helping students and will help you with anything! Don't be lazy, do the homework, and ask him questions if you're unsure about something. 2nd time taking his class. Got A's both times.

05/24/2011
CHMORG Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He seems knowledgeable about subject, but just cannot explain things clearly. He takes points off EXTREMELY easily. In labs or in exams, you have to pretty much answer perfectly to get full credit on your answer. But he does make it a priority to take off points. I would NEVER take his class again.

05/17/2011
good
CHM1045 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Fowler is in my top three professors at East Campus. I spent a lot of time in his office as the material gets hard towards the end. He's also helped me figure out direction for major. His notes suck (just download Becker's) and labs are impossible, but just go to his office. He will help you with anything, very patient professor!! I got an A!!

04/27/2011
CHM1045 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He's nice guy but his lectures are very boring and he docks points like a madman on labs. Get every assignment checked over if you want full credit for it. I know people who love him but I won't take him again. TOO boring!

04/16/2011
good
CHM1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Although he helps students during tests, his labs are insanely tough and his tests are short answers and very hard. NO MULTIPLE CHOICE. He doesn't explain well. He knows the material but he doesn't know how to convey it to his students. The so-called notes and review sheets are useless. I am an A student and I got B in his class. STAY AWAY!

12/22/2010
good
CHM1046 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Fowler is amazing! He is extremely helpful especially if you go to his office hours. He truly cares about your education and WONT just give you answers! You must work towards them and come up with them yourself. I'm not the best at chem, but he helped me through and I really learned the material! Text & attendance are necessary.

12/21/2010
good
CHM2211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had a hard time at first but after reading the text and doing homework assignments I ended up with a B. He is very fair and offers help when asked. Go to his office hours but make sure you go over the material first. If you are just trying to coast thru w/little effort you wont pass. Take the course including labs seriously and you will do great!

08/17/2010
good
org2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

what ever ppl...read your book...ask questions if you are unclear..Most important read B$ the lecture so you arent lost...this way you can ask questions...HE IS EASY..omg i'd take him again ...took him for org I got an A and Org II after a year off to have my child..so...STUDY or get tutor...

07/29/2010
ORGII Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's an ok person overall, but he doesn't explain his material in a good manner. His tests are very hard (yes I'm saying that and I had an A), he doesn't curve or help with the grades. He's helpful most of the time even in tests. I wouldn't take his class again even if that's the only class available.

06/21/2010
CHM2011 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Unfortunately he does not explain well, and makes a LOT of mistakes (that most students don?t realize). His grading is extremely unfair. I had an A thankfully, but I am speaking of very good students in my class that ended up with a C or failing because of his grading. I think he knows the material but certainly doesn't know how to explain it.

05/01/2010
good
CHM1045 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND EASY!!!!!!!!!! HE IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO ASK QUESTIONS AND CHECK YOUR HOMEWORK. NOT A GOOD TEACHER. HE GOES A MILLION MILES AN HOUR AND DOESNT CARE IF YOU UNDERSTAND. BUT HE WILL ALWAYS TELL YOU EXACTLY WHATS ON THE TEST AND HE HELPS YOU DURING THE TEST. YOU CAN ASK HIM WHATEVER YOU WANT AND HE'LL HELP YOU.

04/17/2010

Though i received an A , I just can't stress how unfair he is in grading. I took much harder classes (i'm an MD now) and yet i never suffered more than in his class. In grading he always looks for the wrong answers and takes points off (even if you added it extra he still takes points off). Horrible horrible teacher. He can't explain either.

04/12/2010

I never complain about profs, so this is hard for me to do, but he just doesn't know how to explain things. I am convinced that he's good in chem, but not to explain it. Though i received A's on org. I & II, i can't say that he taught me much, i used the book & internet for everything.He writes on the board; so no time to follow him.

12/21/2009

Unfortunately he isn't the most helpful teacher. He writes everything on the board which makes it hard to copy and listen. He certainly lacks explanation aptitude, and cannot convey a concept in a comprehensible way. I could never take his class again unless i am obligated to. From a straight A student.